Close

Thread: I tried..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I tried..

Good afternoon! Got the car back from the dealer so I decide to drive a bit more spiritedly. I'm driving the toll-road and approach a new four door STI with his paper plates still on. I think Subaru did a great job bringing back the sedan body-style that was popular in the 2004-2005 models. Anyways I pull up next to it to see the interior. Guy obviously thought I was trying to look over to him and ask to run. He pulls real hard so I down shift and catch up. We go up a hill at about 100 -115 ( no cars ahead or around us, no cops usually sit here) He has to stop at the toll booth. I have a fast track so I am pretty far a head now. At this point I don't want to challenge him any longer so I decide to merge into the slow lane and go the speed limit. Maybe five minutes goes by and I see him rushing up to me. I flash my break lights to tell him slow down and ask him if he has done anything to it yet. The guy is going like 90 past me so I say forget it and let him go ahead (thinking to myself I bet a cop will be waiting for him.) We pass a turn and I see his break lights flash immediately, guess the CHP saw that too. Hey, I tried to warn the guy. Click here to enlarge

Just wondered If anyone else here has tried to warn someone when racing but they end up getting caught a matter of moments later?

Have a great day everyone and drive safe!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like he earned it.

This was on the 91?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    73 N.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    73 N.
    Gotcha.

From what I notice about California drivers they don't try to help each other out. You get some idiot in the fast lane who just sits there. If you see a speed trap people don't flash their headlights to alert you. I think it is more just about our everyone for themselves mentality.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't warned someone and failed that I know of, but I have saved someone. I was on the final stretch of my 2k mile journey to North Dakota and almost to my home town. The interstate is stupid straight with rolling hills to set the scene. It's probably one of the few places in the United States that you are actually going to get the advertised detection distances of the radar detectors. Either way me and a modified Cobalt are messing around on an empty highway in Mexico (?). It's non-competitive at this point as I am walking him, but we are moving quickly and pulling on each other. My radar detector goes off a little and as I've had it for the last 7 years (with updates) I know what it's trying to tell me. I go ahead and brake and he keeps moving pretty good (20+) so I start flashing him. He doesn't notice so I give it the beans quick, catch up, flash some more and hit the brakes. I think it was enough to confuse him as he slowed down some too. Keep in mind we have covered some serious distance at this point and it's night time. As we crest the next hill I'm at the speed limit and he's close enough, our headlights hit the reflectors of easily 7 cop cars waiting. There was no dodging it. He pulled up for an energetic 'thanks' and we went our ways as my exit coming up. It felt good helping another non-dick enthusiast out
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    He doesn't notice so I give it the beans quick, catch up, flash some more and hit the brakes. I think it was enough to confuse him as he slowed down some too. Keep in mind we have covered some serious distance at this point and it's night time. As we crest the next hill I'm at the speed limit and he's close enough, our headlights hit the reflectors of easily 7 cop cars waiting. There was no dodging it. He pulled up for an energetic 'thanks' and we went our ways as my exit coming up. It felt good helping another non-dick enthusiast out
    Nice of you, wish more people were like this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't warned someone and failed that I know of, but I have saved someone. I was on the final stretch of my 2k mile journey to North Dakota and almost to my home town. The interstate is stupid straight with rolling hills to set the scene. It's probably one of the few places in the United States that you are actually going to get the advertised detection distances of the radar detectors. Either way me and a modified Cobalt are messing around on an empty highway in Mexico (?). It's non-competitive at this point as I am walking him, but we are moving quickly and pulling on each other. My radar detector goes off a little and as I've had it for the last 7 years (with updates) I know what it's trying to tell me. I go ahead and brake and he keeps moving pretty good (20+) so I start flashing him. He doesn't notice so I give it the beans quick, catch up, flash some more and hit the brakes. I think it was enough to confuse him as he slowed down some too. Keep in mind we have covered some serious distance at this point and it's night time. As we crest the next hill I'm at the speed limit and he's close enough, our headlights hit the reflectors of easily 7 cop cars waiting. There was no dodging it. He pulled up for an energetic 'thanks' and we went our ways as my exit coming up. It felt good helping another non-dick enthusiast out
    Damn, that's awesome! If only I could have helped this guy out, his car looked like it came right off the lot. I don't really drive with my Solo S2 anymore unless some serious speeds are going to be reached on a deserted stretch of pavement. (never gotten a speeding violation so far)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    people in the U.S. suck at driving period, there r no rules of the road per say as they have in Europe, plus those in europe go through tons more drivers ed to be able to get a license. i wish our country did that, we'd have less idiots on the road
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno. Although the autobahn was amazing with fking everyone staying in the right lane, I didn't really see any less of the generic stupid moves in the EU. If you go somewhere like Paris though, it was 10x worse than the US. Those mofos were crazy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno. Although the autobahn was amazing with fking everyone staying in the right lane, I didn't really see any less of the generic stupid moves in the EU. If you go somewhere like Paris though, it was 10x worse than the US. Those mofos were crazy
    You should see how they drive in Rome, insanity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I went to Venice and that was enough for me. 1 moped is benign and humorous, but 1,000 mopeds is just a mob of wild anarchy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    73 N.
    That's where I usually log. Very steep uphill, light traffic, quite safe to go WOT. But after the tollbooth it's mostly downhill. There's no point of racing downhill. Even a prius can go pretty fast down that hill. Going uphill is a different story. When everybody is struggling uphill, you just stomp on it and fly away like a rocket. And there's only a few cars out there that can keep up with you.
    current: '12 E92 M3

past: '09 335i E92
    best 1/4 ET: 12.47 on street tires
    best 1/4 trap speed: 115mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Yup, It is nice to be able to pass people when needed. I try not to speed whenever possible, not the other way around. Mainly because I hate paying for dumb tickets that can be avoided. If I had a tune yeah, I would probably get myself into trouble more often than not.. lol. It is a nice road despite the rocks and idiots trying to cut you off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    people in the U.S. suck at driving period, there r no rules of the road per say as they have in Europe, plus those in europe go through tons more drivers ed to be able to get a license. i wish our country did that, we'd have less idiots on the road
    Its bad, but nothing compared to Mexico. Those fukRs are crazy. I guess Its easy to drive like an idiot when its so easy to pay your way out of a ticket over there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Its bad, but nothing compared to Mexico. Those fukRs are crazy. I guess Its easy to drive like an idiot when its so easy to pay your way out of a ticket over there.
    You make a good point, the corruption is a huge factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You make a good point, the corruption is a huge factor.
    A guy I work with has a sister that's a cop in Mexico (she's crooked-CSI) He has told me stories of people who want to get out of tickets and of people who $#@! up and are forced to pay everyone at the station for hitting a light poll while she makes it look like it was stolen and wrecked.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A guy I work with has a sister that's a cop in Mexico (she's crooked-CSI) He has told me stories of people who want to get out of tickets and of people who $#@! up and are forced to pay everyone at the station for hitting a light poll while she makes it look like it was stolen and wrecked.
    I bet her family appreciate that. Nope, not joking, people want to get into those positions to do exactly that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good story.

I haven't had any other drivers warn me about a speed trap in years but it was always very cool when they did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i always warn, and ironically the last time i was warned was very recently in california. on the curving road from monterey to pacific grove.

never tried warning with my brake lights just headlights, but if someone's tailing me i'll flip the lights on during the day to simulate a brake tap to back em off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's funny that we complain about drivers in the US, I mean texas is full is idiots alike, but I the people/civilians over seas are a bit more idiotic...

I went to paki a few summers ago and there is just balls deep traffic, 2 lanes, coming and going. We were walking to get to a shopping plaza and without even pausing/looking around, my uncle starts walking across the street - me WTF ARE YOU DOING?! Him: walking across the street, come on!

Cars literally drive around the walking pedestrians...

OP and others, good stories! I don't have anything like them, but I always flash if there is a trap...has helped me once.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I went to paki a few summers ago and there is just balls deep traffic, 2 lanes, coming and going. We were walking to get to a shopping plaza and without even pausing/looking around, my uncle starts walking across the street - me WTF ARE YOU DOING?! Him: walking across the street, come on!
    That's crazy but when we were talking about overseas we were predominantly referring to Europe, at least I was.

German drivers for example are very disciplined.