Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    New Amazing V4 Features!

    This is really a step forward! Wait until you read his latest comment. I'm so psyched about this its crazy lol.

    Shiv's Post:



    Surprise

    It's at an early stage if development. We are currently just basing off of actual boost pressure in IC pipe so there is no vaccum reading yet (only boost). But we have recently added the manifold pressure sensor input to the Procede via CAN reading. So we can "merge" the two sensor readings to get a full sweep from 30" of vacuum to 22psi of boost. But this will take a few more days to do. Or maybe more depending on any hang ups.

    More importantly, this reading will eventually be used as the Procede's multifunction display (iat, coolant, oil temp, map selection, ignition advance, meth flow, etc). And we aren't too far away from making it so that you can upload new maps and make user adjustable changes without even using your laptop

    And we are ending the $795 competitive upgrade deal after the next 25 procede units get sold. Sorry guys...

    Cheers
    shiv

    Latest comments:

    Our boost display will be user configurable to display a number of parameters. You will be able to scroll through the different options to see what you want to see. In the case of the boost gauge, I will probably be most useful in peak-hold mode. So that it records max boost (to the nearest .145psi) and displays max boost after your run (displayed in bar). Same goes for IAT, active ignition correction (what what?), active use torque (what what what?) and a number of other parameters. It will also become the interface for conventional (non-automatic) user-adjustable tuning so that no laptop (or dyno for that matter) will be necessary to dial in max power (if that is your goal). You basically dial in your values using + and - buttons on the dash.

    Shiv

    along with the WG duty cycle learning feature already implemented... for all the many people with upgraded turbos, the procede will pretty much automatically tune itself

    I'm pretty happy with it. I should have some more video/info to post towards the end of the week. The reality, as others have pointed out, is that the upper power limits of these cars is largely established regardless of tune. The game has, in my eyes, changed from what tune makes the most power to what tune can make the most power, with the best drivability, with least customer fuss, and with the most flexibility/feature set.

    Shiv

    How sick?! User control on the dash! And omg, IAT, ign correction and active use torque!!
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 03-06-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    too small to be worthwhile IMHO. Its hard enough to see that display when driving, let alone when WOT or going fast..

    ..but then again, i guess not everyone has that problem Click here to enlarge

    but like i said, decent idea. I guess some people have a lot of time on their hands
    it would be highly unsafe to use that while driving at speeds above 60mph. Especialy if your going WOT.

    looks cool yes, good idea yes, functional, no.. how hard did you have to focus on that in just watching the video? and thats with a close-up, using a camera, in a car you are not tryiing to control.. good for people that don't have a guage YET, ok, but not a permanent fix.

    Used for other features, ok.

    I know other tuners are looking into that as well but would rather keep their focus on more important things at the moment, like finishing their tunes and keep the thousands, not just hundreds, of customers satisfied.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 03-06-2010 at 09:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Points
    697.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks awesome. I can't wait for the final release.
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I like the idea, but it's way too small to even matter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    The game has, in my eyes, changed from what tune makes the most power to what tune can make the most power, with the best drivability, with least customer fuss, and with the most flexibility/feature set.
    This is a very good point.... however, it will also be important to see how the tune reacts with supplemental mods (nitrous especially).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    new comments:
    Basically, what we've done is mapped out the DME's ignition advance table (rpm vs. load). And by comparing actual CAN DME ignition advance (from CANbus) to the value in this table, we know the amount of reactive knock retard. And a running average of this value taken during heavy load operation, tells us how aggressive the tune is for the given conditions (fuel quality, ambient tmep, FMIC performance, etc,). By reading this value, we can target a given "aggression" value by having the procede automatically adjust ignition correction. If we reach 0% ignition correction (by running race gas, for instance), the Procede can then start gradually raising boost (user torque) until the desired aggression level is reached. On the other hand, if ignition correction starts to creep upwards and reaches 100% (inadequate fuel/harsh conditions), the Procede will then start to reduce boost until it reaches its desired tune aggression. And these values can be displayed on the screen along with the max boost you want the procede to run during best case (cool conditions, race gas, etc.) scenario.

    Basically, the idea is to eliminate the need to datalog and custom tune your Procede for max safe power. It will basically do what you do when you follow the custom tuning guide (looking for ignition advance drop-outs) under boost. Except it will do this 100% of the time and automaticaly adjust the tune accordingly as conditions change. And it will do this better than you ever could do yourself.

    And duiring all this time, the DME should never see conditions where it is routinely pulling back timing. Just as it should be and like it was when you were running the stock tune on premium fuel. As far as I know, this is the fist time that boost and ignition advance will be autotuned by any aftermarket tuning system. And it means that you can just plug in your tune and simply forget about it and ALWAYS make the maximum power that your mods/conditions will support if you so choose. It's a pretty big deal.

    Shiv

    The speed of autotuning will depend on how long the knock retard running average period is and the "step" size of the resultant ignition correction/user torque adjustment. We want to keep things slow enough to keep the system stable. But fast enoough to keep the auto tune responsive to changes in fuel, condition, use, etc. Interesting enough, the logic here is nearly identical to closed loop boost control. But now we can call it closed loop Tune control I guess. I'll have some more data and test results (dyno) to post next week illustrating how this works.

    It's similar to what goes on in the DME in that it applies long term timing trims. But dissimiliar in that it will also apply long-term boost trims when timing adjustment range is maxed out in either direction.

    Shiv

    In the case of meth mapping, the extra boost and timing be induced immediately as the meth flow value increases. This has nothing to do with auto-tuning. The auto-tuning system would be too unstable if we made it quick enough to adapt to transitional changes like this. Instead it will always be running in the background adjusting ignition correction and user torque gradually depending on knock activity (or lack thereof). Think of it as long term corrections. In this case, "long term" will probably mean a few 3rd or 4th gear pulls. Pretty quick.

    Shiv
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    199.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow. The PROcede is REALLY getting high tech. Great news.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Got PSI Click here to enlarge
    Wow. The PROcede is REALLY getting high tech. Great news.
    its a shame all that "high tech-ness" can't solve the misfiring issues. Shiv needs to fix tuning problems before moving onto more "features". People buy the product for the tune, features are extra's.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its a shame all that "high tech-ness" can't solve the misfiring issues. Shiv needs to fix tuning problems before moving onto more "features". People buy the product for the tune, features are extra's.
    There is some truth to this.

    I would argue that he needs the extra features to justify the price difference.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its a shame all that "high tech-ness" can't solve the misfiring issues. Shiv needs to fix tuning problems before moving onto more "features". People buy the product for the tune, features are extra's.
    where do you get at saying the procede has misfiring issues/tuning problems? how absurd. sure, the forums show that some users have had problems, but have there been zero user complaints/issues with the JB? get real. and on top of that, we both know most of the problems are a result of an improper installation or improper uploading of firmware/maps. I usually applaud your posts and comments but this one just seems like you want to either: a) bash shiv or b) always have to make the JB look better than the procede.

    cant we all just get along (tunes) ? if you're dieing to see the difference the dyno isnt the place. go actually race a procede car. or any other 335i for that matter.

    if you're anywhere near florida PM me Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    where do you get at saying the procede has misfiring issues/tuning problems? how absurd. sure, the forums show that some users have had problems, but have there been zero user complaints/issues with the JB? get real. and on top of that, we both know most of the problems are a result of an improper installation or improper uploading of firmware/maps. I usually applaud your posts and comments but this one just seems like you want to either: a) bash shiv or b) always have to make the JB look better than the procede.

    cant we all just get along (tunes) ? if you're dieing to see the difference the dyno isnt the place. go actually race a procede car. or any other 335i for that matter.

    if you're anywhere near florida PM me Click here to enlarge
    Pm's are a great place to get info from people tht wont post that up on "his" site. dyno's tell a good piece of the story, but not the whole story, as track times and rolling runs do. and we know what the outcome of that would be 99% of the time. would be fun if i was close though. Ill run any car, but all but 2 people i know run the JB. And we plan on hiiting up some runs soon, and would have by now but life gets in the sometimes . but if you monitor other forums, you would see that i have records in sight. i just need to get there to do it. and yes i do take jabs at it sice i see a major flaw, being that the actual tune is more important than its accessories but that is what every thread is about.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 03-10-2010 at 11:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Pm's are a great place to get info from people tht wont post that up on "his" site. dyno's tell a good piece of the story, but not the whole story, as track times and rolling runs do. and we know what the outcome of that would be 99% of the time. would be fun if i was close though. Ill run any car, but all but 2 people i know run the JB. And we plan on hiiting up some runs soon, and would have by now but life gets in the sometimes . but if you monitor other forums, you would see that i have records in sight. i just need to get there to do it. and yes i do take jabs at it sice i see a major flaw, being that the actual tune is more important than its accessories but that is what every thread is about.
    sly reply, i can only see you're talking about peak power. good luck on stock chra's, I wont have them for long Click here to enlarge BTW, I'm not saying I'm faster than you, not by a long shot, my stockers are dieing... what I'm saying is drivability, features and convienience is what also make a tune (in addition to high hp numbers). The JB product line really did step up with the 2.0 I was really impressed with some of the datalogs terry posted and some of the info as well. The procede is breaking out from what I can see. I hope terry has something up his sleeve Click here to enlarge.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Im not here to start anuther Vs thread, just posting my views on the "features" the onlything jb was behind in was driveability, and that has been rectified. so now, both tunes being equal onthat, leaves power, and one is still stronger than the other. if ur running stg 3or 4 (+) then you want an increase in power, the main reason behind buying a tune. features is the last thing on the list, for me anyway. they are nice but just extra's. i dont need an inferior boost guage, or speed delim. I do need a car that is tuned properly w/o misfires. i do need a tune that is backed by outstanding customer service. I dont need datalog, but it is nice. I aswell will be upgrading turbo's as soon as a viable solution to ALL KNOWN problems are addressed, (RB). This is OT, but i contacted tial after JP posted about his project and they told me to go to FP. Thats kinda strange. So what im basically saying is that feautres are great once you have a solid base. I my POV, Vishnu is moving forward, yes. But has not rectified its flaws first, establishing that solid base. Which makes extra "features" just a marketing gimmick to justify buying what is a,for the lack of a better word, inferior tune.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 03-11-2010 at 07:58 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Points
    8,872.8
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    89


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    The procede is breaking out from what I can see. I hope terry has something up his sleeve Click here to enlarge.
    Somehow we always manage to do OK. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-11-2010 at 08:12 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    109
    Rep Points
    23.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    So what im basically saying is that feautres are great once you have a solid base. I my POV, Vishnu is moving forward, yes. But has not rectified its flaws first, establishing that solid base. Which makes extra "features" just a marketing gimmick to justify buying what is a,for the lack of a better word, inferior tune.
    +1

    Well said!
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

    Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Im not here to start anuther Vs thread, just posting my views on the "features" the onlything jb was behind in was driveability, and that has been rectified. so now, both tunes being equal onthat, leaves power, and one is still stronger than the other. if ur running stg 3or 4 (+) then you want an increase in power, the main reason behind buying a tune. features is the last thing on the list, for me anyway. they are nice but just extra's. i dont need an inferior boost guage, or speed delim. I do need a car that is tuned properly w/o misfires. i do need a tune that is backed by outstanding customer service. I dont need datalog, but it is nice. I aswell will be upgrading turbo's as soon as a viable solution to ALL KNOWN problems are addressed, (RB). This is OT, but i contacted tial after JP posted about his project and they told me to go to FP. Thats kinda strange. So what im basically saying is that feautres are great once you have a solid base. I my POV, Vishnu is moving forward, yes. But has not rectified its flaws first, establishing that solid base. Which makes extra "features" just a marketing gimmick to justify buying what is a,for the lack of a better word, inferior tune.
    i'd love to know what research or info you've gotten that says misfires are a common issue on a procede tuned car. countless user reviews have been written, both procede and JB alike, in positive natures.

    I also do not want to start a v4 vs jb thread, but how is the procede inferior? whats inferior about it? one thread i saw shows the boards together, its board is much more complex, including electronic devices such as signal conditioning and of course CANbus integration. whats inferior? if you again refer to "mis-fireing" im done with this thread. if you again say that it has to fix its' base ' and its 'flaws' you have one of the hardest heads ive seen in a while. you cannot seem to give credit where its due, which is in another tune than your own. i have not yet said one negative thing about the JB line, NOT ONE. I've only complimented JB and compared procede features. Now, with the procede coming out with "auto-tune" USER error (resulting in possible misfires and boost oscillation) is a thing of the past. The car will auto tune itself to max power. at least thats what i am getting from shivs comments. so now that the variable of user error is gone, i highly doubt we will be hearing another procede thread with a 'problem'.

    every time the JB has shown a new interesting feature or update, I'm in that thread congratulating terry, why cant you seem to do the same? why do you have such a vendetta against shiv or the procede tune?

    on another note: good luck on your FP turbos, i also find it interesting EPL would have you go to FP?
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 03-12-2010 at 01:22 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i'd love to know what research or info you've gotten that says misfires are a common issue on a procede tuned car. countless user reviews have been written, both procede and JB alike, in positive natures.

