Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The best thing BMW Efficient Dynamics has ever brought us

This coffee mug:

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

a good storage for Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

yo i bet with a tune that mug will run 11s at 123
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    yo i bet with a tune that mug will run 11s at 123
    With 0 emissions.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look at gas prices. Some are predicting gas in NYC may rise to $5.00 or more by summers end. BMW Ef Da may turn out to be the biggest thing in in this recent green car serge. When people are going broke just trying to keep gas in their cars they will be looking at cars like these. I alreadu know some people who for other reasons do not drive there cars and said they save so much more money by not having to fill up every week. $#@! right now im 4 hours from home and used to fill my 318ti with $36 a few months ago. Yesterday, it took a full $50 and could have taken more. I also now use 93 octane in the car so that is more money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That thing is cool! Does the water have to be cold like the Coors light cans with blue mountains? I used to have a cup like this and there was hot chick on the front when you pour hot liquid in though her bikini disappears like magic!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    Look at gas prices. Some are predicting gas in NYC may rise to $5.00 or more by summers end. BMW Ef Da may turn out to be the biggest thing in in this recent green car serge. When people are going broke just trying to keep gas in their cars they will be looking at cars like these. I alreadu know some people who for other reasons do not drive there cars and said they save so much more money by not having to fill up every week. $#@! right now im 4 hours from home and used to fill my 318ti with $36 a few months ago. Yesterday, it took a full $50 and could have taken more. I also now use 93 octane in the car so that is more money.
    I understand your point but BMW's are supposed to be the ultimate driving machines, not the ultimate MPG machines. Leave commuter cars to Toyota, BMW is a premium brand offering a premium driving experience and that costs money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I understand your point but BMW's are supposed to be the ultimate driving machines, not the ultimate MPG machines. Leave commuter cars to Toyota, BMW is a premium brand offering a premium driving experience and that costs money.
    At the same time fuel efficiency is the route all car companies are and must go down. People dont believe Benz own the Smart car. Porsche are Bentley are top premium brands and are developing fuel efficient cars. Look at what happen to the U.S. auto market. When the Europeans were developing smaller, more efficient motors with higher quality parts and finer fit & finish in a more complete, refined car, the U.S. auto makers were left behind in the muscle car era with huge heavy engines in boats that were only good in a straight line, went bankrupt twice and are still playing catchup. This is the same scenario. All auto makers must take this road if they want to be around in the future, including sports car brands. Its inevitable.

I dont have a problem with the I brand idea. I would rather BMW go all out developing and leading with the I brand rather than them re-badge and dilute their current line up. What i think needs to happen with the I brand is to remove the BMW roundel for a specific I brand emblem and have the cars look like what they are suppose to be witch is the future of cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

At the same time fuel efficiency is the route all car companies are and must go down.
    They don't all have to go down that route, it is just what they have conditioned us to think. So now BMW can get away with putting the same motor in every car, lower costs, keep the prices high, and hide under the green excuse for everything.

Porsche are Bentley are top premium brands and are developing fuel efficient cars.
    Bentley has a $300k+ 6.8 liter twin turbo V8. How fuel efficient and economical is that exactly?

When the Europeans were developing smaller, more efficient motors with higher quality parts and finer fit & finish in a more complete, refined car, the U.S. auto makers were left behind in the muscle car era with huge heavy engines in boats that were only good in a straight line, went bankrupt twice and are still playing catchup.
    The Americans tried producing economical cars, they sucked at it and still do. They are not Honda and Toyota and never will be. They need to make better products to survive, not just imitate.

I dont have a problem with the I brand idea. I would rather BMW go all out developing and leading with the I brand rather than them re-badge and dilute their current line up. What i think needs to happen with the I brand is to remove the BMW roundel for a specific I brand emblem and have the cars look like what they are suppose to be witch is the future of cars.
    I don't have an issue with the "I" brand as long as it doesn't hurt the rest of the lineup. However, front wheel drive cars kind of take away from the BMW image, don't you think? They already have diluted the current lineup. Please explain to me how a 5300 pound twin turbo 550 horsepower SUV is efficient or dynamic?

I definitely prefer for them to move this economical junk to a different brand but BMW isn't about being Toyota or Honda. This is a luxury car maker whose cars are supposed to be the ultimate driving machines not ultimate green machines, remember?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They don't all have to go down that route, it is just what they have conditioned us to think. So now BMW can get away with putting the same motor in every car, lower costs, keep the prices high, and hide under the green excuse for everything.
    If governments keep pushing for greener cars they will. I think current times have caused us to think this way. I do agree with the second half of your statement in some ways but in reality it has always been that way. The 3 & 5 series sharing the lower displacement engines and the 5 & 7 sharing the higher displacement engines. The M's sharing the same engine designs with the m3 getting less cylinders and displacement. Really nothing has changed except BMW has a larger line of cars now sharing the same engines. I have seen you mention BMW using green and turbo tech as an excuse to no longer build high efficiency
    Bentley has a $300k+ 6.8 liter twin turbo V8. How fuel efficient and economical is that exactly?
    motors and that i totally agree with.But hey are developing green/hybrid cars
    The Americans tried producing economical cars, they sucked at it and still do. They are not Honda and Toyota and never will be. They need to make better products to survive, not just imitate.
    They have gotten alot better but whether they sucked or not wasnt the point. The point was that cars were evolving and they were left behind. We seen the consequences of that.
    I don't have an issue with the "I" brand as long as it doesn't hurt the rest of the lineup. However, front wheel drive cars kind of take away from the BMW image, don't you think? They already have diluted the current lineup. Please explain to me how a 5300 pound twin turbo 550 horsepower SUV is efficient or dynamic? I definitely prefer for them to move this economical junk to a different brand but BMW isn't about being Toyota or Honda. This is a luxury car maker whose cars are supposed to be the ultimate driving machines not ultimate green machines, remember?
    I do agree that it all takes away from the BMW image and that is why i said brand the I brand separately and give it its own emblem. I dont believe the SUV M's were for a green promotions. I believe they were to promote/ justify BMW's use of turbo engines in their future M cars. There were a lot of nay sayers about this and the SUV M's i believe have made believers out of a lot of people. Now people are awaiting with eager to see what BMW can do with a turbo M car because the M trucks are amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

If governments keep pushing for greener cars they will. I think current times have caused us to think this way. I do agree with the second half of your statement in some ways but in reality it has always been that way. The 3 & 5 series sharing the lower displacement engines and the 5 & 7 sharing the higher displacement engines. The M's sharing the same engine designs with the m3 getting less cylinders and displacement. Really nothing has changed except BMW has a larger line of cars now sharing the same engines. I have seen you mention BMW using green and turbo tech as an excuse to no longer build high efficiency
    Why have Porsche and Ferrari been able to maintain their core values while adding green technology?

I disagree, a lot has changed. Never before was a base model engine suddenly good enough to be an M motor. The N54 wasn't M caliber when it launched, but now it is? Please.

motors and that i totally agree with.But hey are developing green/hybrid cars
    They are developing "greener" cars but still have giant gas guzzling tanks.

They have gotten alot better but whether they sucked or not wasnt the point. The point was that cars were evolving and they were left behind. We seen the consequences of that.
    True, but my point is they should innovate not imitate.

I do agree that it all takes away from the BMW image and that is why i said brand the I brand separately and give it its own emblem. I dont believe the SUV M's were for a green promotions. I believe they were to promote/ justify BMW's use of turbo engines in their future M cars. There were a lot of nay sayers about this and the SUV M's i believe have made believers out of a lot of people. Now people are awaiting with eager to see what BMW can do with a turbo M car because the M trucks are amazing.
    It's just funny for a company to talk about being green when they have twin turbo behemoth SUV's with over 500 hp's that are as far away from efficient as you can get. I love the M suv's, so don't get me wrong, I just think they are the best example of BMW's hypocrisy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why have Porsche and Ferrari been able to maintain their core values while adding green technology? I disagree, a lot has changed. Never before was a base model engine suddenly good enough to be an M motor. The N54 wasn't M caliber when it launched, but now it is? Please.
    Ferrari not so much but Porsche have deviated from there core values. Porsche has the Cayene and now the Panamera. They werent really part of the Porsche philosophy. We all know the US s50 is a modded m50. Some dont call it a real M3 but technically it is and it has for the most part been excepted as one.
    They are developing "greener" cars but still have giant gas guzzling tanks.
    It is still down the same path of greener cars. Not as green as most but still the same path.
    It's just funny for a company to talk about being green when they have twin turbo behemoth SUV's with over 500 hp's that are as far away from efficient as you can get. I love the M suv's, so don't get me wrong, I just think they are the best example of BMW's hypocrisy.
    I cant argue with that. I think the key to making it work is separate branding. No BMW badge, reworked BMW engines or chassis, and make it revolutionary.

I agree they are turning into a numbers car brand rather than continuing their excellence in car dynamics and have tarnished the name with pumping out new segments every year with few differences. But i feel the I-brand is necessary. Most of all i hope with introduction I-brand BMW can get back to building cars that us non-green enthusiast can appreciate. But time will tell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Ferrari not so much but Porsche have deviated from there core values. Porsche has the Cayene and now the Panamera. They werent really part of the Porsche philosophy. We all know the US s50 is a modded m50. Some dont call it a real M3 but technically it is and it has for the most part been excepted as one.
    The 458 is still a naturally aspirated beast that revs sky high. The FF is a radical departure but not exactly and eco friendly one that has ramifications on the entire lineup.

The US E36 was a black eye for BMW for a while IMO. They cut corners... it was a shame. They fixed that with the E46 M3 though but the E36 was still a modified M50. They didn't go so far as to stick the M50 without some serious changes in it like they did with the N54 into the 1M.

Porsche is expanding its lineup so it can continue to build its hardcore sports cars. They didn't axe the GT3 to make the Cayenne the way BMW axed the CSL to make the M suv's. Plus, Porsche offers multiple NA motors and forced induction options in their 911. They give you the choice with many options. BMW has forced their decision on us with a sacrifice.

It is still down the same path of greener cars. Not as green as most but still the same path.
    Greener? Ok, so 11 mpg vs. 9.

I agree they are turning into a numbers car brand rather than continuing their excellence in car dynamics and have tarnished the name with pumping out new segments every year with few differences. But i feel the I-brand is necessary. Most of all i hope with introduction I-brand BMW can get back to building cars that us non-green enthusiast can appreciate. But time will tell
    Exactly, they are turning into a bunch of whores who just want the most sales possible. They have lost their core values and now don't even seem to know what direction they are taking. Let's see how it works out.