Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Gintani SC kit...15,000+ mile review.

So as many of u know I was the first Gintani SCed car. I have now had the kit for over 16,000 miles. Ive been wanting to post this review for a while now, I originally wanted to put it in Bimmerpost but their is too much favoritism there. I just want people to be aware of their options and know this kit is just as good if not better then any of the competitors. This is not intended to start any trash talking or any kind of vs. thread, I just want people to know my personal experience with this SC kit.

I had my car with about 1,700 miles before I went SC. I went with Gintani originally because I had some of their products already and saw the development of their SC kit. I was really impressed with the shop and their customer service. I figured id rather stay with a local company so any issue could be addressed asap. I think the main thing that convinced me was the fact they made everything in house. Yes I received a 30% discount and free install but honestly Im sure I could have had any other company match their price.

So with in the first month I got the Sc kit I went out to a track day at Horse theif mile. I had already explained to the guys at Gintani that my main priority was tracking and canyons. I told them if the car couldnt take the punishing that the kit was coming off. They assured me it was gonna b ok and that it had enough cooling for any driving condition. It was 102 degrees that day and I was running 25 min. sessions. I ran like 7 in total. My cars temps were not getting any hotter then any of my friends stock e90 M3s and my car would cool off quicker then the stock ones were. Just to give u an idea of how hot it was, their was a few smgs that day that overheated and going into failsafe. After this day I figured if my car could take me pushing on this track it can take any beating, I was very Click here to enlarge

As I continue to daily drive my car I really enjoy how smooth the car drove when not under hard load, felt just like stock. If i didnt get on it I would forget it had a blower. The power kicks in very gradually and pulls very hard all the way till redline. The car had no idle issues and even on hot days with the ac on, the car acts as if its stock.

I have now done about 6 track sessions, 2 1/8th mile events, 2 1/4 mile events, tons and tons of dynos and several drives at the canyons. Im sure anyone that has seen me in canyon drives knows I dont pussy foot my car and im always driving it hard. This kit has done more then proven itself to me. To be honest Id figure with the mileage and abuse I have put on this car something should have broke by now but thankfully the car is still running as strong as day 1 (knock on wood).

Everytime I get on it the car just pulls very hard, always puts a huge smile on my face and makes me so happy with my choice. Ive done a few Mexico runs and the car has done very well against other same powered cars. Like the tittle says I know have about 17,000+ miles on my car and it is solid. The only issue I have had with my SC kit is staying off the throttle I have gotten 2 speeding tickets and 1 exhibition of speed since the SC install Click here to enlarge

I want to thank all the guys at Gintani for their hard work and call me a Gintani whore Click here to enlarge if ud like but I am only saying the truth. I wouldnt bull $#@! another enthusiast just to screw him over, if this kit wasnt legit my car would not be running today and I have gave this car hell. Well hope this helps people who are looking into getting an SC kit and want to know their options. Feel free to ask any questions if I missed anything.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice write up and thanks for sharing. It looks like every Gintani kit owner is very happy with the kit, results and the customer service. Look forward to hitting the track with you soon brotha!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Brian, I would like to promote this to the front page, would you mind just adding a couple pics to your post? A dyno, pic of the car, and the engine bay would be perfect for the front page.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good write up! Ive been on track days and canyon runs with niterider...and there is no doubt he drives his car to the max! Ive been there when he broke bodykits on canyon runs....when 4 of us got rolled on way to track...then tore it up at the track.
    Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 03-11-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice write up and thanks for sharing. It looks like every Gintani kit owner is very happy with the kit, results and the customer service. Look forward to hitting the track with you soon brotha!
    For sure, cant wait to see ur car up and running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Brian, I would like to promote this to the front page, would you mind just adding a couple pics to your post? A dyno, pic of the car, and the engine bay would be perfect for the front page.
    Will do, Ill post some ASAP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    good write up! Ive been on track days and canyon runs with niterider...and there is no doubt he drives his car to the max! Ive been there when he broke bodykits on canyon runs....when 4 of us got rolled on way to track...then tore it up at the track.
    Thats right, lol. U have been with me thru some of my good and bad times hu. Well hey all those situations could have been worse. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice write up brian. glad your loving that car of yours

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pics moved to OP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For some reason I couldnt edit my original first thread post, maybe u can fix it sticky. Also I dont have my current dyno but im now at 6.5lbs of boost and im doing 501whp on Gintanis Dyno DYnamics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by niterider Click here to enlarge
    For some reason I couldnt edit my original first thread post, maybe u can fix it sticky. Also I dont have my current dyno but im now at 6.5lbs of boost and im doing 501whp on Gintanis Dyno DYnamics.
    There is a time limit on editing posts, 60 minutes.

Reason being, I don't want people going back days, weeks, or months later and deleting their posts or doing anything malicious.

No worries, check the front page I did it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a time limit on editing posts, 60 minutes.

Reason being, I don't want people going back days, weeks, or months later and deleting their posts or doing anything malicious.

No worries, check the front page I did it Click here to enlarge
    Makes sense, good stuff. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your car looks so evil its not funny! Any way the kit looks super quality and thanks for abusing it for us and showing us its durability. i wonder how it would do in our 125+f weather and humidity. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i drove brians car a few weeks ago.. that thing is a monster.. i love that thing. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOVE the wheels!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tightie whats going on with your FI?
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Brian's car is a beast! Alex took me for a ride and I just fell in love
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    Brian's car is a beast! Alex took me for a ride and I just fell in love
    With Alex or the Car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car is nice too slow.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff Bri.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dude nice review, very unbiased. i also love the car, menacing is what comes to mind first Click here to enlarge especially with that s/c wail.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With Alex or the Car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys. I def. was going for that raw power evil look. I dont want anything that looks nice on my car. Ive always had blacked out cars and I still cant get over it. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast