Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

M3 ESS .... ALOT FASTER THAN EXPECTED (video)?

Okay guys, so I've been all over youtube for the past couple months trying to find a solid video that HONESTLY exemplifies how fast an ESS kit really is (im in the market for a blower after christmas, and its been narrowed downt to gintani or ess)...

....to be honest, Gustav's car on M5board really didnt impress me at all...it barely was even with the RS6, got raped by the porsche turbo (with less hp), barely walked away from a stock GT-R, etc.... you get my point...

well, I came across this video on youtube:

and the M3 does a pretty damn good job ..... it only gets beat by that ridiculous GTR at the end...

anyone know the specs on this car? because if its just the supercharger (without meth) and an exhaust, well thats damn good if you ask me....

..now this ESS kit has my attention..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Moved to S65 section as this is more a general post asking about the ESS kit in relation to the M3.

The setup certainly isn't slow by any means and makes nice gains, no doubt about it.

It just depends on what you consider fast and what you consider faster than expected.

The M3 does well, it is a DCT by the sounds of it and that makes a difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yeah the DCT definetly does....I wish we had the specs on that exact car because its MOVING in those videos...

It had appeared that a stock Z06 would walk an ESS M3 from that video that was posted up here a couple weeks ago - I think maybe his gears were hurting him, him rims, and other facts had a BIG effect because I think its pretty clear that the M3 in this video would walk away from a Z06 (hell, its faster than the turbo).....

It just doesnt add up....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

at 2:02 the M3 looks like it got sucked straight into a black hole......goddamn lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    I think maybe his gears were hurting him, him rims, and other facts had a BIG effect because I think its pretty clear that the M3 in this video would walk away from a Z06 (hell, its faster than the turbo).....
    A Z06 is faster than a 997.1 turbo.

Secondly, his gears definitely hurt him but that ESS kit in the video you showed was running higher boost than the M3 in the Z06 vid. This was the VT2-625 by the looks of likely running a higher boost pulley as it was quoted as 650 hp. So you up the boost on higher octane that they have in Russia, it isn't surprising this M3 is faster than than Biglare's.

It adds up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Is it possible to run the VT2-625 in the US? or are you limited at the 600.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Is it possible to run the VT2-625 in the US? or are you limited at the 600.......
    Some guys "unofficially" get different pulleys but on 91 octane the 625 is not available from what I have seen.

You may also notice the 625 setup was removed from the ESS site: http://www.esstuning.com/products/E9...er-System.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Here is the cached version of the page if you want to see it: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Notice this part:

93AKI/98RON or above required.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yeah I was just looking on their site and noticed its not up.....Im located on the east coast so I have access to 93....I would assume it would be available, not sure why its not there..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

It says its out of stock...

You think they stopped offering it, or simply have no inventory at the moment...

Im going to shoot Roman a PM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

It says its out of stock...

You think they stopped offering it, or simply have no inventory at the moment...

Im going to shoot Roman a PM
    It was pulled from the site, if they had no inventory they would have done what they did when it was up which was say they had no inventory.

I don't know why it was pulled.

Go ahead and shoot Roman a PM and let him know you were discussing the kit with me on Bimmerboost, I hear he loves that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

LOL

Im in no rush at the moment so Im not going to, but I do find it very skeptical that they pulled that product from the site...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

but I do find it very skeptical that they pulled that product from the site...
    Maybe they didn't want people asking for the kit all the time who did not have proper fuel since they are not supportive of meth on their kits. I really don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

id really say get the gintani kit. its proven to be the fastest M3's so far. I just dont want you to get a kit and then maybe its what you wanted, and maybe it leaves you wanting more..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    id really say get the gintani kit. its proven to be the fastest M3's so far. I just dont want you to get a kit and then maybe its what you wanted, and maybe it leaves you wanting more..
    Both kits serve their purpose. Some guys like the ESS setup and don't want more.

Those aren't the kind of guys we are but hey... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yeah the DCT definetly does....I wish we had the specs on that exact car because its MOVING in those videos...

It had appeared that a stock Z06 would walk an ESS M3 from that video that was posted up here a couple weeks ago - I think maybe his gears were hurting him, him rims, and other facts had a BIG effect because I think its pretty clear that the M3 in this video would walk away from a Z06 (hell, its faster than the turbo).....

It just doesnt add up....
    only way your going to beat a Z06 is if your running the Gintani Stage 2+

Also Z06 trap up to 127mph in the 1/4 and best recorded 60-130 is around 7.8...i think on average around 8-8.3.

best ive seen for a 997.1 Turbo is around 123 on average around 118-121. and run 60-130 in the low 10s maybe high 9s

I had the Stage 1 Gintani Kit @ 5.5lbs of boost on 91 octane and trapped 123 in the 1/4 at best and averaged around 121
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe they didn't want people asking for the kit all the time who did not have proper fuel since they are not supportive of meth on their kits. I really don't know.
    From my conversations with ESS, the trouble was that they were seeing progressively more inquiries from clients in countries that had fuel of extremely questionable quality, and wanted to avoid any risk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge

Also Z06 trap up to 127mph in the 1/4 and best recorded 60-130 is around 7.8...i think on average around 8-8.3.

best ive seen for a 997.1 Turbo is around 123 on average around 118-121. and run 60-130 in the low 10s maybe high 9s

I had the Stage 1 Gintani Kit @ 5.5lbs of boost on 91 octane and trapped 123 in the 1/4 at best and averaged around 121
    I could take a Z06 on just supercharger. I ran the 60-130 in 7.3 last week in 40F weather @ 7.5psi and when I was dragstrip a month ago I trapped 126.7mph @ 6.5psi
    ...on the juice I would crush a Z06 or ZR1 from a roll.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I could take a Z06 on just supercharger. I ran the 60-130 in 7.3 last week in 40F weather @ 7.5psi and when I was dragstrip a month ago I trapped 126.7mph @ 6.5psi
    Any slips? Those are some really nice numbers
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ilia@IND Click here to enlarge
    From my conversations with ESS, the trouble was that they were seeing progressively more inquiries from clients in countries that had fuel of extremely questionable quality, and wanted to avoid any risk.
    That's what I was thinking, thanks Ilia.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Just do a search, he has posted all his numbers to share with us all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I think on boost alone you would pull slightly although I no longer know which pulley you are now running.

On the juice, no doubt about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Man I keep everything. Slips, videos, PBOX graphs... I got it. Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-New-60-130mph

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...rst-in-the-10s
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge

I would think a ESS VT2-625 would be able to edge out a stock Z06...

Anyways, I know gintani makes the most power, but I'm not looking to compromise the reliability of my car, or even the car itself.
    My previous experience with my 335 taught me alot of lessons LOL...that car was fast, but it ran right for only 70% of the time, and the other 30% it was a headache and a half (which is the very reason its annoying when N54-fanboys think their cars are the best, its a "been there done that" kind of thing for me that and I'm WAY PAST wanting headaches with a brand new car). I know if I supercharge a stock N/A V8 its prone to giving me problems, but I feel that going the ESS route would keep those problems to a minimum with less boost (and not for nothing, besides the Active Autowerke supercharger I havent seen another that looks nearly as good). I'm still a couple months out from pulling the trigger (it will be done somewhere between christmas and summer), but I'm not going to buy a kit unless I'm COMPLETELY sold on it...

but I also dont want to spend 14k just to get walked by a stock Z06.....so theres the dilemna: finding a reliable supercharger that will give me solid power (no meth, thats just another headache), and I feel for my needs its probably going to be the ESS.....but who knows, I think the only way to decide is going for a ride in both..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

but on the other hand, gintani is so fast.....LOL

as you can see Im TORN between the two...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast