Close

Thread: jb3 vs jb4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

jb3 vs jb4

Interested to know any feedback whether to upgrade from jb3 to jb4 even if jb4 is still in the beta
    phase of development!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

upgrade. its worth it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^^^ Agreed, I didn't think it would be, but the throttle response and smoothness alone make it worth while and that's not accounting for the recently released and still being bettered Autotune feature...plus now that everything can be configured using your steering wheel buttons using the Speedo and Tach...it's just amazing! Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

If you got the JB3 from us upgrade while you can for $85. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wheres the link to upgrade if bought from you terry?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

At burgertuning.com under upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Do it! When the first beta versions came out, I tought WTH, If the Jb3 is ok as it is, I might no even upgrade it at all... But then after reading all the good reviews about it, and hearing from terry that JB4 will work way better at high altitudes (like my city, 6 000 + ft) made me go for it, since I was struggling a little bit with the altitude and 1/4 mile times... IT shipped last monday, and by thurday it was released by the mexico customs, so the package should be home this week, probably wednesday... Looking forward to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Do it! It's the $#@!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If you got the JB3 from us upgrade while you can for $85. Click here to enlarge
    How long do we have to upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

I think we'll have the upgrade discount for at least another month. Maybe longer. But probably not forever. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I have never had a JB3 so I really can not compare the old version to the JB4. But I have the JB4 in the car now for a week and it impresses the hell out of me.
    The response to the throttle is very controllable. My car is still on winter tires so I 'm lacking grip allover, but after 2 pulls I can keep the TC light blinking on in 2nd gear all the way from 2000 rpm till redline Click here to enlarge
    That's how easy it is to controll.
    WOT just closes the engine down because of lack of grip.
    The CANcontrol is also very nice.
    If you have a JB3, no question, just upgrade while you can!
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10 Year BMW Enthusiast.....just upgraded my E90 from JB3 to JB4 and finished off about 1/2 tank of 93 octane....had to keep drinking water to keep the inside of my lips and cheeks from sticking to my teeth from so much smiling. Absolutely one of the best upgrades I have bought for any of my bmw's....a step up from the JB3 too. Great Engineering Burger Motorsports, I am happy!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E36graduate Click here to enlarge
    10 Year BMW Enthusiast.....just upgraded my E90 from JB3 to JB4 and finished off about 1/2 tank of 93 octane....had to keep drinking water to keep the inside of my lips and cheeks from sticking to my teeth from so much smiling. Absolutely one of the best upgrades I have bought for any of my bmw's....a step up from the JB3 too. Great Engineering Burger Motorsports, I am happy!
    This.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Guess I don't understand but seems the difference from the JB3 to the JB4 is pretty big.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I know the feeling Click here to enlarge Congrats

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    At burgertuning.com under upgrades.

I don't see the option for that. Can you link it here or send me a PM or something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Ah! You guys are going to make me jump back on the band wagon! >_< Can't afford that right now...but I guess that's what credit cards are for? LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm loving the upgrade. It seems quite a bit more powerful than the JB3, but it could be the new downpipes. I do like the shift light too - damn car revs so quick, it's a nice feature to have. I'm also enjoying not having the CEL related to downpipes. The gauge hijacking is also pretty cool, but I would love to know what I is good or bad as far as the timing gauge goes. With the upgrade, the car seems less like a square wave when accelerating. It's all worth it. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally recieved my jb4 upgrade and installed over the weekend, I have everthing stock except for a k&n drop in filter which is minor but what is not minor is the rush of power i get with the jb4, this thing is worth every penny, nothing but smiles. Any thoughts on the next best upgrade with the jb4 would be appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

Glad to hear! We've got over 1000 JB4s out there now. It won't be long before it overtakes the JB3 as the worlds most popular N54 tune. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudebway Click here to enlarge
    Finally recieved my jb4 upgrade and installed over the weekend, I have everthing stock except for a k&n drop in filter which is minor but what is not minor is the rush of power i get with the jb4, this thing is worth every penny, nothing but smiles. Any thoughts on the next best upgrade with the jb4 would be appreciated.
    For power I think next up should be meth, though I did DPs then FMIC and will install a meth kit now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

The next upgrade is the Pro board as I understand it which is different architecture unless I am mistaken as far a tuning upgrades go.

With hardware, DP's and FMIC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I was exactly where you are now.
    I ordered a LSD the same week after I installed my JB4. Next I signed up for the first available trackday Click here to enlarge
    But it all depends what you like to do with your car.
    If you are into drag you would want to go the way Sticky pointed out.
    You should at least upgrade your tires to more sticky ones, because all the extra torque you gain with your JB4 are too much for the standard RE050A's. That will help you no matter what next upgrade you choose.

My next upgrade will probably be a CP-E FMIC but I let that desicion depend on how the car performs on the upcoming trackday ( depends on how hot the oil will get) . Brakelines, disks and pads are also somewhere on the list of upgrades.Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works