Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Gintani Stage 3 Teaser Dyno

Well guys I think it was time to post a little tease for what the stage 3 power level is really at. As far as I know this is an old file dyno and much improvements have been made. This car truely is really nothing less than a monster.

Stage 3 dyno goes up to 5k rpm, the other dyno is stage 1* (I think) and you can already see the vast difference.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thank you for posting , but it would be better if you mentioned what car is that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    thank you for posting , but it would be better if you mentioned what car is that Click here to enlarge
    Tightie's car. built motor, low compression, high boost.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm a little confused here , DLSJ5's car made 5XX on DD and that was Stage2+ but this just makes 487 with stage 3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm a little confused here , DLSJ5's car made 5XX on DD and that was Stage2+ but this just makes 487 with stage 3?
    you have to understand this wasnt even near redline this was halfway only at 5000 rpm. Hence the title its just a teaser.

as far as i worked the math if he kept going till redline i think he could have reached 8XX whp
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    you have to understand this wasnt even near redline this was halfway only at 5000 rpm. Hence the title its just a teaser.
    Good point , i didn't pay attention to that chart

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow, a beast! can't wait to see the final result.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This car isn't being run to redline, it only went up to 5000 rpm. This car is making almost the same power that Drew does at redline at 5xxx rpm.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd Click here to enlarge
    wow, a beast! can't wait to see the final result.
    Me either, not sure what the status is at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We need Gintani to come chime in for us! how is the status for their stage 3!?!!?!!? we see its putting down gobs of power but when will it be finalized?!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i want to see the final results lol
    whats taking so long?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Teasers suck!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    i want to see the final results lol
    whats taking so long?
    This is a good question but they are trying different things. All I can say is be patient, they are the only ones doing a built motor after all. Everybody else abandoning it should tell you how tough it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is a good question but they are trying different things. All I can say is be patient, they are the only ones doing a built motor after all. Everybody else abandoning it should tell you how tough it is.
    Hasn't tightie had his car for some time now. He has been driving it around. I am sure it has been on the dyno numerous times. What kind of hurdles could they be running into?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to be a dick, but when does high HP/boost= only 487 hp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Not to be a dick, but when does high HP/boost= only 487 hp?
    Look at the RPM it was run to, it isn't a full pull.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Hasn't tightie had his car for some time now. He has been driving it around. I am sure it has been on the dyno numerous times. What kind of hurdles could they be running into?
    They are doing different things with different blowers that I can't go into.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    more info now!! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my guess is 720whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The dyno graph looks very wierd. Something similar to using a different pulley to spool earlier.
    Never the less the out come should be awesome and this makes a good option vs getting a HPF car if you in the market for that kind of power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Never the less the out come should be awesome and this makes a good option vs getting a HPF car if you in the market for that kind of power.
    HPF power (more on pump) with a better curve in a newer car with a DCT...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    my guess is 720whp
    Kind of low, don't you think?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    my guess is 720whp
    a little low bro.. here let me put it the way i did it.

y=mx+b
    m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)
    m = (500-200)/(5500-3500)= .15 slope

y-mx=b... therefore 500-.15*5500=b b= -325

so now that we have the y- intercept and slope from 3500 rpm to 5500 we can kinda calculate the hp at 8200 rpm if of course the slope is still the same which i doubt. it will slightly decrease.

y=.15*8200-325

y=880

so the maximum he can reach is 880whp if he still continues that slope all the way to redline.

if i'm wrong somewhere in my calculations please correct me... thanks!
    Last edited by Payam@BMS; 02-06-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    a little low bro.. here let me put it the way i did it.

y=mx+b
    m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)
    m = (500-200)/(5500-3500)= .15 slope

y-mx=b... therefore 500-.15*5500=b b= -325

so now that we have the y- intercept and slope from 3500 rpm to 5500 we can kinda calculate the hp at 8200 rpm if of course the slope is still the same which i doubt. it will slightly decrease.

y=.15*8200-325

y=880

so the maximum he can reach is 880whp if he still continues that slope all the way to redline.

if i'm wrong somewhere in my calculations please correct me... thanks!
    Thats assuming that everything remains constant and max flow/efficiency of motor or blower aren't achieved somewhere before causing diminishing returns with higher RPM. Other thing to look at is that the torque doesnt look like its going to eclipse 550 ft/lbs and that would be a better indicator of the likelihood of power above 5252 as seen in the graph. That being said, Il venture a guess closer to 780 whp based on the characteristics of the previous graph's torque curve and the basic hp x rpm/5252 calculation. Very impressive none-the-less.

At any rate, I cant wait to see the final numbers! What psi is this thing supposed to top off at?
    Last edited by rt turbo; 02-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    At any rate, I cant wait to see the final numbers! What psi is this thing supposed to top off at?
    Good question Click here to enlarge

Can't say...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast