Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    is there something wrong with the fabspeed x-pipe with resonators design? what x-pipe would you recommend?
    Nothing wrong with it. Switching x-pipes isn't going to get you the gains you are looking for.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nothing wrong with it. Switching x-pipes isn't going to get you the gains you are looking for.
    ok thanks just wanted to make sure i didnt miss anything, we will see what she puts down on a dyno flow in a week or so before the sc.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Cheap Chinese cats and a generic z design has been shown to loose 10whp

    BG

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    i deff made power or felt i made power with fabspeed cats, they say their german.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    what x-pipe do you recommend?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Gintani catless

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Gintani or rpi have the best design for power.

    BG

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Cheap Chinese cats and a generic z design has been shown to loose 10whp

    BG
    Haven't heard any complaints about the Fabspeed part and their exhausts are quality pieces. I think he is better off looking for power with scoops and a tune than trying to find horses in an x-pipe when he already has a good piece.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Is he catless? If not, hes not getting everything out of the exhaust as he could be - cats are definetly choking up some power

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Is he catless? If not, hes not getting everything out of the exhaust as he could be - cats are definetly choking up some power
    I think they are 200 cell cats right? Yep, a little power but not all that much.

    Regardless, no point messing around with any of this stuff as he is getting an SC I believe.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Not all 200 cells are created equal. There's a big difference between 200 cells ots magnaflows and hjs. I've dealt with 300 cells that flowed like a catless pipe. Design and position of the x plays an important role in power.

    BG

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Not all 200 cells are created equal. There's a big difference between 200 cells ots magnaflows and hjs. I've dealt with 300 cells that flowed like a catless pipe. Design and position of the x plays an important role in power.

    BG
    It does but we are talking a few whp at best. All cats are not equal, true, but I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe Fabspeeds are inadequate.

    Would it be worth it for him to get a different X-pipe considering he already has this one? I don't think so, better to save your money and get some scoops and put anything else toward the SC, right?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Better not mod a car at all if you are wanting to save money LOL. Wrong hobby.

    I've seen 10whp and more between different x pipes on stock dme. Maybe not worth switching but worth buying right the first time.

    BG

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Maybe not worth switching but worth buying right the first time.
    Yes, definitely do your research the first time around.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    i do have ms scoops i forgot to put them up on my mods ....i am not cat less, 200 cell cats they seem all right and look good. i might look at different options once i sc and sell my fabspeed ones.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Im willing to bet this is a properly reading Dyno actually.

    I think the major issue here is that he is pretty muched F*CKED by the $#@!ty Powerchips tune he has in it.. ive driven his car before the tune and it felt faster than it does now. ive told him from day one, i think that tue is actually robbing him of power, not adding it. Id be willing to bet, and if possible, that he would dyno higher on stock tune, than what he currently has. ($#@!ty Powerchips tune)

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Check out the new thread on e90post. Typical antics.

    BG

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Check out the new thread on e90post. Typical antics.

    BG
    got a link? im not seeing anything related to AKH23456 or PC in any titles

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol i dunno how i got involved into that thread but whatever man...the PG loves making things up...i would like to know why hes making stuff up about the dyno operator because every dyno i have done i think LM has been there, except one done when exhaust was put on. I am just trying to have a fast car that is reliable and share my thoughts on my mods so people can pick the right mods suited for them. Sucks that some people just have their own agenda against certain companies.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    lol i dunno how i got involved into that thread but whatever man...the PG loves making things up...i would like to know why hes making stuff up about the dyno operator because every dyno i have done i think LM has been there, except one done when exhaust was put on. I am just trying to have a fast car that is reliable and share my thoughts on my mods so people can pick the right mods suited for them. Sucks that some people just have their own agenda against certain companies.
    I really wouldn't worry about it. PG isn't someone who should be pointing fingers especially considering how F'd up his situation with his car is. Mr. wanna-be-know-it-all has alienated everyone and can't seem to even figure his own project out ... I'll stop right there Click here to enlarge

    We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about mods which is what this is all about and don't sweat the guy.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I really wouldn't worry about it. PG isn't someone who should be pointing fingers especially considering how F'd up his situation with his car is. Mr. wanna-be-know-it-all has alienated everyone and can't seem to even figure his own project out ... I'll stop right there Click here to enlarge

    We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about mods which is what this is all about and don't sweat the guy.
    +1 lol where is his car?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    +1 lol where is his car?
    Click here to enlarge

    It's quite the funny story but I can't say anything. Let's just say... poetic justice.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    It's quite the funny story but I can't say anything. Let's just say... poetic justice.
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    5.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Thats one theory, we think the tune is hurting more than helping, but its also possible that it reads a bit low (as i was told by dyno owner last summer, but we know they all say that)

    either way, baseline before s/c is done, now on to bigger and better things Click here to enlarge

    P.S. How do the AFR's look on those runs?
    How about we flash him back to stock and he can go back to the dyno and see his power loss?

    Looks like representative #'s to me.

    Let me know.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    How about we flash him back to stock and he can go back to the dyno and see his power loss?

    Looks like representative #'s to me.

    Let me know.

    I done dealing with you guys Mike i have moved on. This is just a baseline for actual gains for my sc kit. I will have another dyno sheet of before dyno soon from another shop. I can always go to the dealer and get it done, thanks for the offer tho Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •