Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, it's because you don't have a progressive controller. You want the flow to start around 8psi IMHO. Then as flow transitions up over 500-1000ms you get up to target in one smooth swoop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Oh, it's because you don't have a progressive controller. You want the flow to start around 8psi IMHO. Then as flow transitions up over 500-1000ms you get up to target in one smooth swoop.
    That has something to do with it. Click here to enlarge

Either way, cranking the pump gas map to 15psi gets rid of that hitch.

I just realized i basically have a Vishnu PnP meth kit that I sourced myself lmao.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not spring for the progressive controller then? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To further enhance what terry is saying about the progressive meth mapping, you guys can go to our website and click on videos and watch the video for the procede meth mapping. Since I am not allowed to post links, videos or anything else I cannot do so. The setup for the JB4 will be identical to setting it up for the procede. When our next flash revision comes out I will create a JB4 specific video, but for now it is what it is.

There is one interesting note. With the JB3 meth maping you must setup the failsafe completely to get the map switching. This is because the orange wire in the JB3 case needs the boost threshold. The only way to get that is to setup the failsafe. Since there is no threshold for the boost maping you dont need to setup the failsafe for the progressive flow mapping, just the single param for the orange wire.

For those of you using a solenoid instead of a checkvavle, this will allow you to use the yellow wire to ground the solenoid on. If the failsafe is setup, the yellow wire cant be used for a solenoid.

One note of caution, the CMGS defaults to give a 0-5V based on boost. You need to change this. Otherwise, you will be doing nothing but sending the boost back to the JB4 and advancing a map on nothing other than boost pressure (bad idea). On the next flash revision of CMGS due on the spring, the orange wire will be setup out of the box for your progressive maping which will be tied into our new failsafe.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not spring for the progressive controller then? Click here to enlarge
    Because setting my pump gas map to 15 psi eliminates the boost hitch. No need.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but you probably are dropping potential performance from 8-15psi. And I doubt you hold 15psi though shifts? Anyway just a friendly suggestion. You're already in to is however many hundred dollars. May as well do it right IMHO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but you probably are dropping potential performance from 8-15psi. And I doubt you hold 15psi though shifts? Anyway just a friendly suggestion. You're already in to is however many hundred dollars. May as well do it right IMHO.
    I'll log ignition and meth flow with my current setup. My 135 timing was impeccable though (when the meth was working). We'll see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a question: What do I set the settings for the new interface? My settings are all weird and it asks me to set the settings before I can save...Thanks!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The settings I'm talking about are Nitrous/Tire Integration...btw haha
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    I had a question: What do I set the settings for the new interface? My settings are all weird and it asks me to set the settings before I can save...Thanks!
    Ask @Terry@BMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12