Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

One M6's Evolution Leading up to G Power

Good evening everyone! I figured I’d share a project of ours that is coming to a close soon. . .well at least this phase of the project.

The subject car is a 2007 E63 M6, which came to us fairly stock. . .and has undergone a transformation in the past 3 weeks.

Earlier in the year, we did some HRE 890R wheels for a customer, not knowing what would ensue later. Here’s a picture after just getting the wheels mounted, while the ride height was still stock on this M6.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I guess you can say, the mod bug bit, and bit HARD for this owner. KW Variant 3 coilovers were ordered just after getting the wheels on, realizing the M6 was riding more like a 4X4 truck rather than a proper sports/GT car should. Here we are, just wrapping up the install and getting the ride height dialed in.

Click here to enlarge

Now the car is looking great – some nice wheels and the right drop to set them off. We were now done, or so we thought. Next up was ordering a Vorsteiner bootlid; it was time for a little more aesthetic enhancement. Loving the way the CSL trunklid looked on the E46, the customer HAD to have this trunk in carbon fiber for his own car. Just after arriving, here sits the trunk in our lounge.

Click here to enlarge

Now we’re waiting to take the trunk to the paint shop, to get it painted Silverstone, and leave the lip of the trunk that pretty plain weave carbon, just like the roof. Change of heart. “How does flat black sound?” asks our customer. He was wanting a change. . .something to give the car a totally new look. Along with wrapping the entire car flat black, we were asked to painstakingly disassemble each wheel bolt by bolt and have the lip, face, and barrel powdercoated flat black to match the car. The wheels were done before the car was, they came out absolutely awesome!

Click here to enlarge

With the wrap nearing completion, we were now ready for a bit more sound from the exhaust system. Something exotic and different; something that would match this project perfect. The customer is a very particular person and had simple requirements from an exhaust system. It must be lightweight, not too loud and boomy, and MUST have fitment 100% perfect – no exceptions. The choice was obvious; Akrapovic. We now had a deadline looming of an upcoming show at our shop, that we really wanted the car to “debut” at. We rushed our order from Akrapovic, and our jaws dropped when it arrived. . .

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

We knew it was a nice exhaust system, we knew it supposedly fits well, and we knew it was all titanium and VERY lightweight. We just didn’t know HOW nice, HOW light, and HOW well it fits until opening the box and putting it on the car. This is
    a “PSI” style exhaust. There’s a great deal of pomp & circumstance to installing it. There is special copper anti-seize for all bolts, and ceramic grease for the pipes to fit together. Torque specifications are provided for every single bolt you touch and a very detailed manual explaining everything. Yes, it bolts right on, and we’ve literally hundreds of exhaust systems without need for instruction, but you just WANT to follow these because you realize. . .it’s the way it should be; especially for a premium system like this one.

Here is the view very few will ever see of this exhaust in person. The wrap is visible as well.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

As an even more last minute decision, a Brembo big brake upgrade was fitted just before the wheels went back on. When the car started to go back together from having everything wrapped, the customer told us he was also wanting the LCI lights – headlights, front turn signals, and tail lights to complete the refresh. Here is how we sit today.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The M6 is now a completely different car than the one that came in to begin with, but the project is not yet over. The next phase will be a G Power SK-II kit along with Agency Power headers, as well as some more Vorsteiner dress-up.

We're doing something a bit different for this installation as far as coverage, so be sure to keep an eye out for when we start the build in the next couple days!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
    The next phase will be a G Power SK-II kit along with Agency Power headers, as well as some more Vorsteiner dress-up.

We're doing something a bit different for this installation as far as coverage, so be sure to keep an eye out for when we start the build in the next couple days!
    This is the part we are definitely anticipating. Has this already started with the car or is just set to begin?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We inventoried the kit tonight at the shop, which is pretty much the final thing we do before physically starting the installation.

We're going to be setting up cameras for the installation as well within the next day or so, then it's go time. . .expect there to be an update this weekend most likely with tear-down pictures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

in for updates, this thing looks legit
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Figured I'd toss these pictures in this thread too, to hold some of you over until the build pictures come rolling in.

We had G Power do the chargers in flat black for us, looks pretty slick:
    Click here to enlarge

Carbon fiber airboxes, absolutely 100% perfect weave here, no games:
    Click here to enlarge

Signature orange plenums. . .these might be changing color; we'll see:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh goodness.........I am very, very jealous. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Changing the color on the plenums would be awesome although black may not stand out.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well, they wouldn't be black if we did change them.

We were thinking possibly of making them Silverstone, which was the original color of the car, along with doing the Brembos also that color. We'll see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
    Well, they wouldn't be black if we did change them.

We were thinking possibly of making them Silverstone, which was the original color of the car, along with doing the Brembos also that color. We'll see.
    Silverstone would be a great choice which would contrast well.

Whatever you guys do will be great obviously, would just be cool to see something different than the Orange.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I'd love to do something different than the orange, trust me. . .but unfortunately if G-Power really feels against it, as the orange is their signature, I may have to respect their wishes. I'm sure they'll be game for something a little different too, though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I'd love to do something different than the orange, trust me. . .but unfortunately if G-Power really feels against it, as the orange is their signature, I may have to respect their wishes. I'm sure they'll be game for something a little different too, though.
    I do not understand why how G-power feels about the color would matter if the plenums no longer belong to them? Can't the owner do whatever he wants with them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

wow great stuff this owner gotta be into this for huge money!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

man oh man, sub'd
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

that's why i really really like PSI works , pics with every details
    big waves from Iran

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good stuff. Where is PSI located?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff. Where is PSI located?
    We're in Orlando, FL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I do not understand why how G-power feels about the color would matter if the plenums no longer belong to them? Can't the owner do whatever he wants with them?
    I could see if G Power sponsored the car, but it looks like customer is footing the bill, so he should be able to paint it Suzie Korman pink if he wants to. nice M6!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Subscribed as well. Epic build
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Any updates about this car?
    or Steven's M6?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Bump...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hey everyone. . .I am SO sorry I've not been active whatsoever on here in some time, but we've been slammed at the shop, and it's been all hands on deck.

This M6 has been done for some time. . .engine-wise, but now we're just waiting to get the customer's LCI headlights to work with the 2007 harness; proving to be a much bigger pain than we thought. I really didn't get too many more pictures along the way of the build but YES the cameras were rolling, and there will be a time lapse of this soon. Hoping to get some dyno numbers as well.

Look out for me being MUCH more active on the site again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Hey everyone. . .I am SO sorry I've not been active whatsoever on here in some time, but we've been slammed at the shop, and it's been all hands on deck.
    Understandable, no worries.

Look out for me being MUCH more active on the site again.
    We hope so, good place to start is with this M6 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Yea, that M6 is beautiful. Any dyno runs or anything lately?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

No dyno runs. . . yet.

And Sticky, we have an announcement of a project we're going to make on the forum here within the next few days. It's something I'm not sure has been done yet in the BMW world. It's nothing really "earth-shattering," but we're pretty proud of it. It's also very pertinent to this forum name as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

And Sticky, we have an announcement of a project we're going to make on the forum here within the next few days. It's something I'm not sure has been done yet in the BMW world. It's nothing really "earth-shattering," but we're pretty proud of it. It's also very pertinent to this forum name as well.
    E-mail me or PM me with any details to coordinate the announcement properly.

I'm not sure what it is but if it hasn't been done yet, it is definitely big in our eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast