Close

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2010 MT Car of the Year: Chevrolet Volt...That's a Joke Right?

Should an electric car even be allowed to win the award?

8.8 seconds to 60mph?

149HP Electric motor paired with a 89HP 1.4L inline 4?

Other contenders included the Chevy Cruze, Ford Fiesta, Honda CR-Z, Hyndai Equus, Kia Optima, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, Mazda 2, Saab 9-5, Toyota Avalon, Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Sonata, Scion tc, Toyota Sienna?

I know MT has picked a few "doozies" including the Chevy Caprice and other famous flops, but I think this ranks up there in the top 3 if not the worst offense ever.

Maybe it's just me but the CoTY award should go to a real CAR, not a mode of transportation, in which case I'm not sure why they didn't test a city bus as well.

I'd like to trade this years CoTY issue in for a credit on a future issue please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Im assuming they did not see the top gear fiesta episode where the fiesta out raced a c6 and had an active role in a beach assault!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Just saw this, the Motor Trend Car of the Year is the $#@!tiest award anyone can hope to receive. You get to among "winners" like the Chrysler 300M, Ford Probe, Chevrolet Malibu, and Chevrolet Caprice.

It's a joke.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale