Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Question need help with rotors

hi everybody just wondering if anybody can give me any ideas on what rotors to get for my ride? drilled or slotted or both and how much will it run me? thanks in advance

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Jg7879; 03-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are just interested in rotors, no calipers?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well i know with calipers i wanted its prolly going to cost me more.. right? any ideas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jg7879 Click here to enlarge
    well i know with calipers i wanted its prolly going to cost me more.. right? any ideas?
    Ah, so you are looking for a big brake kit.

Well, it really depends on your budget.

Brembo is popular but over $4k as I recall. Stoptech is another option around $3k but the rotors are slotted.

If you just want larger drilled rotors there may be options. Matt@Camber-Toe would be a good guy to ask, you can PM him here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/member.ph...att-Camber-Toe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks sticky i went ahead and messaged him.. so any suggestions on which online store is reputable to order from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks sticky i went ahead and messaged him.. so any suggestions on which online store is reputable to order from?
    I would order from Matt directly, camber-toe carries all the brakes you would want and will give you a better deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what other mods you suggest? want to start on the exterior part and maybe mess around with the engine later on if i need to.. thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be honest, a good set of pads, rotors and brake lines will do more than enough to haul that car down.

Big brake kits are nice, but for a fraction of the price you could do something like Stoptech pads and slotted rotors, bed them in right and it will give you plenty of g forces upon deceleration, provided that your tires are up to the task.

I just got a set of Stoptech pads for an employee of mine, Sal@Camber-Toe...his 335 was not up to the task of stopping, I was able to fade the stock pads very easily from 130mph...which if driven right is a daily excursion for that car, being full boltons. If I can get them installed this weekend I will let you guys know the results of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of E60 do you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, a good set of pads, rotors and brake lines will do more than enough to haul that car down.
    I think he is not just going for the performance but also the look. Seems like he is into something like the Brembo setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Matt thanks for responding I appreciate It, like what sticky said I'm more on the look and less on the performance but of course I want my rotors to work though
    , I heard the advantages of having slotted or drilled rotors is that they don't heat up as bad as regular rotors,pls correct me if I'm wrong on this and also I think it will look really nice with my black rims.. So any suggestions on what to get, where's your store at located? Sticky thanks a lot for you help on this I really appreciate it, you guys amazing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky thanks a lot for you help on this I really appreciate it, you guys amazing!
    Where in LA are you located?

No problem, this place exists to help people like yourself. The last BMW refuge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What brand would be known for good performance or reliable for pads,rotors (need 4) and brake lines? Thanks Matt and sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What brand would be known for good performance or reliable for pads,rotors (need 4) and brake lines? Thanks Matt and sticky
    It comes down to budget, what are you willing to spend?

Also, where are you located?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I drive a 07 525i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Located in west Los Angeles, around culver city and century city, and you guys? Thanks again for guiding me and trying to help me out! Much appreciated!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Located in west Los Angeles, around culver city and century city, and you guys? Thanks again for guiding me and trying to help me out! Much appreciated!
    I'm in West LA as well, just further West Click here to enlarge

You are close to the 405 I take it? If so, I can recommend the shop to do the install for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool sticky this is amazing news,can you pm me the shop and if they sell the rotors there as well, yup I do take the 405 as well down to the 10 is the shop by west Los Angeles?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    hey guys thanks for all the reply and input on the rotors, i did found a whole set: drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, it's a stop tech sport kit brake upgrade.. if anybody has input on this brand pls let me know.. thanks in adavance Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey guys thanks for all the reply and input on the rotors, i did found a whole set: drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, it's a stop tech sport kit brake upgrade.. if anybody has input on this brand pls let me know.. thanks in adavance Click here to enlarge
    Stoptech is a quality option. You know where to go to get them installed. Post pics!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey sticky thanks for recommending gintani, i called them yesterday and spoke to Alex, then put me on hold and spoke to Arno, but I kind of got that vibe that he didn't really wanted to help me maybe because I was just asking for help with rotors and not the other expensive stuff thatbthey do there, he ask for my number and he never called me back, he said he was going to he even ask for wat model and year my car was..called again this morning same thing no response... I just felt like I wasn't treated right as a customer, unless that's how they conduct business, I felt like you have to get expensive stuff done so they will service you right, but when it comes to small things like helping with rotors then they don't give a $#@! bout it... I mean it takes a few seconds to pick up the phone and call the customer back right? Or maybe they too busy and they Don't need any more business? Well,thanks so much for everything I know it's not your fault, it was probably bad timing as well... Well if you know of another place that can install them for me pls let me know, it shouldn't be that hard it's a direct replacement from the original... Thanks againClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey sticky thanks for recommending gintani, i called them yesterday and spoke to Alex, then put me on hold and spoke to Arno, but I kind of got that vibe that he didn't really wanted to help me maybe because I was just asking for help with rotors and not the other expensive stuff thatbthey do there, he ask for my number and he never called me back, he said he was going to he even ask for wat model and year my car was..called again this morning same thing no response... I just felt like I wasn't treated right as a customer, unless that's how they conduct business, I felt like you have to get expensive stuff done so they will service you right, but when it comes to small things like helping with rotors then they don't give a $#@! bout it... I mean it takes a few seconds to pick up the phone and call the customer back right? Or maybe they too busy and they Don't need any more business? Angular, thanks so much for everything I know it's not your fault, it was probably bad timing as well... Well if you know of another place that can install them for me pls let me know, it shouldn't be that hard it's a direct replacement from the original... Thanks againClick here to enlarge

I do get that from time to time here...I get tied up and so busy in the shop I forget to call people back..it has cost me a few times, I lost a few good, well paying customers over it Click here to enlarge. I need to hire a secretary to handle my incoming calls and stuff, but its hard to find a person who is as knowledgable as me, and who wants to take the time out for me to teach them.

It makes no sense to hire someone who doesnt know their way around a car and try to answer some of the questions these people ask..

If you want, shoot me a PM and I can arrange to have something drop-shipped maybe. I cant do the install for you but I could get you the right parts if needed. If Gintani is too busy to help you out, I could perhaps refer you over to LTBMW if they are anywhere close to within driving distance..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure thing Matt thanks so much I appreciate that, well here is the thing already ordered the rotor package upgrade today and I shall receive it by next week, I figured that they won't help me so I went ahead and ordered it, just need to know now where to have them installed, definitely not the stealership!! I'm located in Los Angeles on the westside... Any ideas???
    Thanks so much!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey sticky thanks for recommending gintani, i called them yesterday and spoke to Alex, then put me on hold and spoke to Arno, but I kind of got that vibe that he didn't really wanted to help me maybe because I was just asking for help with rotors and not the other expensive stuff thatbthey do there, he ask for my number and he never called me back, he said he was going to he even ask for wat model and year my car was..called again this morning same thing no response... I just felt like I wasn't treated right as a customer, unless that's how they conduct business, I felt like you have to get expensive stuff done so they will service you right, but when it comes to small things like helping with rotors then they don't give a $#@! bout it... I mean it takes a few seconds to pick up the phone and call the customer back right? Or maybe they too busy and they Don't need any more business? Well,thanks so much for everything I know it's not your fault, it was probably bad timing as well... Well if you know of another place that can install them for me pls let me know, it shouldn't be that hard it's a direct replacement from the original... Thanks againClick here to enlarge
    Honestly bro, it's not even been 1 full day. I think you may be expecting a bit much, they will take care of you as I stated. OE Tuning as you also asked for is in the same spot. Alex sucks at getting back to people, yes. But, his phone rings off the hook. He is the owner, you can't expect him to remember every phone call that is what his employees do.

Just private message raz@gintani.com here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/member.php?1396-Raz-Gintani

That, or just go down to the shop where you don't have to worry about phone calls and they can check your car out in person. You would also see who would be working on your car and the facilities.

They have done 10's of thousands of dollars of work on my car and I don't get calls back instantly. I'm sure he just forgot to call you back, nothing personal. That said, they need to improve their customer service.

Also, as I suggested, Matt can ship you whatever you need and Gintani can install it. And believe me, if you show up there they will install it or I will make them install it. They will treat you right, period. If you don't want to go with them, I suggest going with whomever Matt@Camber-Toe suggests even though they are just down the 405 from you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure thing sticky, thanks for that, hey buddy I didn't mean too sound like a nag but I wasn't sure on how they run things coz I honestly think he was going to call me back.. But anyhows, I apologize for being quite impatient with it, I just really wanted to get my stuff done especially with my pregnant wife time is not on my side.... So you suggest that I should just show up in their shop? Do you mind pm their exact address... Thanks so much I really appreciate it a lot... Where can I see pics of your ride bro? Lol! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast