Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Possibly hurt my motor... :(

The other day, I was being curious and dumb as always, I put my car in map 7 on my JB4 (thinking it might've been the same or close to Map 5 on the JB3, again I made a stupid mistake). My car rumbled and stuttered and shook a bit. That was about a week and a half ago. I've been driving the car normally since then (pretty heavy foot), and today on the highway, my car was shaking a bit and made a rumbling noise when I got into the higher MPH's. Then my car went into limp mode. Since then I've tested the car, and it's always going into limp mode...I sent my datalogs to Terry, hopefully I'll get some good news, or maybe not...but either way I'll keep you guys informed...Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    HPFP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

i was gonna say the same thing.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah I just heard back from Terry and he said the codes are HPFP codes. So tomorrow I'm going to have to remove all my mods (just JB4 and DCI) and see if I can make it happen again. I went and talked to my BMW SA and they said that the '08 5 series didn't have a problem with HPFP, but we all know that the BMW SA's aren't all good people >_< haha...

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

You have fuel pump and misfire codes so hopefully it's an easy fix! But running a race gas map on a stock car on pump gas is definitely a no no. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well the more I think about it the more I feel like it's the HPFP, because I drove it pretty hard after I ran my car for like 30 seconds on map 7 (about 2 weeks ago). And just today I had issues with my car, I've pushed the car just as hard or harder than I did today, so I'm pretty sure it's the HPFP. Everyone keep your fingers crossed haha...thanks Terry for awesome service! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Well the more I think about it the more I feel like it's the HPFP, because I drove it pretty hard after I ran my car for like 30 seconds on map 7 (about 2 weeks ago). And just today I had issues with my car, I've pushed the car just as hard or harder than I did today, so I'm pretty sure it's the HPFP. Everyone keep your fingers crossed haha...thanks Terry for awesome service! Click here to enlarge
    Man, you can't run Map 7 on pump gas.

It is likely the HPFP.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You have fuel pump and misfire codes so hopefully it's an easy fix! But running a race gas map on a stock car on pump gas is definitely a no no. Click here to enlarge
    I'm thinking you might need to establish some kind of lock on maps.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm thinking you might need to establish some kind of lock on maps.
    It's very clear what each map is for and there's no reason to run the higher maps if the car isn't properly equipped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What were the codes?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    It's very clear what each map is for and there's no reason to run the higher maps if the car isn't properly equipped.
    There isn't, but people still might...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Why would running the race map damage the HPFP or is it just coincidence?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Why would running the race map damage the HPFP or is it just coincidence?
    Coincidence I think?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I still do not understand how some people can have the JB4 mapa7 just dci Click here to enlarge

some of the rules of the beta testers JB4 is whether there are any problems email to bms Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea coincidence I think, tho running a race map raises the fuel pressure more I believe so it could have been the straw that broke the camels back
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Map 7 on JB4 is like map 8-9 on the JB3. I don't think it's related to the fuel pump. Codes were 29F2, 2FBF, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Map 7 on JB4 is like map 8-9 on the JB3. I don't think it's related to the fuel pump. Codes were 29F2, 2FBF, etc.
    You said they were fuel pump codes earlier? If it isn't that then what is it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You said they were fuel pump codes earlier? If it isn't that then what is it?
    I mean, I don't think the fuel pump failure is related to the higher boost map. But he definitely has a fuel pump issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I mean, I don't think the fuel pump failure is related to the higher boost map. But he definitely has a fuel pump issue.
    Gotcha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    People who don't have a clue what they are doing , beta testing a tune??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha, it's not that I don't know what I'm doing, although I'm not as skilled or know as much as some people on here, I took a liberty and put it on map 7 because it said "lightweight race map" with no octane settings as per the other maps, haha wishful thinking I know but I got caught up in the desire to go faster >_< nothing something I'll do again haha...but thanks for the feedback for the people who have given feedback, and I'll let you guys know how things turn out when I take it to my BMW Tech.

Ehh who am I kidding, I'm pretty much new to this stuff but I learn quickly, and I guess someone's gotta $#@! up sometime haha...I did get really lucky getting Terry to let me test this thing though haha Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Ehh who am I kidding, I'm pretty much new to this stuff but I learn quickly, and I guess someone's gotta $#@! up sometime haha...I did get really lucky getting Terry to let me test this thing though haha Click here to enlarge
    Yea, you are lucky. Why don't you go ahead and test map 9?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, you are lucky. Why don't you go ahead and test map 9?
    I will as soon as I get it back from the shop Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I will as soon as I get it back from the shop Click here to enlarge
    what else do you have planned?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No I meant from the BMW Tech...but after that I have a few things I would like to do...but first things first, I need a properly running car...haha

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast