Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DreX Click here to enlarge
    Terry thanks for your input. You deserv a beer ; even this is not your product you step in to help. Bravo!
    Absolutely, this is commendable.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no such thing as a Marine soldier Click here to enlarge

I have a SB2 sitting here for a while. i wanted to have one on hand before Jb4 was out, in case i decided to try something different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DreX Click here to enlarge
    Terry thanks for your input. You deserv a beer Click here to enlarge; even this is not your product you step in to help. Click here to enlarge Bravo!

I donít think the standback uses any preloaded data to use into boost control. IIRC they get full control of the waste gate solenoids and rely on PID to control the boost. I can use the 30x30 table and use lower values at the beginning but I consider that cheating cuz the problem is control w/o error. I trying to set the PID using the total boost value place holder set @ 8 PSi. Once I can stop the spike I will be set. Its just time consuming when the information is so scarce. So must of the "learning" comes from trial and error instead of a factual data already set. Click here to enlarge

On an interesting note, when running in valet mode; even the PID is involved.When I have boost oscillation it still shows on valet mode but the oscillationis lower. Which leads me to think that once the PID is set correctly the 30x30 boost tables will be executed properly.

Sander told me that the cal file he sent me was tested on one of the shop cars with same mods and was working ok. Seeing my log from the cal file I believe my car is spooling faster than their shop car. Being all parts the same from BMW the only explanation is my selections of mod parts.

As for PID settings, Iím starting to get the right idea of how to work it out. On my way to work I change my approach on ďhowĒ the values contribute the PID behavior. My last test I hit 8 PSI and then went down to 7 and lower; but I stop the spike (I think). Still need some more testing to be sure it is not spiking over target. Iím moving slowlybut forward.

Look at my last log.

Attachment 6780
    No worries. I don't know enough about the SB tables to offer much real help. If there isn't a preset duty cycle table it should be really easy for them to add a base dutycycle table and it will improve tuning and performance in the long run.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123