Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Vid+Pic of Full Tecnocraft Envy System Dyno

Hey guys,

So here is the dyno results i promised. There's a good and bad about this dyno.

Let me first point out that, yes, this dyno maybe skewed because i did NOT dyno a stock dyno and an after dyno ON THE SAME DAY! yes i know it is NOT that accurate but imo, its good enough for me.

So, the bad. I LOST 5whp. Yes sir. LOST. SUCKS!!!! Click here to enlarge I had 310whp before. Now its dynoing about 305whp

Stock Dyno results:

Click here to enlarge

Stock dyno thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337047

After Dyno results:

Click here to enlarge

Videos:

Now the GOOD! Gintani was pretty puzzled by this as well so, Alex decided to pull out the A/F ratio while he was dyno'ing and his gut was right. YEAHHH for ALEX!! Click here to enlarge Stock A/F is 14.1 ish and now my A/F is around 12 ish:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Sooo, its fixable! PHEW!!! So, now the question is how much will this ENVY gain with a TUNE?!?! I dont think i can answer that question cause ill probably be getting a tune after my exhaust. i hope someone steps up and does it tho. Im guessing tecnocraft will Click here to enlarge

So yea, its not what i expected but meh! BUT!!! The WHOLE system looks SICK!!!!! I got the headlight covers and the left passenger cover as well.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Again, Thanks to ERIC@PYSPEED and KING@TECNOCRAFT for getting me these piece so quickly so i could have them this past weekend for WEKFEST!

Ed Lin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice but wow dude epic carbonfiber engine bay lol
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've seen your car at Gintani, nice Click here to enlarge

Thanks for posting your results, appreciated!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NIce Job Brother!

Get your exhaust then get a Gintani Tune I am 100% you will not be sorry and will be so happy with all the extra pwr.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course, running richer can make less power when talking non FI. BTW, is the s65 direct fuel injection?? If so, then it can run at ~14.0AFRs...
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    Of course, running richer can make less power when talking non FI. BTW, is the s65 direct fuel injection?? If so, then it can run at ~14.0AFRs...

The S65 is not direct injection... thank God Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Firstly, that is one of the sexiest engine bays I have EVER seen! Drewllllllll!

Now, I am a little confused... it looks like your stock dyno and your modded dyno are both at Gintani no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S65 is not direct injection... thank God Click here to enlarge
    Ummm, have you read on how great direct injection is?!?!? I know for modding it sucks right now, but i'm sure peopel will start figuring out how to replace the injectors or rebuild them for more flow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Ummm, have you read on how great direct injection is?!?!? I know for modding it sucks right now, but i'm sure peopel will start figuring out how to replace the injectors or rebuild them for more flow
    It's overhyped man...

You don't need it for performance, it is pushed due to the fuel economy and efficiency reasons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's overhyped man...

You don't need it for performance, it is pushed due to the fuel economy and efficiency reasons.
    perfect response. all i would add is proof from HPF on their N54 tuning. They say for stage 3(their most powerful atm), a new low pressure fuel system will probably be used. While stage 2 retains the factory fuel system with added injection into a new intake mani.

btw, what do you s/c m3's get for millage? hwy i mean. im looking at 27mpg tuned, if i try for it. thanks do the DI ofc. and lean-run cruise mode Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Probably single digits Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on the frwy back from fomosa i averaged around 25mpg and if i drive like a weenie in the city i get around 18...but that hardly happens
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It looks like King@tecnocraft is doing some more dynos and will be posting that info either this week or next. Here is his posting from Mfest forum:

Just got back from multiple back-to-back dyno tests this week on the system with very interesting, but explainable results.

"The testing was done independently at Autowave, Inc. (Huntington Beach) with two ///M owners, strangers, I've never met before in my life who had volunteered for dyno testing of the complete ENVY intake system. I have to personally thank Mike@Autowave, also a first time meet) for all of his insight and expertise on the dyno, hints, tips, tricks, explanations and exhaustive experience on his DYNODYNAMICS (he has been dyno'ing since 2001).

Another shout out to Betim@BBI for personally observing the installs, performing the install on one vehicle himself for his very first time, and to provide support as the shop next door. Another shout out to Mitch@FamousAuto for his observance on other dyno days with the system as well. All of us, including shop foreman, tuners and customers went over procedures together as to both make efficient use of dyno time at every location this intake system has been dyno'd on.

As a welcome, PowerChip had decided to throw themselves into the frying pan with tuning development on top of the intake system in vital stages since the community was also calling for some type of tuning development and had "what if's" about pairing the system with tunes. Interesting results were found here as well.

I would like to throw out a few things for myself:

-I've personally now observed at least 65+ hours of dyno development time with multiple E9X ///M3s, with every variation of ENVY intake system possible from its first dyno to its last.
    -I'm doing my best to provide non-biased feedback of the system, even when all of you know I'm Tecnocraft PR. I'm also not shy on the dyno and completely love public interaction with the intake system, surrounded by the car owners, observers, independent shop management. I am striving to provide internal, yet independent thoughts on an intake system Tecnocraft makes, and if I'm able to answer any questions, shoot at me and I'll do the best with what I've picked up.
    -Every single dyno I've seen the ENVY system perform on has been on a DYNODYNAMICS for consistency, yes the heartbreaker, load-bearing dyno. Again, I have to thank and completely appreciate Alex@Gintani and Mike@Autowave for their time and overtime on their own dynos - they could literally care less about what the intake system does and have NO PROBLEMS voicing their opinions about an NA upgrade! Click here to enlarge
    -I'm very, very sleepy. The Tecnocraft mug has been filled twice since this post.
    -I've also been recommended by nearly everyone to observe the cars doing 60-130mphs with 'VBoxes' and 'BavTech' cables...so we're not completely done yet, which is a plus.

I'll be compiling the data to be presentable and understandable in the next few days, so I'm definitely going to be pulling the patience rope on the community. The feedback from customers, shop foreman that we've dealt with, tuners, and our own dev guys have to ALL make sense in complete review of this performance system. I foresee myself sitting in a conference room for hours trying to go through all my notes..."

Ed Lin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Very interesting.... keeup us updated.

Autowave corrects their dyno to not be a hearbreakter Click here to enlarge