    I also do not want to start a v4 vs jb thread, but how is the procede inferior? whats inferior about it? one thread i saw shows the boards together, its board is much more complex, including electronic devices such as signal conditioning and of course CANbus integration. whats inferior? if you again refer to "mis-fireing" im done with this thread. if you again say that it has to fix its' base ' and its 'flaws' you have one of the hardest heads ive seen in a while. you cannot seem to give credit where its due, which is in another tune than your own. i have not yet said one negative thing about the JB line, NOT ONE. I've only complimented JB and compared procede features. Now, with the procede coming out with "auto-tune" USER error (resulting in possible misfires and boost oscillation) is a thing of the past. The car will auto tune itself to max power. at least thats what i am getting from shivs comments. so now that the variable of user error is gone, i highly doubt we will be hearing another procede thread with a 'problem'.

    every time the JB has shown a new interesting feature or update, I'm in that thread congratulating terry, why cant you seem to do the same? why do you have such a vendetta against shiv or the procede tune?

    on another note: good luck on your FP turbos, i also find it interesting EPL would have you go to FP?
    oh, where do i start?

    1. this CAN talk, you realize its just what, 2 wires?
    2. the people with the problems are not allowed to post over there, and the ones that do, get deleted. lets not go into that topic. Just know that people have made the switch because they couldn't, not misfire.
    3 the tune is ok, but it is flawed Click here to enlarge
    4 i don't hate on PROcede users, they have their reasons and I am friends with the few that are near me.
    5.because 1 board is more "complex" than another is not really the best way to judge. I have faith in BMW tuning abilities. so allowing a tune that goes along with that, to me is smarter. BUT not why we are here.
    I do NOT feel comfortable having someone else think they are smarter than BMW and have too many signals going into the DME.. let one of them be wrong/misinterpretted/miscalculated. Its good in theory, but not practical in this case. I would prefer no prior history tuning a new platform and then proving themselves to be better at it, which one company has/is doing. Vice a longer history of tuning (Sub's, Evo's. etc..) with mediocre and dare i say even disasterious results for some (remember V2)...?

    this is about its features, and 1 feature they are lacking is credible, reliable, customer service.

    But, i don't think this is up-to-date, are they still pursuing these or did they forget about it and just move onto N20 now because thats what the competition did?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    47.6
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    oh, where do i start?

    1. this CAN talk, you realize its just what, 2 wires?
    2. the people with the problems are not allowed to post over there, and the ones that do, get deleted. lets not go into that topic. Just know that people have made the switch because they couldn't, not misfire.
    3 the tune is ok, but it is flawed Click here to enlarge
    4 i don't hate on PROcede users, they have their reasons and I am friends with the few that are near me.
    5.because 1 board is more "complex" than another is not really the best way to judge. I have faith in BMW tuning abilities. so allowing a tune that goes along with that, to me is smarter. BUT not why we are here.
    I do NOT feel comfortable having someone else think they are smarter than BMW and have too many signals going into the DME.. let one of them be wrong/misinterpretted/miscalculated. Its good in theory, but not practical in this case. I would prefer no prior history tuning a new platform and then proving themselves to be better at it, which one company has/is doing. Vice a longer history of tuning (Sub's, Evo's. etc..) with mediocre and dare i say even disasterious results for some (remember V2)...?

    this is about its features, and 1 feature they are lacking is credible, reliable, customer service.

    But, i don't think this is up-to-date, are they still pursuing these or did they forget about it and just move onto N20 now because thats what the competition did?
    So in summary:

    You don't understand how it works. But you perceive it to work differently than the DME which means that you think it's terrible. You think I think that i'm smarter than the powertrain engineers at BMW. And you think it "puts too many signals into the DME."

    Before we go on, do you know why the CAN interface only involves two wire taps? (your point #1)

    Shiv

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    your right, you interpreted what i said 100% correct. I love having the correct information so please enlighten me on what i have incorrect. which I'm sure is a lot.

    thanks in advance Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    47.6
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Seriously, I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe if you had a question in particular, you could ask it. And i'd be happy to answer.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ok, CAN integration and why its only 2 wires would be a good start point

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    47.6
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ok, CAN integration and why its only 2 wires would be a good start point
    Because the CAN network only consists of 2 wires: CAN+ and CAN-. On this network, there is a ton of info circulating between all the different electronic modules. Each packet of information (rpm, ign advance, oil temp, coolant temp, knock status, fuel trim, afr, etc,.) is all identified by a specific ID value. So that each module in the network knows what it is reading. All this info is circulating around the network at a very high baud rate which makes it viable alternative to physically tapping into a signal wire. Especially when much of that data is computational and not basic sensor data. So wire tapping is not an alternative. And even if it were, you'd need a tuning computer with several times as many digital and analog I/O that what is currently available.

    So what the Procede does is become a node on this network. Which means all this data travels through the Procede's CAN hardware. The Procede can then read any bit of data that flow through it. Which allows it to make computational decisions it simply couldn't make otherwise. It knows things like actual ignition timing. Actual throttle blade angle. Boost target, actual boost, engine oii/coolant temps, fuel trims, AFR, etc,. This which non-CAN based piggybacks simply aren't able to read.

    So to address your concern about the Procede "sending too much info into the DME", please understand that our CAN interface is a Read-Only system. It does not "inject" info into the CAN network. It simply reads/monitors it and then adjusts it's outputs accordingly. And these outputs are no different what is employed by a host of other piggybacks. It's just that the outputs are based on a more advanced and "smarter" level of computational logic.

    The only Write commands that are executed by the Procede have to do with diagnostics (code reading/clearing).

    Hope that clarifies things.

    Shiv

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    it does, that may be the first thing you wrote that I actually understand.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Points
    2,462.7
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    it does, that may be the first thing you wrote that I actually understand.
    LostMarine, I normally agree with most of what you say, but seriously, what are you trying to accomplish by making these statements?

    Yes, the CAN integration is two wires.. Does it matter how many wires it is? If it was 4 wires would that make it somehow better? Or is it just something that you're looking to belittle even though there is no factual bearing on what you say? No control of your logic? Thats just useless. You realize that its a network and not just two wires going to one place like your electrical outlet. Look at a telephone wire. Dialup internet for instance can send at a very high frequency over a single set of two wires alone. And its not like its walkie talkies or something as belittled as you make it out to seem. I don't really care so much for all these features either, however they never hurt anyone, and I've never had a misfiring problem and after having been on the boards I've seen just as many issues with the jb as I have the procede. I don't come in here talking about how the jb3 is this or that now do I? I could say the JB3 pushes unsafe limits and has no regard for safety and all this other crap but its unfounded and likely not a wide spread problem. Being at the forefront of 'power' you're most likely to be the first to break anyway so don't toot your horn for too long. Just thank the durability of the N54 before you take that as your own praise. I could easily come in here and say BMS went with this tuning thing and they are just copying vishnu, but I don't... Why? Because its not necessary and I don't need to compensate. Just leave the information for what it is. sheesh. Civilized people, seriously.

    EDIT: Here is a good example while we are spiting each other. The JB3 has less inputs of information therefore its making blind power and blindly making power is bad and will do terrible things to your motor potentially. How about that for unfounded information? Was this necessary I say this? Nope. But I'm making a stab just like you why? Ask yourself that.

    For example. At my job there was this kid that came in and started leading the sales room being #1 every week. And my boss asked me, "How can someone come in here with no experience, not even knowing what to say and lead the sales numbers?" So I asked him, "If he doesn't know what to say... What do you think he IS telling the clients then?"

    So my blanket statement in reply to your accusation that procedes make all cars misfire although it doesn't, is that you abuse your car by running a simple box with wires.
    Last edited by klipseracer; 03-30-2010 at 03:33 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Im only asking questions. Usually he responds with less than useful remarks so I am glad to see he is actually answering my "simple minded" queries.
    I don't believe I brought up any other tune in this convo, i just responded voice some thoughts about the tune on topic.
    Also, the "complexity" and value of a tune justified by the percieved "complexity" of said tune voiced by oddjob is the issue that sparked that remark
    I didn't say EVERY procede misfires, but the fact that it was said to be fixed and has not is what caused my expressions.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 03-30-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •