Close

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    that was on V4 during an event in october under very heavy rain. Happened only that time. Also there is NO difference in the maps of V5 and V4, at least from what Shiv stated. themyst you must have an issue with your car if it missfires that much. something is causing it and it cant be the procede otherwise ALL AT cars would be misfiring. If mine doesnt wi NO taper at all at redline and 15 psi and dont see why yours does.
    Well, I am not misfiring stock, and I'm about to try a JB tune to see if it misfires on that. And if you do a search for misfire+procede on e90, you will see many that misfire cylinder 6 on 6AT, same symptoms as me, 6000 RPM+ but usually near redline. I can name three off the top of my head who have the same issue, and that's before the search.

enrita, you have upgraded turbos though... I am FBO + meth on stock turbos... the mapping is more than likely different.

I did the harness mod, have no separate DP fix in, reset all adaptations 3x. I don't misfire stock, nor have I on V4. If I was misfiring stock or my car had fairly high mileage, I'd buy into the whole plugs/coils/injectors thing. I have an '09 LCI e90 with 13k miles, 1.5k miles tuned. It's frustrating to say the least....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    If mine doesnt wi NO taper at all at redline and 15 psi and dont see why yours does.
    from what ive heard from other consumers, the problem doesnt really begin to show itself until 16+psi. not saying you will have them, its just something to keep an eye out for (as if you wouldnt anyway Click here to enlarge )

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Well, I am not misfiring stock, and I'm about to try a JB tune to see if it misfires on that. And if you do a search for misfire+procede on e90, you will see many that misfire cylinder 6 on 6AT, same symptoms as me, 6000 RPM+ but usually near redline. I can name three off the top of my head who have the same issue, and that's before the search.

enrita, you have upgraded turbos though... I am FBO + meth on stock turbos... the mapping is more than likely different.

I did the harness mod, have no separate DP fix in, reset all adaptations 3x. I don't misfire stock, nor have I on V4. If I was misfiring stock or my car had fairly high mileage, I'd buy into the whole plugs/coils/injectors thing. I have an '09 LCI e90 with 13k miles, 1.5k miles tuned. It's frustrating to say the least....
    FWIW, your not the only guy I know that has recurring misfires on the procede, which is what i originally tried saying. Im sorry to hear about it, I was hoping for the best for you and your car.

I hope you can get some kind of refund (are you still within the free trial/refund time?) or at least a free VIN unlock to pass it on used or something. Having gone from jb3-v4/5-back to JB (now jb4), im really anxious to hear your opinion on the differences between them now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    from what ive heard from other consumers, the problem doesnt really begin to show itself until 16+psi. not saying you will have them, its just something to keep an eye out for (as if you wouldnt anyway Click here to enlarge )

FWIW, your not the only guy I know that has recurring misfires on the procede, which is what i originally tried saying. Im sorry to hear about it, I was hoping for the best for you and your car.

I hope you can get some kind of refund (are you still within the free trial/refund time?) or at least a free VIN unlock to pass it on used or something. Having gone from jb3-v4/5-back to JB (now jb4), im really anxious to hear your opinion on the differences between them now.
    Refund what? Click here to enlarge I bought it used from Mr. Burger.

I think you jinxed me heh, let themyst's car run well til track day, Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Refund what? Click here to enlarge I bought it used from Mr. Burger.

I think you jinxed me heh, let themyst's car run well til track day, Click here to enlarge
    lol, oh yea, i forgot. Click here to enlarge But it wasnt a jynx, its my psychic abilities kickin in Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm so behind. v5 now? I need to get home and continue the journey towards MORE POWER. ( I hear Tim Allen in my head as I type that, cheesy I know)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718