Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 147
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    If I were shopping for a new 335i coupe, no question I would pick this up instead for a couple grand more.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely, this is a key point.

    However, if it isn't about HP then why didn't they give it a great NA 4 cylinder? Some screaming S14 successor that is a real M powerplant so that these E30 M3 comparisons could be worthy? Ok, that may be a bit much but why not at least what you suggested? A higher revving N54? Why not at least something? Different turbos? Even a different tune for crying out loud. NOTHING? Seriously, not a damn thing? It is blatant cutting of corners that has nothing to do with maintaining the hierarchy but with maintaining profits.



    You hit another great point here, agreed.



    I know I would like it. It still would be a parts bin abortion that goes against all that M has held holy, but I would like driving it.
    Yeah I wish BMW cared MoRE. I agree and wish something was different. But now that you mention an FI I4 would have even been better... Lightweight high revs and history lol

    And it would probably end up with 1000+hp applications haha
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if the power scheme is a big deal, and things come out bigger and better every evolution, and if the new m3 is getting FI, then why wouldnt BMW see this as the opportunity to start over. make the 1m badass, and the next m3 even more badass, and so-on.. instead of worrying about stepping on your dick on the already released generation, say $#@! it, and just make the next one known to be stronger.. that says to the consumer, you can get badass now in this, or wait and get even more sick later..
    Bud, it's because they put it absolutely no effort and charging M pricing for it. They took a motor they already had sitting around, strapped on some M3 parts, gave it some wider fenders, and called it a day when they strapped on an M badge. That isn't what an M car is about.

    Now all of a sudden anything is an M car with some body/suspension work. It sucks, the badge and brand is diluted.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    If I were shopping for a new 335i coupe, no question I would pick this up instead for a couple grand more.
    As would I.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I wish BMW cared MoRE. I agree and wish something was different. But now that you mention an FI I4 would have even been better... Lightweight high revs and history lol

    And it would probably end up with 1000+hp applications haha
    A FI S14 would satisfy everyone Click here to enlarge Damn would that be sweet...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    What is the history with tii and why would they name it that or give it a name like 135is? Is it possible that because they released z435is and 335is that they don't want confusion as neither carry M parts in the drivetrain? And what about 140is? Technically it makes the same output as the n54/55 740i,s...

    Problem is, we can only speculate and BMW doesn't really care that much. Sad
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    What is the history with tii and why would they name it that or give it a name like 135is? Is it possible that because they released z435is and 335is that they don't want confusion as neither carry M parts in the drivetrain? And what about 140is? Technically it makes the same output as the n54/55 740i,s...
    It really should have been an is. The motor it is in other "is" cars, right? They saw an opportunity to make money.

    Remember when they said it would be a limited production car? Well now they are cranking up production to sell as many as they can. All hype and marketing, damn you BMW.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It really should have been an is. The motor it is in other "is" cars, right? They saw an opportunity to make money.

    Remember when they said it would be a limited production car? Well now they are cranking up production to sell as many as they can. All hype and marketing, damn you BMW.
    True. One day they will go back to their roots.. And the next M3 better be a monster (500+hp) that is lightweight too because I don't want an AMG ;(
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    True. One day they will go back to their roots.. And the next M3 better be a monster (500+hp) that is lightweight too because I don't want an AMG ;(
    With what AMG has cooking, I think a lot of us are going to jump ship.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,053
    Rep Points
    2,634.3
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if the power scheme is a big deal, and things come out bigger and better every evolution, and if the new m3 is getting FI, then why wouldnt BMW see this as the opportunity to start over. make the 1m badass, and the next m3 even more badass, and so-on.. instead of worrying about stepping on your dick on the already released generation, say $#@! it, and just make the next one known to be stronger.. that says to the consumer, you can get badass now in this, or wait and get even more sick later..
    that's how it should be done but they'll want to get a couple more years out of the current M3

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if the power scheme is a big deal, and things come out bigger and better every evolution, and if the new m3 is getting FI, then why wouldnt BMW see this as the opportunity to start over. make the 1m badass, and the next m3 even more badass, and so-on.. instead of worrying about stepping on your dick on the already released generation, say $#@! it, and just make the next one known to be stronger.. that says to the consumer, you can get badass now in this, or wait and get even more sick later..
    I missed a part of this post, you make a good point but BMW doesn't think that way. By having their rigid setup they limit themselves.

    AMG does think this way, they don't care, they will stuff the biggest motor they can in a C class. That is why they aren't backed into a corner with the next generation. The M3 will have a 6 cylinder turbo while the C-class while have a fire breathing 5.5 liter TT V8 that makes it cry (and possibly the M5 as well.. C63 repeated and then some).

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    But for those N54 fans out there, that do a lot modding comestic and performance wise. This could be their dream car.
    Sounds to me like this will be a great tuner car with an already available market for parts as soon as they roll off the lots.

    Putting aside the heritage, they will make great tuners.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Sounds to me like this will be a great tuner car with an already available market for parts as soon as they roll off the lots.

    Putting aside the heritage, they will make great tuners.
    Absolutely correct. From that standpoint it is enticing.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks nice, not really sure what the M badge is doing there, but hey, it is similar to non-AMG cars having AMG badges because they have AMG parts.

    Looks decent to say the least, better than the standard e82/84

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    True. One day they will go back to their roots.. And the next M3 better be a monster (500+hp) that is lightweight too because I don't want an AMG ;(
    I doClick here to enlarge

    And just so your not disappointed in the future, I will break the news to you now. The next M3 will not have over 500hp.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    With what AMG has cooking, I think a lot of us are going to jump ship.
    Like them hopefully putting the TTV8 in the upcoming C63 coupe.Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Like them hopefully putting the TTV8 in the upcoming C63 coupe.
    It's coming, not in the upcoming coupe but next gen: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...-may-be-coming

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    I still think that a M car is one that handles well on the track (not the straight 400m one) and well this is exactly that, might be done on a budget, but it is probably going to rock!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -165.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The whole problem is Efficent dynamics ,get rid of it and we will be happy again.I just don't care about enviorment when i rev my V10 ,or mpg or whatever M division is trying to achieve , i just don't.
    it seems my next car won't be a Bmw , as i moved to Audi before

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    The whole problem is Efficent dynamics ,get rid of it and we will be happy again.I just don't care about enviorment when i rev my V10 ,or mpg or whatever M division is trying to achieve , i just don't.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Hahahaa, one of the best quotes I've read in a while.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    462
    Rep Points
    199.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Car looks nice. Thats about it though... just looks nice.

    doesn't deserve an ///M badge IMHO.
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I doClick here to enlarge

    And just so your not disappointed in the future, I will break the news to you now. The next M3 will not have over 500hp.


    Like them hopefully putting the TTV8 in the upcoming C63 coupe.Click here to enlarge
    What I mean by I dont want an AMG is that I dont want tue choice to be so easy that I don't even consider an M3. The reason why I said 500 hp is because I doubt that it will have that too... I actually am thinking C63 for the next vehicle lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Then why are you running 119 on boost and M3's are running 130+ on less boost? One is a much stronger platform than the other, the M3 has a lot more to offer just people can't justify the $ or they would have it.
    I'm actually running 122 and this you know as well as me that the stock snails on the N54 are a joke, definitely lower air mass than gintani stage 2+ sc m3s...actually, what's the cfm on the gintani stg2+ setup? ESS doesn't hit 130+

    Oh, and check your 1/4 mile list, hotrod hit 132.77mph in the 1/4 with a small shot of NOS on stock snails so your argument against the N54 engine and its "puppy" nature doesn't hold, sorry...with a better than stock turbo setup (single or twin) this same motor isn't (hasn't) shown weaknesses yet...once a proper high horsepower fuel systems are ready only then we'll know where the N54 motor sits..
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 12-10-2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I'm actually running 122 and this you know as well as me that the stock snails on the N54 are a joke, definitely lower air mass than gintani stage 2+ sc m3s...actually, what's the cfm on the gintani stg2+ setup? ESS doesn't hit 130+

    Oh, and check your 1/4 mile list, hotrod hit 132.77mph in the 1/4 with a small shot of NOS on stock snails so your argument against the N54 engine and its "puppy" nature doesn't hold, sorry...with a better than stock turbo setup (single or twin) this same motor isn't (hasn't) shown weaknesses yet...once a proper high horsepower fuel systems are ready only then we'll know where the N54 motor sits..
    Yep yep yep. Just wait for Unfor's dyno charts.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    All I gotta say is,


    1M + CP-E fuel rail + Standback 2 + twinscroll GTX3582r = WIN (even just on pump gas)


    With the right rubber it could even play with the new ZR1s.........

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -165.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    ok ,with these Wall-Papers I started liking this car
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/12/10/wa...-1600x1200-02/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •