Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    176.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice bunch of runs guys. Nice to see a P31 working out! Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice runs, guys. Click here to enlarge C63 walks a little... but it's pretty even - not a "buslengths beating" as sometimes witnessed with very mismatched competitors.

    I don't follow the BMW boards as much... did the M3 previously have an engine failure from running the S/C?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,690
    Rep Points
    31,530.7
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    I don't follow the BMW boards as much... did the M3 previously have an engine failure from running the S/C?
    Have fun: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...earing-Failure...

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    this is sick! p31 has so much torque. no replacement for displacement. I was kinda surprised i thgouth it would have been even with the bolt ons. but i guess that p31 is really nothing less than a factory beast.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,690
    Rep Points
    31,530.7
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    this is sick! p31 has so much torque. no replacement for displacement. I was kinda surprised i thgouth it would have been even with the bolt ons. but i guess that p31 is really nothing less than a factory beast.
    The M3 needs a tune + scoops.

    Just goes to show how strong the P31 is.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The M3 needs a tune + scoops.

    Just goes to show how strong the P31 is.
    ohh, its the tune! scoops lol really? 3 hp?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,690
    Rep Points
    31,530.7
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    ohh, its the tune! scoops lol really? 3 hp?
    Scoops I always felt were a great mod especially when running from a roll. Every HP counts...

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,170
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Also just to add info, I believe on the slower starting races drew was in 1st and myself in 2nd. I tried starting in 3rd one time from around 40 but its just too slow.of a speed for 3rd, so he took off and I caught back up.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Strong car. Drews car fully bolted would be nice to see again.

    BG

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Races looked closer from drews camera........his car with FBO should put up a good fight

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Also just to add info, I believe on the slower starting races drew was in 1st and myself in 2nd. I tried starting in 3rd one time from around 40 but its just too slow.of a speed for 3rd, so he took off and I caught back up.
    That is true, when possible I started the the most optimal gear I could, I doubt we both ever started in the same gear, except when we went from a dig.

    FWIW I do have scoops, lol.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,690
    Rep Points
    31,530.7
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    FWIW I do have scoops, lol.
    That was left out Click here to enlarge

    They make a difference.

    You should have just asked Jeremy for a canned flash tune just to try for the runs, I'm sure he would have obliged.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That was left out Click here to enlarge

    They make a difference.

    You should have just asked Jeremy for a canned flash tune just to try for the runs, I'm sure he would have obliged.
    You're right I should have included that, it's been so long it slipped my mind! Click here to enlarge
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Points
    75.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice runs, good to see your car running again Drew.

    I ran a stock C63 with MHP tune this weekend and an M5 in my VF Stg.2. I was amazed how awesome the C63 sounds at WOT!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpoweroo1 Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs, good to see your car running again Drew.

    I ran a stock C63 with MHP tune this weekend and an M5 in my VF Stg.2. I was amazed how awesome the C63 sounds at WOT!
    Thanks man, so what were the results for you?
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Points
    75.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man, so what were the results for you?
    I pulled the M5 pretty hard and against the C63 I put about a car to a car and a half everytime. They both could not believe how fast my car is. I am really pleased at how my car is running with the Stg. 2.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpoweroo1 Click here to enlarge
    I pulled the M5 pretty hard and against the C63 I put about a car to a car and a half everytime. They both could not believe how fast my car is. I am really pleased at how my car is running with the Stg. 2.
    Good stuff Brotha.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Points
    75.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff Brotha.
    Thanks man, I was also surprised as we went from 60mph everytime and the top end on both of those cars is really where they shine.

    I know once the C63 gets his full exhaust and tune to match, it is game over for me!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    336
    Rep Points
    345.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I've seen it in person where the C63 bone stock runs a fully bolted up E92 M3 and the C63 was dead even or was half a length ahead. If the race started at 30mph or under, the C63 would slightly pull ahead and keep the lead.

    Good vids, thanks for sharing!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I've seen it in person where the C63 bone stock runs a fully bolted up E92 M3 and the C63 was dead even or was half a length ahead. If the race started at 30mph or under, the C63 would slightly pull ahead and keep the lead.

    Good vids, thanks for sharing!
    Was the M3 a 6MT? Because that makes a WORLD of a difference...

    When I was stock (E92 M3 DCT) I was dead even with a stock 2010 C63 up until 130.... race looked like this, with me pulling into the lead at times and then he would put his nose out at times as well (this isnt my car):




    Then when I went fully bolted (gintani full catless exhaust, ms air filter, rpi scoops, ms underdrive pulleys, etc...) I pull hard on stock c63's, and figure my car with a ligh-weight wheel set-up should be a good match for a tuned C63.....
    ....I've always wondered why alot of M3's differ in their experiences with C63's..when stock for stock a DCT should be about even with the AMG

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,924
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Impressive how fast the M3 DCT's can be with full bolt ons. No sense in getting a MT.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^Yeah alot of people underestimate the DCT S65 because of their experiences with a 6MT, the tranny really is a lifesaver

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -231.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Impressive how fast the M3 DCT's can be with full bolt ons. No sense in getting a MT.
    Three pedals > two pedals
    it's better cuz it has one more pedal Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    336
    Rep Points
    345.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Was the M3 a 6MT? Because that makes a WORLD of a difference...

    When I was stock (E92 M3 DCT) I was dead even with a stock 2010 C63 up until 130.... race looked like this, with me pulling into the lead at times and then he would put his nose out at times as well (this isnt my car):




    Then when I went fully bolted (gintani full catless exhaust, ms air filter, rpi scoops, ms underdrive pulleys, etc...) I pull hard on stock c63's, and figure my car with a ligh-weight wheel set-up should be a good match for a tuned C63.....
    ....I've always wondered why alot of M3's differ in their experiences with C63's..when stock for stock a DCT should be about even with the AMG
    I am pretty sure it was stick, though not 100% sure. In fact the M3 looked just like your car in the avatar. This race was against a black stock C63 in Yonk...I mean Mexico...you?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    yeah my car is a DCT so it couldnt have been me.......in yonkers? nope i ran one out in captree, he was a friend of mine..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •