Close

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 591
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    LOL thanks for the negative rep Sticky. Real mature of you!
    Well, I think you are getting a bit out of line and overreacting.

    IMO you should be proud you were the origination behind bringing a valid and real issue to light. You should take a completely different stance, one where you state you have a problem and would like Vishnu to resolve it. What would deleting anything resolve?

    Why should you be scared of your tuner? Your tuner should help you not threaten to abandon you if you have issues. Bud, step away from the keyboard for a second and calm down and realize this isn't a bad thing here.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And FYI in this part of the original thread:

    This video was sent to us anonymously. The reason for that is Shiv@Vishnu had seen the video and told the owner not to post it and the owner did not for fear of being punished, lack of support, etc. We happened to get this video which shows a V5 automatic misfiring even after the voluntary harness update and several times of cleared adaptations.

    He never told me this. My point here is you are using my personal video for your own personal gain, and at risk of getting yet another negative rep from Sticky, if you're a new user or even an existing user, this complete disregard for a reasonable request by an active member of this board says a lot for the integrity of this information, which is being used for personal gain (more traffic to his fledgling site).

    And BTW, there is a 10 page thread on e90post regarding this issue, with my original rant on it. Would you like for me to post a link to it, where there is a LOT more information instead of us regurgitating old news at the expense of a board member?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    He never told me this.
    Ok, then why do you feel this is going to burn a bridge? You say you were never told that yet you desperately want this pulled down because you say it will burn a bridge. These are two completely opposite things then you are saying and it does not make sense to me. It is one or the other.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    My point here is you are using my personal video for your own personal gain, and at risk of getting yet another negative rep from Sticky, if you're a new user or even an existing user, this complete disregard for a reasonable request by an active member of this board says a lot for the integrity of this information, which is being used for personal gain (more traffic to his fledgling site).
    Uh, we kind of post a lot of videos and information. You would be one part of that. What sets us apart is we will not hide this type of video. I don't know if fledgling qualifies any longer but hey, if you want to put us down because you aren't getting your way that's fine. Seems we get enough views that you want it pulled.

    You request is not reasonable. Your request is designed to protect Vishnu which I simply will not do. You can yell, you can scream, you can insult me, I won't be pushed into taking the video down. I have integrity and intend to keep it that way by not pulling things like this down. That is to the benefit of the users and I also did not completely disregard your request. I made my position clear to you as well as my perspective. You are really overblowing this as others are discussing it rationally and providing their experience with the same issue.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    And BTW, there is a 10 page thread on e90post regarding this issue, with my original rant on it. Would you like for me to post a link to it, where there is a LOT more information instead of us regurgitating old news at the expense of a board member?
    This video wasn't posted on e90post now was it? Doesn't seem to me like we are regurgitating old news it seems to me you are trying to get something not previously revealed pulled. Not old news then is it?

    If you like E90 and prefer their style, go there where Shiv would make sure this video did not exist. I'm very happy with our quality of information and members.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    For all of those reading this banter by a moderator trying to justify a dick move, 'nuff said.

    Point here is, a user kindly requested a video be taken down. The MODERATOR refuses to remove because it's good for traffic to his dead site. The End.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    For all of those reading this banter by a moderator trying to justify a dick move, 'nuff said.
    It isn't a dick move at all to put up relevant information. I think it is a dick move on your part to throw a tantrum when you don't get your way. You could handle this in a far different manner.

    Please, explain to us all how this is going to burn a bridge and why you feel a video that no one would have even known had anything to do with you would do that? Why is an issue with a tune that should be resolved by the tuner with quality customer service such a big problem?

    Are you not even allowed to remotely highlight a problem? Are we trying to create an illusion that everything is perfect with the Procede? How does that help anyone? When you step away I think you will see this is far more beneficial than simply deleting it.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Point here is, a user kindly requested a video be taken down. The MODERATOR refuses to remove because it's good for traffic to his dead site.
    Dead site? Hahah, ok, if you say so. For the record, posting and browsing numbers are the highest they have been. Thanks for trying to put us down though I guess... I'll just have to keep working for the benefit of the users by respecting them enough to not have to delete content. Many people do seem to like it Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Points
    82.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky not taking the video down is your choice.

    However not removing or editing the part in the original post about the video's originator not posting it due to Shiv asking them not to do so is misleading given that the person who's video it is clearly states that is not the case.

    The least you should do is alter the original post so that the misleading information is removed; to do otherwise is just poor form and unsportsmanlike.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WOPALX Click here to enlarge
    Sticky not taking the video down is your choice.

    However not removing or editing the part in the original post about the video's originator not posting it due to Shiv asking them not to do so is misleading given that the person who's video it is clearly states that is not the case.

    The least you should do is alter the original post so that the misleading information is removed; to do otherwise is just poor form and unsportsmanlike.
    I would totally agree with you if that actually was the case.

    Do you believe this user was told not to put this video up? The video was seen and was not put up even though a thread on the topic existed, correct? Now he states that leaving this up will "burn a bridge" and affect him negatively in some way although he won't clarify why.

    There is something missing between the video and his fear of a bridge being burnt. Is it not logical the e-mail I received is correct and he was told not to put it up? Would not everything in the thread logically correlate with that?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not to mention childish negative rep retaliation because the truth hurts.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    819.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I can not believe what I'm reading Click here to enlarge

    Gentlemen start to believe that this is a chase

    why not let the tunes speak and not a witch hunt

    I do not like anything

    but nothing

    I'm sorry but I will give a negative moderator Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would totally agree with you if that actually was the case.

    Do you believe this user was told not to put this video up? The video was seen and was not put up even though a thread on the topic existed, correct? Now he states that leaving this up will "burn a bridge" and affect him negatively in some way although he won't clarify why.

    There is something missing between the video and his fear of a bridge being burnt. Is it not logical the e-mail I received is correct and he was told not to put it up? Would not everything in the thread logically correlate with that?
    Do you have proof that Shiv actually requested I don't post the video? I think not, and it never happened. Take a look folks; negative repping a user who asked a private video be removed and then lambasting him for publicly posting the denied request. At his rate of negative repping, I'll be banned in a week!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Not to mention childish negative rep retaliation because the truth hurts.
    I haven't seen anything of value or truth from you thus far, only a temper tantrum. If you want to continue to lash out rather than address the issue, feel free. One is childish one isn't.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Do you have proof that Shiv actually requested I don't post the video? I think not, and it never happened. Take a look folks; negative repping a user who asked a private video be removed and then lambasting him for publicly posting the denied request. At his rate of negative repping, I'll be banned in a week!

    First of all you are being a Prick. Second, if the video is private why is it on Youtube. Also, you can set a video to Private on Youtube. You just cant request him to take the video down. Its your fault the video is public.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen anything of value or truth from you thus far, only a temper tantrum. If you want to continue to lash out rather than address the issue, feel free. One is childish one isn't.
    I suppose you stating Shiv requesting me not to post a video is the truth? Or the fact you denied my request to delete a private video is a lie? I'd say its VERY relevant to how information on this site is obtained or misinformation purposely created to stir up hits to this site. The only hits you are getting to this thread are mine and yours! Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Do you have proof that Shiv actually requested I don't post the video? I think not, and it never happened. Take a look folks; negative repping a user who asked a private video be removed and then lambasting him for publicly posting the denied request. At his rate of negative repping, I'll be banned in a week!
    Do you have proof that Shiv did not request you not post the video? I think he did or else it would have been posted right? I think he did or else you would not be demanding it get deleted right? I think he did or else you would not be crying about not getting your way right now, right? I think he did or you would not be whining about "burning a bridge" right?

    The video isn't private. There are even mirrors on Youtube, seems this spread to a bunch of people and once it hits the internet you can't do anything about it.

    Lambasting? That is what you are doing, I'm keeping relevant info up that you demand to be pulled. It isn't coming down, whine all you want.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    First of all you are being a Prick. Second, if the video is private why is it on Youtube. Also, you can set a video to Private on Youtube. You just cant request him to take the video down. Its your fault the video is public.
    Because Sticky put it there, silly! A private video sent to THREE people, so one is to blame. At this point, the poor taste of moderation is more the issue than the video being posted.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Points
    82.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky if it's the case that the user has been threatened as you indicated then post your evidence.

    The last line of your post indicates that you think there is "something missing" ... so do you have evidence or not?

    No evidence means your just embellishing, bullshitting etc, which IMHO is just as bad as over moderation.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would totally agree with you if that actually was the case.

    Do you believe this user was told not to put this video up? The video was seen and was not put up even though a thread on the topic existed, correct? Now he states that leaving this up will "burn a bridge" and affect him negatively in some way although he won't clarify why.

    There is something missing between the video and his fear of a bridge being burnt. Is it not logical the e-mail I received is correct and he was told not to put it up? Would not everything in the thread logically correlate with that?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    First of all you are being a Prick. Second, if the video is private why is it on Youtube. Also, you can set a video to Private on Youtube. You just cant request him to take the video down. Its your fault the video is public.
    Ding ding ding, winner.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WOPALX Click here to enlarge
    Sticky if it's the case that the user has been threatened as you indicated then post your evidence.

    The last line of your post indicates that you think there is "something missing" ... so do you have evidence or not?

