Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Twin turbo e60 m5? And you mean to say you cant do it to a e90 m3 ?

Click here to enlarge
    discuss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Rear mounts? End of discussion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate to burst your bubble but nothing came of that build.

The fabrication for something like this is the easy part. Most people get stuck at the tuning aspect and give up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why? Irrational fears of God-awful turbo lag?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bimmerbear Click here to enlarge
    Why? Irrational fears of God-awful turbo lag?
    Mostly the issues with piping and poor weather conditions and also because I still do not think I have seen one correctly running on a new M motor. Are there any results?

Will a rear mount work? Yes, in theory it works. Is it the proper way to do it? No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I hate to burst your bubble but nothing came of that build.

The fabrication for something like this is the easy part. Most people get stuck at the tuning aspect and give up.
    Whose build was it?

There was also an SL600 or SL65 that was being built with rear mount turbos that ended up being a disaster.

You are quite right, anyone can rear mount the turbos. The question then is, now what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mostly the issues with piping and poor weather conditions and also because I still do not think I have seen one correctly running on a new M motor. Are there any results?

Will a rear mount work? Yes, in theory it works. Is it the proper way to do it? No.
    Exhaust piping can be ceramic coated and blankets can be put on the turbos in order to conserve heat energy. Heat shielding can also be placed in between the exhaust and charge pipes (where they run close to one another) to prevent heat exchange. I'm sure you know there are also water repelling slip on bags for intake filters. Besides that, I don't know of any M car with a rear mount setup though.

Sure, it's not the absolute best way to do it, but when space becomes as issue it's the easiest solution without requiring some crazy (expensive) in-bay fabrication. Maybe we would have seen something awesome if ASR had actually done the job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Whose build was it?

There was also an SL600 or SL65 that was being built with rear mount turbos that ended up being a disaster.

You are quite right, anyone can rear mount the turbos. The question then is, now what?
    Some shop in California called "Currency Motors". There's not much information on the build at all.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...-twin-turbo-m5

On a related note, this is the $#@!:

Do you have any links to the Merc build?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Rear mounting should only be done in the privacy of the bedroom........................or kitchen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Exhaust piping can be ceramic coated and blankets can be put on the turbos in order to conserve heat energy. Heat shielding can also be placed in between the exhaust and charge pipes (where they run close to one another) to prevent heat exchange. I'm sure you know there are also water repelling slip on bags for intake filters. Besides that, I don't know of any M car with a rear mount setup though.

Sure, it's not the absolute best way to do it, but when space becomes as issue it's the easiest solution without requiring some crazy (expensive) in-bay fabrication. Maybe we would have seen something awesome if ASR had actually done the job.
    I don't think ASR was doing a rear mount, right? If they were, that makes the whole ordeal even worse.

Yes, ceramic coating works and heat shielding is a solution as well. Just kind of funny for a car to have more plumbing and insulation than a house Click here to enlarge

I do not know of an M with a working rear mount turbo setup either. I did briefly consider it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Do you have any links to the Merc build?
    The only reason I won't post links to the Merc build is because of this: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....ith-censorship

Just trust me that the owner did not get what he paid for and the project ended up a massive failure. If you are familiar with Vadim this basically cost him his shop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Rear mounting should only be done in the privacy of the bedroom........................or kitchen.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

lmfao....

+ 1 in the butt!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

By the way they were asking $350k for that rear mount setup.

I do not have enough bandwith to properly display the amount of laughing smilies it would take to express my thoughts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'll start: Ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,.. ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,Ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,.. ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,.. Ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,.. ah, ha ha ha ha ha,... ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha,..Seriously? $350k? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lol overpriced? x.x
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Nothing even came of this, this company made these claims and you can't even find anything on them.

If someone wants to pay me $300k I'll strap some rear mount turbos on their car too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nothing even came of this, this company made these claims and you can't even find anything on them.

If someone wants to pay me $300k I'll strap something for a rear mount too.
    FIXED.Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

By the way they were asking $350k for that rear mount setup.

I do not have enough bandwith to properly display the amount of laughing smilies it would take to express my thoughts.
    The bulk of that $350K went into $#@!ing up the interior:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

This car is a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

This car is LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

^^ Crocodile dundee's interior?
    BTW soon or late TT kits will be availabe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, this is what happened to Rango after the film was completed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

So, this is what happened to Rango after the film was completed.
    that made me Click here to enlarge good one
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast