Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Ridiculously funny story...to me at least

So one of my employees noticed my car outside and asked if it was mine, I said yes. This sparked a conversation about sports bikes and cars. He then started bragging about how he just bought a hayabusa and how his old Camaro with an LS2 does 9's...right away I doubted him, but I still gave him the benefit of a doubt. I asked him what his trap speed is (I had to explain what that even meant), and he replied 190Click here to enlarge! Haha I told him it was impossible, but he said he would provide proof. I really dislike people like him

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Haha. Well on the plus side you only have two possible options
    1. You get to meet a world record holding racer
    2. You get to hold that insane fish story over his head until he quits

Win Win
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

This is a wonderful situation.

You are his boss, you can ask him for proof and now you are essentially testing his credibility. If he comes out a liar, and he will; he will look bad and you don't have to give him a raise.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    This is a wonderful situation.

You are his boss, you can ask him for proof and now you are essentially testing his credibility. If he comes out a liar, and he will; he will look bad and you don't have to give him a raise.
    I would do that too , i'm a nasty boss Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sharpie12 Click here to enlarge
    So one of my employees noticed my car outside and asked if it was mine, I said yes. This sparked a conversation about sports bikes and cars. He then started bragging about how he just bought a hayabusa and how his old Camaro with an LS2 does 9's...right away I doubted him, but I still gave him the benefit of a doubt. I asked him what his trap speed is (I had to explain what that even meant), and he replied 190Click here to enlarge! Haha I told him it was impossible, but he said he would provide proof. I really dislike people like him
    These are the people I also dislike. They don't even know the basics yet think they are experts.

This is a little different but back in 2001 when I had an E46 M3 I was getting some suspension work done and a guy comes in to the shop with his new 911 turbo and starts bragging about his Porsche and talking down on my BMW blah blah blah. Well, whatever, I say I really like your 996 and hope to have one some day.

He replies back with, "It's a 911, you shouldn't talk when you can't get the Porsche basics right." I look at him, the shop owner, and just tried to keep the vomit from coming out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

^wowsa. The only way to amp that story up would be to find out it was a Boxter
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These are the people I also dislike. They don't even know the basics yet think they are experts.

This is a little different but back in 2001 when I had an E46 M3 I was getting some suspension work done and a guy comes in to the shop with his new 911 turbo and starts bragging about his Porsche and talking down on my BMW blah blah blah. Well, whatever, I say I really like your 996 and hope to have one some day.

He replies back with, "It's a 911, you shouldn't talk when you can't get the Porsche basics right." I look at him, the shop owner, and just tried to keep the vomit from coming out.
    Seriously , Porsche drivers are the cockiest people you can meet