    No evidence means your just embellishing, bullshitting etc, which IMHO is just as bad as over moderation.
    We do not know exactly what he was told as he won't say. All he wants is for this to disappear.

    As I stated, does he have evidence that he was not told to not put this up? His actions correlate with what I am saying, not with what he is saying. Why else is he scared?

    There is no embellishing of any kind, he has stated several times he feels if this stays up a bridge will be burnt. Obviously something would have had to be said for him to feel that way, right? Or did he just make it up out of the blue? Why would he just fear Shiv for no reason then? Something was said and I believe my source to be accurate based on his demands and responses.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I suppose you stating Shiv requesting me not to post a video is the truth? Or the fact you denied my request to delete a private video is a lie? I'd say its VERY relevant to how information on this site is obtained or misinformation purposely created to stir up hits to this site. The only hits you are getting to this thread are mine and yours! Click here to enlarge
    You are scared of Shiv, why? You want this deleted, why? Because Shiv didn't tell you anything about not posting it? BS, you are scared because you know you were warned. Man up and admit it, we won't abandon you, we will protect you. Stop being a little whining $#@! and stand up for what is right. Grow some balls.

    No one denied you asked for the video to be deleted, it just isn't going to happen. That's right, this site won't delete posts to favor vendors, thank God someone has some respect for the community and hasn't sold out.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL ok. Keep imagining things. You are posting more nonsense since the owner of the video has spoken out to create a drama-like sequence.

    I suppose you don't understand the concept of not burning bridges, there is nothing to be scared of. And if Shiv ever did stop providing support because I sent the video out to Terry@BMS or LostMarine, then he'd be hearing it on e90post from me. He's been nothing but helpful with the issue, had e-mails exchanged, phone calls made, advice given, all done very professionally.

    The point here is you are posting my personal video for your gain, that I am about, oh, 100% certain LostMarine sent to you since he's been asking me for days if he could post it. The key giveaway was his quick response to anything anti-Vishnu. No worries though. Others will see what kind of a site this really is with your replies to the board member in question (me).

    BTW, at this rate, you and I will be the only ones responding to each other and within 5 more pages of this stuff, I'll be banned!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Points
    2,759.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why send out the vid if it was never meant to get out to the public? Somethings you just keep to yourself.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    LOL ok. Keep imagining things. You are posting more nonsense since the owner of the video has spoken out to create a drama-like sequence.
    You are creating drama all by yourself. You want this deleted yet you have just made this an issue that everyone is now going to read essentially shooting yourself in the foot, bravo.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I suppose you don't understand the concept of not burning bridges, there is nothing to be scared of. And if Shiv ever did stop providing support because I sent the video out to Terry@BMS or LostMarine, then he'd be hearing it on e90post from me. He's been nothing but helpful with the issue, had e-mails exchanged, phone calls made, advice given, all done very professionally.
    So why are you burning a bridge again and why are you so desperately trying to get this deleted? All of a sudden now there is nothing to be scared of? Huh?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The point here is you are posting my personal video for your gain, that I am about, oh, 100% certain LostMarine sent to you since he's been asking me for days if he could post it. The key giveaway was his quick response to anything anti-Vishnu. No worries though. Others will see what kind of a site this really is with your replies to the board member in question (me).
    I have no idea who sent it. All I know is there is more than one of these on youtube and anyone could have gotten it from that point. So, good luck finding out who sent it to me I guess? Why do you want this swept under the rug so badly anyway?

    Yes, I do hope people see what kind of a site this is and that we won't protect vendors or delete controversial issues. I hope that is perfectly clear. I also hope people see we won't cave in just because someone whines they aren't getting their way. Integrity and respecting the user first before vendors, that is what and who we are and hopefully always will be.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    BTW, at this rate, you and I will be the only ones responding to each other and within 5 more pages of this stuff, I'll be banned!
    Why would you be banned? This isn't bimmerpost. I have no desire to ban you I used to think you were a good member but now I can see you are a bit immature and not able to handle difficult situations with your emotions getting the best of you. Also, I seem to see other responses in this thread as well along with 116 users currently online the majority of which are viewing this? Come on, if you want to go down this route you should try harder.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Why send out the vid if it was never meant to get out to the public? Somethings you just keep to yourself.
    He doesn't understand that and he doesn't understand it is too late. Additionally, he doesn't seem to understand he could have handled this far more constructively as no one else knew it was his car. Now all he has down is cause it to snowball and it will just continue.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    3.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Is it good to be going WOT when oil temps are still low?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by grkm3 Click here to enlarge
    Is it good to be going WOT when oil temps are still low?
    These cars don't rev super high so it isn't a huge issue but you want your oil to be warmed up.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •