Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you DFBIU.

The ideal solution: Energy generated on site by geo-thermal, wind, solar, water, kinetic movement. This can be stored as electricity and then passed onto an electric car. In this sense it would be more "green", but you would still have to deal with creating the product and the waste left over when it is out of it's useful service life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Thank you DFBIU.

The ideal solution: Energy generated on site by geo-thermal, wind, solar, water, kinetic movement. This can be stored as electricity and then passed onto an electric car. In this sense it would be more "green", but you would still have to deal with creating the product and the waste left over when it is out of it's useful service life.
    If someone goes through the trouble of generating the electricity so inefficiently he should probably not waste the good electricity in a car at all Click here to enlarge Walking would be way better...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The human body is very efficient. Problem is it would take me 3 days to get to work if I had to walk.

So therein lies the problem.

Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In US where the electricity generation is inefficient, electric cars are not environmentally friendly since the last electricity that needs to be generated for this new purpose will be generated in the inefficient power plants by burning coal.

In some other countries the electric cars are more environmentally competitive.

I am an environmentalist having cars that consume a lot of gas and driving them way less than an average person drives per year Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Electric cars that are made out animal feces and run off of sunlight would be the environmentally friendly thing to do, of course. But it's just not feasible for the 1.5 billion car owners in the world.

There definitely are environmental methods for transportation, it's whether people are willing to live with those methods, and how much are they willing to pay.

I for one, am not willing to live with fecal cars and paying more to go slower.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    The human body is very efficient. Problem is it would take me 3 days to get to work if I had to walk.

So therein lies the problem.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Your body would need to be very efficient indeed since you'd need to do the week's work in one day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My point is, if everything was powered by "clean" energy, and we had enough of it, we could waste as much as we want and not hurt anything. The only thing that might hurt is the manufacturing of the products, but that is there either way.

I understand the solution is far more difficult to achieve than I make it sound, but theoretically it makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everytime you fart, you lower the earths lifespan by 22 years.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everytime you fart, you lower the earths lifespan by 22 years.
    Yeah I just saw that on the news. Every time I fart I'm going to pass it through a methane catalyst and route some of it back into my mouth. It may hurt my body's performance but as long as the Earth is happy, I'm happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I just saw that on the news. Every time I fart I'm going to pass it through a methane catalyst and route some of it back into my mouth. It may hurt my body's performance but as long as the Earth is happy, I'm happy.

hahahaha...

Since we produce Urea, we can have Urea injected catalytic converters like diesel engines strapped to our $#@!s, so we can have like the cleanest mother $#@!ing farts on the planet.

Those chinese farts, ewww... Like when I fly in to Beijing I see a huge cloud of uncleansed fart. They are so dirty!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no idea what you people are talking about any longer.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Since we produce Urea, we can have Urea injected catalytic converters like diesel engines strapped to our $#@!s, so we can have like the cleanest mother $#@!ing farts on the planet.
    Click here to enlarge you made my day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    overall i believe Hydrogen is the future ,not lame hybrids or dirty ass diesel. Electric are so $#@! so i don't say anything about them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    overall i believe Hydrogen is the future ,not lame hybrids or dirty ass diesel. Electric are so $#@! so i don't say anything about them
    Just curious, why do you say they are $#@!? Electric motors have improved a variety of mechanical systems, not to mention they are much more efficient than internal combustion engines.

(less waste heat, less moving parts, more power output per power input)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Coal firing power plants' efficiency is around 31%. Add electricity network losses and the fact that electric motors are below 100% efficiency as well, so looking at the whole chain the efficiency of a 3-cyl BMW diesel engine is way better than electric cars'.

Hydrogen is the worst of all since you need to first generate the electricty to produce hydrogen, so there are eve more losses accumulating along the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone considered walking?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you DFBIU.

If you generate the electricity this way the best thing to do is to replace the coal firing CO2 emitting electricity production by using the electricity to decrease the consumption which automatically decreases the coal firing plant electricity generation, since the variable costs of it is the highest and it will be decreased the first. After you have used all the electricity to cover your electricity consumption you should seek ways to charge that to the network for others to use and replace coal firing electricity generation. Continue puting gas into your tank since looking at the big picture, internal combustion engine is very efficient.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone considered walking?
    Yes, DBFIU and myself with different outcomes due to the existing choice of home location that in my case is more environmentally friendly Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man electricity is generated by Solar , water , wind ... but %50 of electricity comes from coal , and i don't think it's going to change until 2030.
    ok you don't care about enviorment and all you care is running cost ,but in some countries electricity is quite pricey , so if you are thinking about price ,EV isn't your option since they are very expensive cars
    Anyway You got your EV
    First you had to recharge your car 8 hours on the electricity ,it is so long. it's morning and you are late ,you want to get to work as fast as it's possible so you fire your EV car and drive really fast. you are quite sure that with this pace your can get to work because in brouchore it is said the range is 100 km and you are just 50km far from work. But eventully in middle of way batteries are discharged which is a common thing for EV owners. nothing so bad about it , every other cars can be out of fuel im middle of way but here is the problem , in normal cars you can get some fuel from other cars. but how do you want to get help from others people with an EV car? by gallon? i'm sure they will be some one way to solve this problem but charging for a short period of time is really harmfull for your expensive batteries , this problem will be solved as well ,i'm sure, but not now man , in future.
    other problem is weight , Batteries are really heavy , enough heavy to turn a brilliant sports car (Elise) to a pig (Tesla)
    Electric cars have a long way to go , and they are only just begining.
    All everyone says is it WILL be fixed , it WILL be lighter ... we don't need a thing that WILL be good in future ,we need something that is good in present.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Coal firing power plants' efficiency is around 31%. Add electricity network losses and the fact that electric motors are below 100% efficiency as well, so looking at the whole chain the efficiency of a 3-cyl BMW diesel engine is way better than electric cars'.

Hydrogen is the worst of all since you need to first generate the electricty to produce hydrogen, so there are eve more losses accumulating along the way.
    Exactly.

Basically electric cars are perfect for stopping harmful emissions. We just need a naturally generated electrical grid. I don't think the government puts enough thought into this....

Oh, and $#@! nuclear power. Yeah, let's bury giant containers of radioactive, ionizing waste underground that has a half-life of a million years, that's safe and green.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want a nuclear powered car.

Fill up every 50 years!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want a nuclear powered car.

Fill up every 50 years!
    Probably a lot of fun in accidents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I'm done with my car, I'm taking a break from BMW for a while.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Probably a lot of fun in accidents.
    Instead of catching on fire from gasoline, youll just melt to death over the course of a few months due to radiation.

Lulz

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Instead of catching on fire from gasoline, youll just melt to death over the course of a few months due to radiation.

Lulz
    Since it is ionizing it will actually stir up and mutate your DNA. Your cells will begin doing strange $#@!, such as rapid multiplication, attack the wrong/friendly cells, not self destruct, etc.

Cancer and tumors are fun. How about genetic birth defects for life?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast