Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    The Stage 1 does work, and I do use it, but Terry Stated that Stage 2 will be unavailable for the X5/X6/535 with the N55... Due to programming differences in these platforms compared to the 135/335's... Shiv told me the same thing, hence the procede not working on those platforms as well... So this is why I state that either I stick with the Stage 1 tune, or pursue a Flash....

Now I' know they say, "Don't Stack Tunes" but I wonder if it's possible to get a flash from say PAW or other flasher, and utilize the stage 1 JB3 on top of that with no ill affect 'short term'. 'Long term' I know there are risks, ie burning the turbo out faster, etc... I wouldn't advocate running at 5+ psi with a flash already present, maybe 2+ or 3+..

I guess I'm stretching things in my quest for more power... Without a fuel upgrade or turbo, i'm grasping at straws, more or less...
    I think the Stage 1 with a little custom tweaks should be just fine. If Terry can figure out an 02 fix for the N55s then we can be all set, I could run a catless DP and really make it boogey. I could probably have Charlie weld something up for you in house, but it would take a little bit of time and require the truck for at least a day. Is there any word from AR Design about one yet?

Dont forget the intercooler upgrade..that should make the biggest difference in your truck, as would be switching to non-RFT tires..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

So this is why I state that either I stick with the Stage 1 tune, or pursue a Flash....
    There is some new flash programming from OE Tuning you may want to look into and PAW Motorsport as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I think the Stage 1 with a little custom tweaks should be just fine. If Terry can figure out an 02 fix for the N55s then we can be all set, I could run a catless DP and really make it boogey. I could probably have Charlie weld something up for you in house, but it would take a little bit of time and require the truck for at least a day. Is there any word from AR Design about one yet?

Dont forget the intercooler upgrade..that should make the biggest difference in your truck, as would be switching to non-RFT tires..
    -Last thing I heard from Terry was there are two options for DP Fix. Upgrade to Stage 2 (which isn't on the menu for me) or Get a CT and run it in full time mode.
    -I haven't heard anything new from AR, unless you have... Last I heard was 'ship us your truck' That's not an option for me, atleast with my busy schedule.
    -I haven't forgotten about the IC upgrade, but non-RFT's, not sure about that, don't really have a place to store Rims and Tires to swap out during off/on seasons.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is some new flash programming from OE Tuning you may want to look into and PAW Motorsport as well.
    -I've made inquiries to OE tuning, but seems like they ignore emails, and I never seem to reach anyone by phone... PAW is an option, and I know Helix is an authorized flasher for them, that seems like the most local choice if I decide to go that route...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    N55 335 OEM Down Pipe (left) & N55 X5 OEM Down Pipe (right)

Matt, Just glancing at the images alone tells me that there is no need for the flange's that you would traditionally need on the 335. Looks to me like the DP on the X is just clamped on, no flanges or bolts, unlike the 335. Now when I look at the AR 4" I think that you could easily convert that into a single out pipe instead of the divorced setup that the 335 utilizes:
    Click here to enlarge

Seems like it would be fairly easy... I could be wrong though. We know the X has a single 3" pipe from the DP back, pretty sure the DP is 3". I know you would have to take measurements and the such, but seems fairly simple, or am I just simplifying things way to much?
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I could figure something out if needed. Charlie is a great welder, and Im sure I could get the flange and bungs from AR design and come up with something one-off.

We seem to specialize in a lot of this 'one-off' type stuff...maybe I need to charge more for it and make a name of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I've made inquiries to OE tuning, but seems like they ignore emails, and I never seem to reach anyone by phone
    Did you try PM'ing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I could figure something out if needed. Charlie is a great welder, and Im sure I could get the flange and bungs from AR design and come up with something one-off.

We seem to specialize in a lot of this 'one-off' type stuff...maybe I need to charge more for it and make a name of it.
    You already have a name... Boopie

Boopie Motorwerks, We specialize in your 'Special' Automotive Projects...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did you try PM'ing?
    The simplest thing is the one thing I didn't try...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I deal with OE Tuning, I can email Jeremy if needed..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I think I will hold off on the software portion... Want to take care of the FMIC and DP situation first... Hopefully the FMIC first, then the DP second, and the flash last. NO meth or NOS for the X, not going there... And if a good turbo solution comes up, that will wait till either warranty is us, or the original fails... whichever is first...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

16 psi sustained or peak/spike? If it's spike, it's very safe in stock trim running on 98ron.

Hello all,
    I'm new to this forum. I drive the f13 n55.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO Click here to enlarge
    I'm new to this forum. I drive the f13 n55.
    Not sure if I already said it but welcome.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi i am new at this forum ,but made some interesting 135mt n55 on gtx3076r

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry that don't make a lot of photosClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TonyS4 Click here to enlarge
    sorry that don't make a lot of photosClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Interesting.... welcome.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123