Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ALso you state that over 100 members are using your kit, and only a handful are using Aquamist. Well Aquamist does not have a strong showing in bmw they are more popular in the evo and subaru market no?, the bmw high horsepower scene is relatively new! And if you site that market i guarantee they are the winner by a landslide there are so many more hp cars in that scene running Aquamist versus cooling mist. Either way i will say it again you have a really good kit just not everything you are spewing on the forum is correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    sure you posted that your new failsafes are far more comprehensive then aquamist i dont agree!
    We have not released any data on our new upcoming failsafe, so how can you dis-agree? This proves your bias already.

You obviously do so why don't you enlighten me. Explain to all of us why yours are better
    in good time

Also you were insinuating that by being here in the states you have better tech support then other companies (aquamist)
    Here is what I said
    3) You need tech support you will get ahold of us 7 days a week via forum, phone, email OR instant message.

I cant help it if your feelings are hurt. I did not say anything about Aquamists customer service. I stated facts about ours. Its really not my problem if you decide to read into things that are not there, now is it?

And also i am 30 years old i am not a kid, lol but the way you are acting so butthurt that everyone on this forum wont just bow to your words as fact shows your maturity!
    Im only hurt by the fact that you are 30 and cant read correct.

CM
    Last edited by coolingmist; 03-09-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes i was until i decided to go e85, so there was no reason to use e85 and methanol, as e85 already has way better knock control, engine temp cooling properties, and ability to run more timing and make more power for way less money. No need to buy race fuel, or methanol. In reality methanol is a dated tech, e85 is the future! It also helps that i live in mn and we are the mecca for e85! I have over 200 stations selling e85 in a 5-50 mile radius of my house, i have no less then 8 stations within a 1 mile radius

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my statement was uncalled for (warranted) but uncalled for so i apologize. And i removed it.
    Last edited by jacobs323i; 03-09-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how can i disagree it is easy i have alot of friends in the tuning world there are only so many feasable options for failsafe! they have been covered already by Aquamist so lol unless you developed a failsafe that no one has thought of or developed in the many years that methanol injection has been done then you are reinventing the wheel lol! So just to humor us all mr. big shot with out divulging exactly what your new magical formula for failsafes on a boosted engine, why dont you just explain the theory! Without saying exactly how you accomplished it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why are you getting so upset with CM? He never said anything bad about aquamist.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well without proving it or showing it, it is called hearsay!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im not upset, i just hate when vendors say things they won't prove! If it is better like you say show us, prove it don't just say it is and expect all to agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also you keep saying failsafe as in one not plural, you do realize that the hfs-6 has 5 options for failsafe options, they can all be used in conjunction or used singularly. Again even after this tirad between you and i i still have nothing but good things to say about coolingmist it is a very viable and good option!
    Last edited by jacobs323i; 03-09-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully some lithium came with the negative rep...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    glad you have something worthwhile to say

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SO i have not forgotten our little tiff, and i know you are dying to prove me wrong so how long do i have to wait to hear your new failsafes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It will be 6-8 weeks according to the update CM posted on N54tech. I have no doubt this will be as good or better than aquamist. Which is why I will be buying it right when it comes out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually wish he'd give us some info about his upcoming kit and why it is superior to the aquamist one. I ask because I'm getting ready to purchase the top of the line aquamist kit for my N63 and if something better is about to be released than I'd probably wait a few weeks more if I knew it was gonna be better. How about you PM me with some info(I'm pretty trust worthy! I can keep a secret) lol seriously though I need all the info I can get as I gottanpurchase this pretty soon to get it installed before I get the car tuned. I don't currently know $h!t about meth kits as I've never really dealt with that in the Nissan world. E85 is another story however and I'd love to get my tuner to make me a map for that as well but I thought some people were blaming the HPFP failures on ethanol? How then can we run E85? Info please! And I know I should be doing my own research but I'm on vacation in Europe and have a hard time getting info(crazy data roaming rates)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I actually wish he'd give us some info about his upcoming kit and why it is superior to the aquamist one. I ask because I'm getting ready to purchase the top of the line aquamist kit for my N63 and if something better is about to be released than I'd probably wait a few weeks more if I knew it was gonna be better. How about you PM me with some info(I'm pretty trust worthy! I can keep a secret) lol seriously though I need all the info I can get as I gottanpurchase this pretty soon to get it installed before I get the car tuned. I don't currently know $h!t about meth kits as I've never really dealt with that in the Nissan world. E85 is another story however and I'd love to get my tuner to make me a map for that as well but I thought some people were blaming the HPFP failures on ethanol? How then can we run E85? Info please! And I know I should be doing my own research but I'm on vacation in Europe and have a hard time getting info(crazy data roaming rates)
    are you DI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    are you DI?
    Yes(I can only imagine you mean direct injection)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes(I can only imagine you mean direct injection)
    yup! not sure what HPFP you are running though, so ethanol/no ethanol may /may not have anything to do with it. plus, even for us its never been proven as many non E users get dead hpfp's

CM's new stuff
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11829

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yup! not sure what HPFP you are running though, so ethanol/no ethanol may /may not have anything to do with it. plus, even for us its never been proven as many non E users get dead hpfp's

CM's new stuff
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11829
    I unfortunately know even less than you about what HPFP I'm running. I will say they appear to fail less than the n54 ones(I'm assuming this due to the lack of HPFP failed threads on N63 forums) but I'm not sure if it's because it's better or just there are alot less N63's around than N54's. That is a great link and I will have too do some background reading as I understood about 2% of it. Thanks for the help. One question I got from reading that link, will this system work with any tune? He seems to be referencing JB4 exclusively and I'm obviously not going to be running that so not sure if that would work for me? Apparently his new sensor has a secret readout it sends to the JB4 and this is the reason for my questioning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well i will make it easy for you dont get either if you are planning on runnig e85, as e85 is way better then methanol injection even with race gas. So if you are going e85 scrap methanol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jacobs323i Click here to enlarge
    Well i will make it easy for you dont get either if you are planning on runnig e85, as e85 is way better then methanol injection even with race gas. So if you are going e85 scrap methanol!
    Lol no I know that much I just meant that I saw your post about E85 but I thought that was a No go with these cars due to the HPFP. I believe your car doesn't have one though right? I was just asking if E85 could be used as I heard it was bad for the HPFP. If it is then meth is the way to go I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what its reading is a 0-x voltage, so something available for your car can use it, if its a piggback at least, i would think. E85 requires usually a dedicated tune and most likely upgraded fueling parts, so that limits the current bmw DI progress in that area. and methanol is good for ANY FI platform, just needs to be used correctly. N54's are using it for fuel, which is not correctly.. hell look at HPF, pump/meth and 30-60hp gain..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what its reading is a 0-x voltage, so something available for your car can use it, if its a piggback at least, i would think. E85 requires usually a dedicated tune and most likely upgraded fueling parts, so that limits the current bmw DI progress in that area. and methanol is good for ANY FI platform, just needs to be used correctly. N54's are using it for fuel, which is not correctly.. hell look at HPF, pump/meth and 30-60hp gain..
    I wonder if HPF will make a kit for the 335i.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    Here are some features of the CMGS. The center display for the N54 is typically red instead of blue

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../cmgsmap-1.jpg
    What is the cost with this setup?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12