Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Do you realize just how much torque we have..?

Unless you have an LSD installed, I don't think you do!!
    I picked up my car with the newly installed wavetrac in the back.. AMAZING!
    Thats all I can really say about it. I only drove a few miles so far (50) But let me tell you, it really is the second best mod we can do.

Off the line the car just ROCKETS up to speed. the power being put to the pavement, in conjunction with JB of course Click here to enlarge, is great. You really don't know what your missing until you drive the car with one. with 400ft/lb outback and no LSD, in retrospect, its as if we are only using about half of that.
    It pretty wet and cold/freezing out right now so I haven't had a chance to test it in the twisty's yet, but i can assure you, I will put it to the test tomorrow.
    If your on the fence about LSD or not. go ahead and add it to your drug addiction, along with meth Click here to enlarge
    maybe some videos tomorrow since i have new tires just waiting to be put on.
    No more "one tire fire" for ME!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Taking it to the twisties is where it should really show its stuff.

BTW: No install pics? No pricing details? No installation time? No where you got it? Come on, give us the goods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

OK, OK.

No pics as i just dropped it off and let them work their magic. I wish I could have snapped some.

Wavetrac LSD- $1250- purchased through VAC

Installed by VAC Motorsports- EXCELLENT SHOP btw, TOP NOTCH ALL THE WAY. price $870

Install time was about 8-10 hours as these guys really do put the extra effort in. I let them have car for a few days as i wanted it done correctly, the first time. They delivered. These guys even noticed that my aftermarket exhaust had a custom spacer made to keep the exhaust off the actual car, and that the OEM bolts were only being held in by a few threads, of course they replaced these bolts for me at no cost.

I have some driving to do tomorrow, so i would like to make a "wavetrac in action video." We shall see how it goes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nice. Definitely on my list. Was your ring gear welded or bolted?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I have bolted, so it makes it a bit easier and less time consuming. But even if i had a welded, this is the place I would take it. Thier facilities impressed me too much to go anywhere else from now on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

nice, i have a quaife atm. about to change the diff oil soon actually. swapped my welded open diff and pumpkin for his bolted quaife and pumpkin +1k. with a member named o-cha back in late '07. maybe im just too used to it but the linearity of the car makes it seem so slow Click here to enlarge i cant wait for the new chras so i can get a different feeling then slowly dieing turbos lol.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage