Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    you forgot to add that he came close to malaka's trap in a automatica fail mobile, not a MT car. In that case, you can just throw that one right out.
    I wonder what the ratio of autos to manuals is with the N54. I bet around 80% automatics 20% manuals?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike@n54tuning.com Click here to enlarge
    Shiv

If I post in this thread are you going to accuse me of being Terry now that Terry is here as well? Or can I be Mike on this forum? Just wondering.

Mike
    Mike, stop trying to have independent thoughts. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I wonder what the ratio of autos to manuals is with the N54. I bet around 80% automatics 20% manuals?
    Thats because more than 70 percent of the n54s are driven by soccer moms who don't even know who you are.
    Last edited by Laloosh; 03-18-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Mike, stop trying to have independent thoughts. Click here to enlarge
    I feel like I am talking to myself. Must be suffering some split personality disorder... Click here to enlarge LOL

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

ok mike, go educate us again, chances are that you will sound far less involved/intelligent now that terry is here to talk his own battles. You no longer have to be a parrot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

ok mike, go educate us again, chances are that you will sound far less involved/intelligent now that terry is here to talk his own battles. You no longer have to be a parrot.
    Come on... people have been speaking their minds freely and seemingly relishing in the ability to do so with all parties present but let's maintain the thin veil of respect that has been shown so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

My job isn't to educate you, but I do try to keep conversations in perspective. Discussion is good. I am just poking fun at Shiv as his defacto response is to say I know nothing and that I am Terry. The more difficult the questions that are put to him the more he compares me to Terry and says I know nothing. If you don't believe me just look back at the threads, those of which weren't deleted. You are really taking my poking fun hard, and since the joke wan't directed at you I am not sure why. We're just having some fun.

Mike

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

NEver said your job was to educate me. Actually in regards to anything aside from the jb3 I would like to see you try to educate me. Discussion is in fact good, however when you and shiv go at it on e90 and terry can't openly join, you simply know thing that only terry would know. So in one way or another its pretty much terry defending his side of the argument through you. If you knew all this, you would make your own juicebox and clean up.

I don't care who the joke was directed at, I already had this discussion with Terry on n54tech. So if you don't want to further discuss it, simply don't "poke" around, or stop $#@!ing when you get responses.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

You're pretty much right. Nobody is denying that I gain most of my knowledge from Terry, as Terry is a great teacher. Isn't it logical that I would ask the creator of the JB3 difficult technical questions so that I can respond to questions. It would seem like the logical choice of action. I don't know everything, not do I claim to. When I need help I get help. This is very different from suggesting that Terry just uses my account to post on e90, which is the suggestion that has been made several times. This is what we are poking fun at.

Mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Thats because more than 70 percent of the n54s are driven by soccer moms who don't even know who you are.
    Their husbands do and sneak JB+s on them. Click here to enlarge I see a lot of cars locally and it seems the manuals are few and far between. At least in socal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

NEver said your job was to educate me. Actually in regards to anything aside from the jb3 I would like to see you try to educate me.
    I bet Mike could teach you a thing or two about Corals. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

LOL...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Their husbands do and sneak JB+s on them. Click here to enlarge I see a lot of cars locally and it seems the manuals are few and far between. At least in socal.
    I have yet to see an auto bmw at the local meets here. Jpslicks brough some 50 plus year old guy who was a friend of his father with an auto.....thats about it lol

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I bet Mike could teach you a thing or two about Corals. Click here to enlarge
    In regards to engine/cars....after all this is a car forum is it not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

SoCal is predominantly Auto and Autos are predominantly the choice for 3 series. Manuals are predominantly the enthusiast choice. I think that is what he was saying.

Autos definitely have an advantage in certain respects, pluses and minuses for both, yadda yadda.

What I don't understand is the talk of manual tuning being good/bad or auto tuning being good bad, does BMS or Vishnu give different files/maps based on the transmission?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

vishnu does, the juice box works on both (if you don't bog)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    You seem to forget that a customer of mine holds the trap speed record for straight gasoline (no meth, no nitrous). Nearly 123mph traps. Go faster than that and then toot your horn.

Shiv
    Ahh, malaka right.. i remember that guy. didn't he use c16? Im pretty sure thats a different variable since noone really runs that in their car. HHmm.. i wonder why he went with that? I'll have to go dig up his runs for that and take a look at conditions, 60' etc..

glad to see you have that guy in the 11's. that makes 1 for you right, i mean besides yourself, and who knows what you got going on on your car since you would have every reson to hide, mis-inform, and conveniently forget to tell as to mold results to better your failing business.

damn!! and it doesn't get deleted here!? How nice Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Ahh, malaka right.. i remember that guy. didn't he use c16? Im pretty sure thats a different variable since noone really runs that in their car. HHmm.. i wonder why he went with that? I'll have to go dig up his runs for that and take a look at conditions, 60' etc..

glad to see you have that guy in the 11's. that makes 1 for you right, i mean besides yourself, and who knows what you got going on on your car since you would have every reson to hide, mis-inform, and conveniently forget to tell as to mold results to better your failing business.

Down Fido.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

No deletes... but that does not mean no respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

IIRC Malaka went mid 12s. The contributing factors for him were the 40 degree weather at sea level. And of course the usual suspects including lots of boost, lots of octane, some weight removal, and some luck. Can't take the MPH away from him, 122 is moving. It would be nice to see more match that MPH though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

PS. WTF is a rep point?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

PS. WTF is a rep point?
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...s-been-enabled

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No deletes... but that does not mean no respect.
    Respect is earned, not given. But that is dragging this OT, as he tends to do when anyone says negative about his stuff. Sadly this convo wouldn't even be taking place had snow last month not messed up schedules.

Im just happy I can see toe-toe conversations. Not that it matters since its always the same story,

Oh, only a 12? Thats odd, i thought some guys ran 11's on street tires. so why would a 123mph run not be able to hit 11's if some can do it at 116? surely the car is capable of doing it, and if he only running a few 1/10's off as is. i would think that pickin up 7 mph over the competiton could negate traction advantage. SHouldn't more people be able to replicate that mph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Respect definitely is earned, not given, but that does not mean it can not be shown.

It is nice to be able to see the conversation, refreshing in a lot of ways. Also makes me proud Click here to enlarge

I'm not exactly sure which vehicle you are referencing and which runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Respect definitely is earned, not given, but that does not mean it can not be shown.

It is nice to be able to see the conversation, refreshing in a lot of ways. Also makes me proud Click here to enlarge

I'm not exactly sure which vehicle you are referencing and which runs.
    i was referring to a few JB cutomers can hit 11's on street tires, if i recall. And they do it running from 116-119mph. So my thinking is
    why can't a V4, 123mph, customer car, couldn't net even an 11.999999

Also wondering how only 1-2 V4 users are the only ones that can trap that high.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast