Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    this sure as hell throws the notion that ESS is slower out the window....
    ...and Im amazed bc this is without meth or race gas...WOW
    Some of you guys are really thinking that? Use your heads, without meth on pump gas you can't equal the boost that can be run on meth + pump. The drag strip numbers tell the story, this isn't your regular ESS setup.

Mikewads, what was your boost set at for these runs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    it does seem like a wash to me as well
    At similar boost it always will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The boost gauge can be seen clear as day in the video. No change in boost between the nitrous run and supercharger only.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    The boost gauge can be seen clear as day in the video. No change in boost between the nitrous run and supercharger only.
    It can, I was just wondering if your pulley setup changed at all from previous runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Drew, time to go get some Drags tires and run! come on baby!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

6.8 is an amazing time for 93 pump without Meth or NOS ..
    I personally am not surprised at the times either considering I have the same set up and know what it's capability's are ..
    I'm ordering drag radials this coming week to see what numbers me and IMG can pull...

Sick pulls Mike !!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure he was already thinking it. Mike earned this, let's let him enjoy it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Some of you guys are really thinking that? Use your heads, without meth on pump gas you can't equal the boost that can be run on meth + pump. The drag strip numbers tell the story, this isn't your regular ESS setup.

What are you even talking about:
    1. He has a 600 set-up.
    2. Also, that's the exact reason why I am shocked, I AM using my head and finding it funny how a no meth/ pump gas is producing faster times than a meth/higher boost setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nice work Mike, Congrats!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

2. Also, that's the exact reason why I am shocked, I AM using my head and finding it funny how a no meth/ pump gas is producing faster times than a meth/higher boost setup.
    It isn't, why are you dismissing the 1/4 mile times with nitrous vs. the times on boost shown and the real world results? I don't want to make this one vs. the other and to rain on this parade but your conclusion is premature.

1. He has a 600 set-up.
    He has run different pulleys with his setup with nitrous on top of it. As I said, not your standard kit but one being used to push the boundaries, at least from the ESS perspective. He has also done very well but you need to understand the context before declaring something like a pump gas setup is faster than a meth setup, it isn't, hence the trap speeds.

It is not like 60-130's are written in stone, they change based on conditions, traction, weight, etc. What we see here is a great example of someone utilizing their setup to its potential.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I am, Its more than well deserved. His times are insane. He is smashing on others times
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It isn't, why are you dismissing the 1/4 mile times with nitrous vs. the times on boost shown and the real world results? I don't want to make this one vs. the other and to rain on this parade but your conclusion is premature.

He has run different pulleys with his setup with nitrous on top of it. As I said, not your standard kit but one being used to push the boundaries, at least from the ESS perspective. He has also done very well but you need to understand the context before declaring something like a pump gas setup is faster than a meth setup, it isn't, hence the trap speeds.

It is not like 60-130's are written in stone, they change based on conditions, traction, weight, etc. What we see here is a great example of someone utilizing their setup to its potential.
    Ya I don't think he's running a standard VT2-600 I mean cmon didn't the last car with that setup run mid 7's and some have run 8's with slightly less power? I don't buy that this is a standard off the shelf VT2-600 that you can bolt on in your garage. If it was then we would've seen similar numbers a while ago. Regardless its a great time and I'm glad to see these numbers on a car other then the G-power kit running 10-13psi
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

They both put up respectable power but it does not throw that argument into the wind at all. It just shows that 60-130 numbers are affected tremendously by traction and weather just like the drag strip. 60-130 is so new in comparison we do not have rules of thumb or density altitude calculators to use.
    would you say that if it was a gintani car that posted this record??? Any performance measure can be broken down and down and down till you find more reasons why the tests were not equal, there are gintani cars all over the place now and they have the same opportunity to run in cool temps and run with DR and im sure they have tried. I dont have a m3 at all so i could care less about either of these kits but it def seems that ess gets no love around here. If this was gintani post would be reading"see its confirmed gintani is........." and not that we need new calculators!! How about we keep it simple, What Did the Car ACTUALLY Do? Has a Gintani car ever attempted 60-130 under 40deg?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

would you say that if it was a gintani car that posted this record??? Any performance measure can be broken down and down and down till you find more reasons why the tests were not equal, there are gintani cars all over the place now and they have the same opportunity to run in cool temps and run with DR and im sure they have tried. I dont have a m3 at all so i could care less about either of these kits but it def seems that ess gets no love around here. If this was gintani post would be reading"see its confirmed gintani is........." and not that we need new calculators!! How about we keep it simple, What Did the Car ACTUALLY Do? Has a Gintani car ever attempted 60-130 under 40deg?
    Did anyone else see a hatefull message about these resuts in this thread? Click here to enlarge
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Did anyone else see a hatefull message about these resuts in this thread? Click here to enlarge
    I could be wrong but i sense a hatefull tone in my above quote from Sticky especially when its interpreted with previous quotes over time, there is nothing directly negative you can say bad becaiuse its an AMAZING accomplishment with ALL the data to back it up,but what you can say is a cute remark like "60-130's are new comparisons with no rules of thumb" as if its being cheapened in away, as of now for the most part it has to be gps verified with +/- 3deg slope and everything else your on your own to max out your car. Otherwise where do you stop? this car has 2 shifts vs 3, why not have formula to equal out the weight?? if i weigh more my engine might be performing better but yield slower times due to weight why not add that?? In racing it used to be simple the guy that goes the fastest or finishes first wins, now we look for more and more stipulations to complicate that

**edit**
    If im wrong in assuming this then i apologize, congrats again to the OP
    Last edited by MSIZZLE; 12-27-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Guys come on, leave the Gintani vs ESS to another thread.

