Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Gintani SC track day...w/ no water in cooler

A few weeks ago I went to dinner with a friend on a rainy night. Pulled into parking lot and as i pulled into my space I pulled in to far and the bumper went over parking block, as a result of my looking at the e46 m3 in charcoal next to me, my favorite color. So i backed up, hear a bunch of grinding ect...I shreek and get out to look. My left fender cracked ?! ... realized the parking block pulled so hard on the bottom of the bumper it cause it to press on the fender and cracked it. SUCKS! and bottom of bumper was pulled out a bit.

Two days later was the Streets of Willow Track day i went to... drove the hell out of the car... did 5 sessions on the track ... hit redline line/limiter multiple times. Just a fun track day. Car temps were normal the whole time. Car ran perfect.

A few days later went to do some 60-130 runs... was at gas station to fill up with 2 friends. Went to check water level in cooler... and it was empty... thought "oh crap" ...so went to fill it... wasn't filling...look down and water is streaming down the floor from under the car. So I take the car to Gintani had Alex take a look. Well the night i messed up bumper i had tore a hose or something, im not too technical so dont know exactly... but caused all the water from the cooler to drain.

So Alex had it fixed by the next day...but I just thought what a testament to the quality and tuning of the Gintani Supercharger this was! A full track day with no water in there...and the car never got hot or had any issues or knocking. I believe that says alot!

I would like to say something as well, I recently read something that upset me...someone had said something upsetting about Alex at Gintani, so i would like to say the following:

My father raised me on the premise of "all a man has is his word." To never lie, cheat or steal... and to live honestly with good morals. I try to only associate with people of these values. I consider myself a good judge of character...and Alex is a guy i trust and know doesn't b.s. or lie. He is a very honorable guy and thats why i will always recommend him to anyone and everyone. Both Alex and his brother Arno run a honorable business, and they have taken care of me as a customer. Regardless if I contacted them with question about my car or others, even when it had nothing to do with them or their shop and there was no profit for them, they would be more than happy to help. It is people like this I like to associate myself with and consider more than just business people, they are genuine, quality people. And i will say it is a rare thing to know guys like this. I would put myself and my word on the line for those guys. I would even put my money on the line for them, consider it a sammy warranty.

They make great products that speak for themselves. They do straight and honest business.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good post Sammy, no need to defend Gintani here, good track record.

If you want to let it be known, set up your car in the garage tab above and review Gintani as your vendor!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow thats impressive. i know if i lost water like my car would probably limp. the water runs through stock turbos so without it, only oil is cooling. is it the same with the s/c?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was there with you and Brian at the track that day. You drove the hell out of your car. Very impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats awesom Bro! Gintani sounds like a great company Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is awesome that the kit is that reliable. BUT, it still good/important that the ecu is very adaptive to knock.
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge