Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, less heat/more efficient.

He didn't abandon it completely, he took the motor out and is dropping it into either an e30 or e36!
    Oh I see, that project seemed to take forever with no results, I gave up on following it. He eventually showed some dyno numbers which looked good. Why take it out of the E46?

Ok, so if you are generating less heat, and it is more efficient, the cooling system in that case should be able to take more boost and it should be able to do more boost without detonating, but then the strength of the internals becomes the issue, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of good information in here. Learn somethings here keep it coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    YLooking at various online 1.4 calculators, they all say that 600rwhp and 2800lbs will yeild a 140mph trap, so it looks right actually.
    Ive never seen it done, must be a near perfect track at the least.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

New thread created and posts moved for compression ratio discussion: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ression-ratios

Sorry for taking your thread OT George!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow that is quite a build! The real question is - how come it's sitting in storage?! You need to shoehorn that thing into a 2002 or E30. Please.

Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP, that is crazy! It went 141mph with 13psi and your were running 27psi on the street. So, do you still have the motor in storage. I see you said that you sold the car.
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    OP, that is crazy! It went 141mph with 13psi and your were running 27psi on the street. So, do you still have the motor in storage. I see you said that you sold the car.
    That's what I'm saying - dust off the cobwebs and cram that bia in an E30 FTMFW!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I still got the motor with most the components. I am not sure if I got the balls to drive a car like that again or if I really want to face the risks of sideways action at 250km/h in a E30 or even a E36 for that matter. I have been thinking about what to do with the whole thing but nothing comes to mind. The exhaust manifold and intake was built by a very dear friend who past on so there is a lot of sentimental link to it. I have started collecting some pieces that I sold off to have a runner on a stand, worst case scenario I will wheel it into my living room hehe or possibly I am looking to give a disadvantaged youngster a chance and building a drag car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still think that rig would be the mutt's nuts in a 2002 or E30, but serious kudos to you if you give some underprivileged young enthusiast a dream project (though I'm not sure it's a good idea to give anyone under the age of 25 that kind of power haha!).
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This car is great.
    Look at that old engine.

wweeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That is an impressive setup. Gotta love those euro motors with boost's
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I can vouch for George & the traps. Some of those pics were taken by me (brings back memories Georgie). The other thing to remember is that we are at high altitude. Of course we lost spool & some power with that. But the one good thing is we also lose wind resistance. For a high horsepower car, the last half of the track running in thin air with less drag means some crazy acceleration. There is 17% less drag up here so one needs less power to hit a certain trap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    I can vouch for George & the traps. Some of those pics were taken by me (brings back memories Georgie). The other thing to remember is that we are at high altitude. Of course we lost spool & some power with that. But the one good thing is we also lose wind resistance. For a high horsepower car, the last half of the track running in thin air with less drag means some crazy acceleration. There is 17% less drag up here so one needs less power to hit a certain trap.
    Interesting.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for clarifying that. I was actually avoiding getting into that conversation a lot of people argued the traps sound to high. Many use those online calculators but it shows you in certain conditions it can be done at far lower power levels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12