Great times Mike, it must be a great feeling setting records and being pulled into your seat like that! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Absolutely, you think Drew runs 7.0x every single time he runs? It is a game of getting the best run in the best conditions in the best weather.

It shows the capability in a limited window that is now going to be used as a reference like an absolute. It is already taking place with some of the comments that have been made as if all of a sudden there was some giant shift in the kit itself. That is how it is with times unfortunately for many people.

ESS gets a lot of love, the owners definitely do, no one is saying anything bad just trying to balance out the people who seem to think all of a sudden no meth is capable of what meth is on this motor, it isn't. People also seem to have a short term memory regarding trap speeds.

This is on the front page, everyone is congratulating him, everything Mikewads has done has been received positively. No need to make this ESS vs. Gintani I simply want you and a couple others to understand the factors at work and how that affects times. Once again, congratulations to Mike and pushing the envelope is great for all of us. We might even see an E9X in the 5's soon with the way things are progressing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Common everyone.... *Group Hug* lmao.

I thought Mike's 1/4 times were with the a different pulley, the 535 or 575 setup. That boost looks standard for a 600 car, though too.

In all fairness, with a VBOX, these 60-130 times assuming verified; hold as much credit in my view...and are suceptible to the same variables as the 1/4...with traction being "less" of an issue. This isn't like back in the day when people would throw in GTech times for comparison, lol. Granted 1100 ft elevation isn't huge it would also have some sort of effect on the car's output. SC cars can't compensate like Turbo cars, but like Sticky said.. We don't have a way of calculating it. My guess is it would actually be very close to the effects seen on an NA car because similarly, the pressure being atmospheric(NA) or 7psi is a constant in the equation.

I think it's worth mentioning that the Gintani cars will have a greater benefit from the Meth as the weather gets warmer...so this colder weather is somewhat of a equalizer as it pertains to Meth advantage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

And for the record, it IS an off-the-shelf standard VT2-600 Kit with the 95mm standard pulley - which is EXTREMELY impressive. Sticky you keep saying its not a standard kit and all this $#@!, meanwhile the only thing different is the nitrous set-up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I know when I first got the M3 there was a lot of DCT hate'n going on, but I believe most people have now seen the light when it comes to all out performance

[/FONT]

The only trans I would get with the new m3.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
    I'm ordering drag radials this coming week to see what numbers me and IMG can pull...
    Sick pulls Mike !!!
    That will be great! What brand and size tire are your getting?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
    Nice work Mike, Congrats!!!
    Click here to enlarge

It is not like 60-130's are written in stone, they change based on conditions, traction, weight, etc.
    Just like 1/4 mile times do.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Great times Mike, it must be a great feeling setting records and being pulled into your seat like that! Click here to enlarge
    I wish I could give more people rides in it. Very smooth once the car gets rolling.

Absolutely, you think Drew runs 7.0x every single time he runs? It is a game of getting the best run in the best conditions in the best weather. It shows the capability in a limited window that is now going to be used as a reference like an absolute.
    I went out and made 2 more passes this morning. It went 6.82 and 6.79, so I would say that is consistant. Once it warms up I will slow down, but that's a given. Here is the 6.79 chart from this morning:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BASELINE Click here to enlarge
    I thought Mike's 1/4 times were with the a different pulley, the 535 or 575 setup. That boost looks standard for a 600 car, though too.
    I think it's worth mentioning that the Gintani cars will have a greater benefit from the Meth as the weather gets warmer...so this colder weather is somewhat of a equalizer as it pertains to Meth advantage.
    You are correct. I was running the lower boost (6.5 psi) pulley when I went to the dragstrip. Also, I agree with you concerning the meth in the summer heat being much more effective.

And for the record, it IS an off-the-shelf standard VT2-600 Kit with the 95mm standard pulley - which is EXTREMELY impressive. Sticky you keep saying its not a standard kit and all this $#@!, meanwhile the only thing different is the nitrous set-up.
    All of the hardware on my car comes from the standard VT2-600 kit.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge congrats! DCT FTW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Great job Mike Click here to enlarge Running 7-7.5 psi on pump gas and producing the times you do prove that you really got the hang of doing these runs down and the ESS kit makes great power.

As for the continued Sticky bashing ESS this thread is another example of how he continues to try and discount the performance of their products. Along with Jon Martin I think the two of you are on Gintani / OE tunings payoll or something. I find it funny how when Drew posted his 7 sec 60-130 the two of you posting nothing but praise and not one question was asked about the boost he ran and 60-130 times all of a sudden became the benchmark for how good a supercharger is. Now that an ESS car breaks his record you start trying to lay seeds of doubt by questioning the owner about his boost and saying you dont believe it even when he clearly has a boost gauge setup in the video, something Drew never did. You also now try to downplay 60-130 times LOL. I understand that this site is sponsored by Gintani and Sticky you are sponsored by them as they do all the work on your "still not running" car but try to be a little less obvious with your bias to your sponsors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are gintani cars all over the place now and they have the same opportunity to run in cool temps and run with DR and im sure they have tried.
    I don't think any gintani has run 60-130 on drag radials. Most gintani SC owners are in SoCal, so it will difficult to find 27 degree weather to run in. But the meth should help equalize that.

Looking forward to faster times by all SC M3's, this is getting good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I thought that Drews times/runs were on DR and race gas ??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast