Close

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    30
    Rep Points
    49.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Ridiculously funny story...to me at least

    So one of my employees noticed my car outside and asked if it was mine, I said yes. This sparked a conversation about sports bikes and cars. He then started bragging about how he just bought a hayabusa and how his old Camaro with an LS2 does 9's...right away I doubted him, but I still gave him the benefit of a doubt. I asked him what his trap speed is (I had to explain what that even meant), and he replied 190Click here to enlarge! Haha I told him it was impossible, but he said he would provide proof. I really dislike people like him

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Haha. Well on the plus side you only have two possible options
    1. You get to meet a world record holding racer
    2. You get to hold that insane fish story over his head until he quits

    Win Win
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    This is a wonderful situation.

    You are his boss, you can ask him for proof and now you are essentially testing his credibility. If he comes out a liar, and he will; he will look bad and you don't have to give him a raise.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    This is a wonderful situation.

    You are his boss, you can ask him for proof and now you are essentially testing his credibility. If he comes out a liar, and he will; he will look bad and you don't have to give him a raise.
    I would do that too , i'm a nasty boss Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sharpie12 Click here to enlarge
    So one of my employees noticed my car outside and asked if it was mine, I said yes. This sparked a conversation about sports bikes and cars. He then started bragging about how he just bought a hayabusa and how his old Camaro with an LS2 does 9's...right away I doubted him, but I still gave him the benefit of a doubt. I asked him what his trap speed is (I had to explain what that even meant), and he replied 190Click here to enlarge! Haha I told him it was impossible, but he said he would provide proof. I really dislike people like him
    These are the people I also dislike. They don't even know the basics yet think they are experts.

    This is a little different but back in 2001 when I had an E46 M3 I was getting some suspension work done and a guy comes in to the shop with his new 911 turbo and starts bragging about his Porsche and talking down on my BMW blah blah blah. Well, whatever, I say I really like your 996 and hope to have one some day.

    He replies back with, "It's a 911, you shouldn't talk when you can't get the Porsche basics right." I look at him, the shop owner, and just tried to keep the vomit from coming out.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    ^wowsa. The only way to amp that story up would be to find out it was a Boxter
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These are the people I also dislike. They don't even know the basics yet think they are experts.

    This is a little different but back in 2001 when I had an E46 M3 I was getting some suspension work done and a guy comes in to the shop with his new 911 turbo and starts bragging about his Porsche and talking down on my BMW blah blah blah. Well, whatever, I say I really like your 996 and hope to have one some day.

    He replies back with, "It's a 911, you shouldn't talk when you can't get the Porsche basics right." I look at him, the shop owner, and just tried to keep the vomit from coming out.
    Seriously , Porsche drivers are the cockiest people you can meet

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •