Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so what you guys are saying is that on an ESS kit, that 1 psi is worth 40hp, and .5 psi is worth 15 hp, approximatly..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    ^^wow, very nice numbers as well....

NOT to start a flame war or beat a dead horse, which odds are this unfortunately will, but didnt it take Drew on the Gintani Stage 2+ over 9 pounds of boost to reach these same power levels? Why the difference? (once again, I am NOT implying one kit is more efficient than another, I'm just curious as to why)
    Yes, 9.3psi vs. 7.5psi, Per's car made more than mine with 585whp and 7.5psi, he posted the boost graphs. We really need to post up boost graphs so people don't doubt. I think it's 7.5, but the proper thing to do is show it, I understand in this case that was not possible. I can't tell you why there is a difference between my car and Izzy's, but you could grab and compare other graphs and ask the same questions.

Many doubted 570whp was possible with the VT625 kit on US pump fuel, including myself, with this dyno result my doubts and others were wrong. Having said that, since I put more stock in comparo runs over dyno results, for some it's not important, fair enough but I'd love to see a VT625 take out or run with 550+whp GTR's, an HPF Stage 2.5, an A28 996tt, Ferrari 458, Z06's, etc. Per's car certainly would not have ran with mine, but then again his car was a 6MT. I'm not sure if Mike's car would have made more power than mine, but he did beat me 60-130 with less boost and that tells us something as well.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^very valid points.

I always had this pre-conceived notion that the ESS VT2-625 was not ridiculously powerful. The dyno numbers are very solid, I'd just love to see a couple of comparo videos against 1) Z06, 2) ZR1, 3)Other high HP level cars just to solidify where these dyno numbers makes the car stand.

According to the numbers, the car should be in the area of a ZR1 - but, odds are it would probably get walked by one. I'm lead to believe it sits between a Z06 and a ZR1 speed-wise.....I just wish we had videos!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so this is now a 625 kit yes? which is ESS highest performing kit right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so what you guys are saying is that on an ESS kit, that 1 psi is worth 40hp, and .5 psi is worth 15 hp, approximatly..
    Hey Buddy, are you interested in racing your 5 series??? You can race my daily driver Turbo E36 or one of the ESS Cars like IMG and M33 and let the pavement speak for itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes - LM if your going to run an ESS please run either M33 or IMG because their cars seem to be pretty spot-on power-wise. In regards to that other guy you wanted to run who ran an 11.9, I'm not sure lmao

Anyways, I bet if he cut his primary cats out, ran extremely lightweight wheels, and threw in some race gas it wouldn't be surprising if he just grazed 600whp!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the second guy you called out already on this thread, I LOVE it lol....that E36 must $#@!ing fly......one of my buddies has a green E36 with a single turbo, he drives around with slicks on the back of it LOL, car is ridiculous to say the least

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ICS Performance Click here to enlarge
    Hey Buddy, are you interested in racing your 5 series??? You can race my daily driver Turbo E36 or one of the ESS Cars like IMG and M33 and let the pavement speak for itself.
    hey buddy, whats with your attitude?

A, i dont have a 5 series
    B. yes i would like to run your S65's, legally. so we can see what your kits are actually doing on pavement Click here to enlarge

also, can you please answer the question, this is now a 625 kit yes, ? which is ESS top S65 kit right? or am I wrong?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ICS Performance Click here to enlarge
    This is the second guy you called out already on this thread, I LOVE it lol....that E36 must $#@!ing fly......one of my buddies has a green E36 with a single turbo, he drives around with slicks on the back of it LOL, car is ridiculous to say the least

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM, I feel like the RB N54 and an ESS S65 wouldn't differ too much at the strip in ET.....I feel like from a 40-140 and higher roll is where we'd really see the difference..

Yeah its a 625, which is the highest kit possible for ESS at this point

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nope, mph tells everything, hence some kits run 120 and other run 130. dynos show one thing, the MPH difference will show exacly what the dyno's claim, but prove it..and he is calling me out.. but i will gladly meet him at Atco almost ANYDAY this or next week..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The s65 motor show's its power advantage from 4th gear and up that's where the power is in upper grear and Rpm , personally I think a run from me or izzy will out run Lost marines car in a race as described above ... Down low he will prob take us but ahhhh I wanna see a run like everyone else !!!

George is a cool humble guy he might come of harsh but he's not , he's just has something for you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh, trying to get runs with ESS cars especially the ones who they use to protect their image is incredibly difficult. I know Roman instructs his customers to not run Gintani cars for example. LostMarine has been interested in running a supercharged M3 for some time but I think either of those cars will walk him. He has an upgraded turbo 335 by the way, not 5 series.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    hey buddy, whats with your attitude?

A, i dont have a 5 series
    B. yes i would like to run your S65's, legally. so we can see what your kits are actually doing on pavement Click here to enlarge

also, can you please answer the question, this is now a 625 kit yes, ? which is ESS top S65 kit right? or am I wrong?
    They won't go to the strip, but would be nice to see...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM, I feel like the RB N54 and an ESS S65 wouldn't differ too much at the strip in ET.....I feel like from a 40-140 and higher roll is where we'd really see the difference..

Yeah its a 625, which is the highest kit possible for ESS at this point
    No, you will see a difference in trap speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
    The s65 motor show's its power advantage from 4th gear and up that's where the power is in upper grear and Rpm , personally I think a run from me or izzy will out run Lost marines car in a race as described above ... Down low he will prob take us but ahhhh I wanna see a run like everyone else !!!

George is a cool humble guy he might come of harsh but he's not , he's just has something for you Click here to enlarge
    I like your approach here, but down low I've hung with some cars with much more TQ and traction than me, I think your and Izzy's cars will do just fine down low, it's all about being in the right gear.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

You don't need to go to 4th gear to see the power. I ran about 100 mph through the 1/8... go the strip and see what you got.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We will be runing a lot of the cars ERM mentioned this summer Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We will be runing a lot of the cars ERM mentioned this summer Click here to enlarge
    Maybe we could work it out so you could run mine. Summer sounds perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The car did make (579 SAE) that much power and then backed it up with a 571 WHP. BTW if you are interested in getting a beat down off a roll with my Turbo E36, I only have 2 words 2 say (BRING IT) Nothing like some friendly competition. -) -George Kakaletris
    sure your lighter m3 with what 800whp? turn the boost down to 600whp range and Ill be in your area in june! Or ill glady pimp slap this supercharged E92~ I hope you can be its weight reduction and drive it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to play to your strengths, and running a high torque/less hp 335 from 0-130 is only going to give the 335 the advantage.......though, running from a 50 roll to 150-160 will allow the M3 to shine - I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one Sticky; once the M3 starts stretching its legs in 3rd,4th, and 5th the 335 stands no chance.

But, as drew said, its about being in the right gear in the M3. Its a torqueless monster, you need to be at 5k and up......nonetheless I still feel the M3 would hold its own in ANY gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll post a video for you guys this weekend what 1st 2nd and 3rd gear is like and then u tell me how yOu can run from that pace with so much wheel spin ... Unless you put drags radials on then it's a different story ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe we could work it out so you could run mine. Summer sounds perfect.
    Compare apples to apples , I would stack that KB GT500 up against your M he's now at your power level 800ish whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will gladly run the 600whp s4 from 60 mph to 180 , you game ? Loser pulls his pants down for the camera Click here to enlarge and
    Sticky will post the video on the first page ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have to play to your strengths, and running a high torque/less hp 335 from 0-130 is only going to give the 335 the advantage.......though, running from a 50 roll to 150-160 will allow the M3 to shine - I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one Sticky; once the M3 starts stretching its legs in 3rd,4th, and 5th the 335 stands no chance.

But, as drew said, its about being in the right gear in the M3. Its a torqueless monster, you need to be at 5k and up......nonetheless I still feel the M3 would hold its own in ANY gear.
    Not to steal the incredible results from Izzy's dyno, but here's what I'm talking about when it comes to being the right gear, lol.

08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast