Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If there was no drama or naked chick pic this for probably wouldv died long ago. All the good info turns to trash. Lol. Change the forum name to THUNDERDOME!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    If there was no drama or naked chick pic this for probably wouldv died long ago. All the good info turns to trash. Lol. Change the forum name to THUNDERDOME!!!
    This is $#@! dragged in here by the typical haters, no one cares or wants it here.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    enough is enough...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    insane honestly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to address some of the questions brought up in this thread -

1. Drew's motor blew when using a Gintani supercharger exactly as it was designed

If I'm going to ask others to stop speculating about the cause of my motor failure, until the motor is torn down, then I need to try and follow suit, so I stopped speculating on the forums about the possible cause because the motor needs to be opened up, pictures posted and parts analyzed, before any of us can know for sure. To date it has not been done yet, I'm not happy about it, as they have had ample time to tear it down and eventually post pictures as they stated to me they would. I'm afraid to give any sort of timeline on the tear down now until I see it opened up myself.

2. Gintani told Drew that 9-10 PSI was safe, and he believed them

True, but with the proper octane level, I thought it would be safe as well, so did others who were running the exact same setup. Besides the intake and Supercharger Oil issue, the car ran great at that psi for 10K+miles, was very fast and I really enjoyed the car. The other failures that took place on two other S65 supercharger brands, from what I have read, occurred with far less miles on them than mine. The AA failure appears to be very similar to my situation where a rod went through the oil pan / block, except that car blew up shortly after the kit was installed, therefore it's difficult to believe the failure on my motor took place because it was poorly tuned, as it ran great for 10K+ miles before it blew, the other cars did not clock this many miles at 9psi, before they went.

3. Gintani took 7 months to fix Drew's car

True, to be fair 3 months of that was do to a mistake made by the shipping company in Europe, they really botched the shipment. Regardless it took to long and things could have been handled differently. Waiting 7 months to drive a car I paid 62K for, and having to lease another car to get around in is not ideal for anyone, all in all I made 7K in payments for a car I couldn't drive/enjoy and another 2k over that period to lease a car to get to work. I am grateful that to date Gintani has done all the labor for free and so far have paid for half of the used motor, eventually I hope to get the other half.

Many of you feel they did what they were supposed to do that it was all on them, I understand your points and agree that they are responsible, but others view it in another way. Many of my friends have been in similar situations and received no help at all. Seeing, reading and hearing about what others have gone through in the car modding world, even by well respected tuners / companies, I will say Gintani did more than many would do and for that I am very thankful, it is not an easy task to install this motor, nor are they cheap, even used.

4. Gintani created a poorly designed meth system made out of aluminum without a liner, and the meth ate at it, clogged it, and the meth injection failed (re: Gintani incompitence).

Yes the aluminum tank did not have a liner and it should have, that is why my meth failed, no question about it. Their tank is actually very well made as is the hardware on the kit, they just didn't put a liner in it, and their answer was other cars run the same tank with no issues.

Gintani did not design the actual Meth system, Snow Performance did, which I have used on two prior cars with no issues. The SP Meth kit is a very good system, as is the "Boost Juice" they sell, which is their own 50/50 mixture of Water and Meth. FWIW I received Emails from AEM and Snow Performance stating that aluminum tanks with no liner are a no no, and their description of what would happen if you did use a aluminum tank was exactly what we found in terms of mine failing and it may have been a factor in the motor eventually throwing a rod. I replaced the aluminum tank with the plastic SP tank and it never clogged again, but by then the damage may have already been done.

5. Gintani gave Drew the fake story of a known BMW problem with rod bearing failure

A few cars have had Rod Bearing issues that I've seen posted, one gentlemen even stated in my thread that his bonestock car had a rod bearing issue, but as far as several other cars having this issue? I'm not convinced, I have seen no proof that this is a major or know problem on the S65, it seems there has been some reported issues with crank bearings and as others have pointed out, this is certainly not on a level like the S54 bearing issues.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And there you have it ^
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    If I'm going to ask others to stop speculating about the cause of my motor failure, until the motor is torn down, then I need to try and follow suit, so I stopped speculating on the forums about the possible cause because the motor needs to be opened up, pictures posted and parts analyzed, before any of us can know for sure. To date it has not been done yet, I'm not happy about it, as they have had ample time to tear it down and eventually post pictures as they stated to me they would. I'm afraid to give any sort of timeline on the tear down now until I see it opened up myself.
    Yep, no point in speculating until it is torn down and analyzed. I would have liked for this to already happen as you would have but it is what it is. The main priority is getting the car up and running so you can drive it, the teardown being secondary. I believe it is the in the best interest of Gintani to show everyone the internals of the motor with high resolution pictures to prove they have nothing to hide. This is their business but that is what I would like to see and I believe that would build confidence in the brand who in my opinion needs a stronger online marketing presence.

True, but with the proper octane level, I thought it would be safe as well, so did others who were running the exact same setup. Besides the intake and Supercharger Oil issue, the car ran great at that psi for 10K+miles, was very fast and I really enjoyed the car. The other failures that took place on two other S65 supercharger brands, from what I have read, occurred with far less miles on them than mine. The AA failure appears to be very similar to my situation where a rod went through the oil pan / block, except that car blew up shortly after the kit was installed, therefore it's difficult to believe the failure on my motor took place because it was poorly tuned, as it ran great for 10K+ miles before it blew, the other cars did not clock this many miles at 9psi, before they went.
    Brian ran over 9 psi without meth, motor held together. I think the boost is safe, I believe meth failure played a part as after that issue is when the motor essentially became a ticking time bomb. Just speculation, but speculation I believe you will agree with.

The AA failure looked very similar to your issue, as in, a rod bearing failure.

Many of you feel they did what they were supposed to do that it was all on them, I understand your points and agree that they are responsible, but others view it in another way. Many of my friends have been in similar situations and received no help at all. Seeing, reading and hearing about what others have gone through in the car modding world, even by well respected tuners / companies, I will say Gintani did more than many would do and for that I am very thankful, it is not an easy task to install this motor, nor are they cheap, even used.
    Well said, and still no clarification on how the AA motor was handled.

Yes the aluminum tank did not have a liner and it should have, that is why my meth failed, no question about it. Their tank is actually very well made as is the hardware on the kit, they just didn't put a liner in it, and their answer was other cars run the same tank with no issues.

Gintani did not design the actual Meth system, Snow Performance did, which I have used on two prior cars with no issues. The SP Meth kit is a very good system, as is the "Boost Juice" they sell, which is their own 50/50 mixture of Water and Meth. FWIW I received Emails from AEM and Snow Performance stating that aluminum tanks with no liner are a no no, and their description of what would happen if you did use a aluminum tank was exactly what we found in terms of mine failing and it may have been a factor in the motor eventually throwing a rod. I replaced the aluminum tank with the plastic SP tank and it never clogged again, but by then the damage may have already been done.
    I will no longer be running the aluminum tank, period. I want either a liner in it or I want a plastic tank. I believe there was more than one car which clogged and the lesson here is learned.

As stated, the meth system is Snow's which is regarded as one of the top meth systems available.

It is my belief the meth failing played a larger factor in your motor going than the high boost. For the record, my motor on disassembly looked great but again pictures were not taken or posted by Gintani of my motor which I am disappointed in. Documentation of this nature is necessary especially of other cars they have done which would eliminate any speculation. My style is to meet these issues head on with great evidence but again, this is not my business. I do have their best interest at heart and would have been more than willing to assist with this as I think we would all prefer supported facts over pointless flaming from people who have no experience with the product.

A few cars have had Rod Bearing issues that I've seen posted, one gentlemen even stated in my thread that his bonestock car had a rod bearing issue, but as far as several other cars having this issue? I'm not convinced, I have seen no proof that this is a major or know problem on the S65, it seems there has been some reported issues with crank bearings and as others have pointed out, this is certainly not on a level like the S54 bearing issues.
    Stock cars have had rod bearing issues, there have been different part numbers, this is all well documented. It is not to the level of the S54 issue.

S65's have also had issues with the valve springs, this is nothing like on the scale of the S54 bearing issue though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Stock cars have had rod bearing issues, there have been different part numbers, this is all well documented. It is not to the level of the S54 issue.
    are you sure about that ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    are you sure about that ?
    Believe the part numbers were posted in the other thread, you can verify on real oem if you like.

Yes, I am sure stock cars have had this problem as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Believe the part numbers were posted in the other thread, you can verify on real oem if you like.

Yes, I am sure stock cars have had this problem as well.
    it includes 2010 models or just 2008 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    it includes 2010 models or just 2008 ?
    Early 2008-2009 I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Early 2008-2009 I believe.
    Thanks man Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So some of the stuff posted by pencilgeek is true then..
    ..by the way, I thought Drew blew his motor recently? Or did he just post about it recently and had the actual motor fail a while back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the rob bearings were changed i think after 10/08 for 09 build. could be wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can we change his name to pencil neck? or pencil dick? And any nudes of his daughter ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    Can we change his name to pencil neck? or pencil dick? And any nudes of his daughter ?
    lol i like the second name. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    the rob bearings were changed i think after 10/08 for 09 build. could be wrong.
    BMW has not changed the Rod Bearings, the part # changed on the Main Bearings, that is all.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    So some of the stuff posted by pencilgeek is true then..
    ..by the way, I thought Drew blew his motor recently? Or did he just post about it recently and had the actual motor fail a while back?
    Sure some stuff is true, but then it is so muddied with other lies thrown in for good measure to try to put people down that the good points became useless as he does nothing but spew hate.

The motor failed a while back, he has been waiting to properly document it and such but finally just came out and explained the situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BMW has not changed the Rod Bearings, the part # changed on the Main Bearings, that is all.
    Yes that is right, main bearings.

Would also like to confirm if the valve springs changed. Point is this motor certainly wasn't perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh sorry for the miss info ....thanks for the clear up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There were no needles left behind in the Prius

Found PG/Robert's missing car!! It was not difficult as it is still sitting in the same place with nothing missing from his car.

I speak to Robert often, maybe too often Click here to enlarge

RD Sport is doing fine, they are moving into their new 9500 sq ft facility

To have to get phone calls about absurd things that people say is a waste of my time. Watch some soaps so you don't involve innocent people. I'm concerned the people reading this think it might be true.

Should re-name this site BimmerEnquirer

If anyone wants the truth, call the shop. If I'm on the phone, please leave a message & I will get back to you. The people that do business with me know I'm a straight forward individual, call it as I see it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by speedplay Click here to enlarge
    There were no needles left behind in the Prius

Found PG/Robert's missing car!! It was not difficult as it is still sitting in the same place with nothing missing from his car.

I speak to Robert often, maybe too often Click here to enlarge

RD Sport is doing fine, they are moving into their new 9500 sq ft facility

To have to get phone calls about absurd things that people say is a waste of my time. Watch some soaps so you don't involve innocent people. I'm concerned the people reading this think it might be true.

Should re-name this site BimmerEnquirer

If anyone wants the truth, call the shop. If I'm on the phone, please leave a message & I will get back to you. The people that do business with me know I'm a straight forward individual, call it as I see it.
    You're a liar, there were max dose lithium prescriptions in the car. What is Lithium for? To treat bi-polar disorder.

Give me Zolti's number, let's see how see how confident you really are.

Maybe you should start paying your employees...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From a source close to AutoTalent/Zolti:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anonymous
    well autotalents done

samirs mom is stopping paying rent, sam the snake is out of money and in trouble

the build (stroker) wasnt paid for so RD sport closed its doors, frederico is now running RD out of his house as a result.

sam doesnt plan on paying on it. PG's car got dipped into and now everyone has alienated him - RD, ess, and autotalent refuse to work on it.

pg sold his prius (some weird shady deal with sam, maybe in exchange for the build) and they fond perscription lithum in the car, the heaviest wacko doses ever. Apparently hes some sort of Ex addict which he confessed to sam and others and supposedly his daughter takes it too. not sure what other details you know about that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You're a liar, there were max dose lithium prescriptions in the car. What is Lithium for? To treat bi-polar disorder.

Give me Zolti's number, let's see how see how confident you really are. It is true you owe him a lot of money and it is true he stopped working on the car. Where it is now who knows.

Maybe you should start paying your employees...
    Lithium is not a needle.

Since you are resourceful, get his number from Alex. I'm not going to post his number on a public forum. Ask him yourself.

He comes in to work every weekday with the exception of sick days.

Maybe you should NOT believe everything you hear. Since you are so curious, would you like to know what we are going to eat for lunch? You might get that mixed up as well.

From a source close to AutoTalent/Zolti:

well autotalents done

samirs mom is stopping paying rent, sam the snake is out of money and in trouble

the build (stroker) wasnt paid for so RD sport closed its doors, frederico is now running RD out of his house as a result.

sam doesnt plan on paying on it. PG's car got dipped into and now everyone has alienated him - RD, ess, and autotalent refuse to work on it.

pg sold his prius (some weird shady deal with sam, maybe in exchange for the build) and they fond perscription lithum in the car, the heaviest wacko doses ever. Apparently hes some sort of Ex addict which he confessed to sam and others and supposedly his daughter takes it too. not sure what other details you know about that
    You need to find your own life, when you tell that story...it probably won't be true either.

PG bought a brand new Prius. How do you explain that?

Not responding anymore. Bye

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lithium is not a needle.
    Thank you for confirming the Lithium, well done.

Since you are resourceful, get his number from Alex. I'm not going to post his number on a public forum. Ask him yourself.
    I would edit it out once I wrote it down but that is fine, if you won't provide me with it since I will just confirm what is posted here I'll get it on my own.

He comes in to work every weekday with the exception of sick days.

Maybe you should NOT believe everything you hear. Since you are so curious, would you like to know what we are going to eat for lunch? You might get that mixed up as well.

This is very specific, so please focus. Is it true you owe him a large amount of money and that work has stopped on Robert's car as a result? Is it true you sold off parts to pay your debt? Is it true you owe RDsport money for a stroker?

You need to find your own life, when you tell that story...it probably won't be true either.

PG bought a brand new Prius. How do you explain that?

Not responding anymore. Bye
    That isn't from me, hence why it is quoted. Noticed you aren't refuting anything?

I don't know if he bought a brand new Prius and it doesn't matter. What does matter is that something shady took place and in a hurry you got his old car in which he didn't even bother to clean out prescription meds from it. I could care less whatever mental issues Robert has, but he should really stop pointing fingers at others when he doesn't even have his own life straight. I'm going to try to get those pics of the "F*CK YOU" sent to me that were carved into the side.

Don't care if you do respond or you don't, spend less time on forums and more time paying your employees the money you owe them for the work they have done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast