Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Where are the Stage 3+ built motor S65 superchargers?

I'm not making this thread to point out anyone in particular, just asking in general. Nobody has any built motor results out there yet. ESS announced their Stage 3 intentions a long time ago but their only built motor car (PG's stroker) is getting rebuilt. They supposedly had some other Stage 3 car but silence on this front.

Gintani has been working diligently on this but I think their move has delayed things. I'm not really sure what I'm allowed to say so I'll keep somethings to myself but this should be approaching completion I would think. They have two built motor motor cars but they have been relatively quiet as well.

AA and VF don't even have anything on this front and are just way behind.

G-power seems to be the only one with a successful running built motor supercharged setup holding the 60-130 record for E92 M3's at the moment.

So what gives? Anyone know anything or is everyone keeping quiet? This has me thinking the built motors with SC's aren't exactly all that easy to do.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i have been thinking about doing an engine build along side my gintani stage 2+ gotta talk to Alex because its been a while...r u still building your engine or no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i have been thinking about doing an engine build along side my gintani stage 2+ gotta talk to Alex because its been a while...r u still building your engine or no?
    I'm just sitting back and waiting, when the transmission is done I decide. Motor is out...

I want to see what it can do and I'm curious. With 600 whp being done repeatedly now at around 8-9 psi of boost on stock internals, imagine what a built motor with 20+ psi is capable of?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm just sitting back and waiting, when the transmission is done I decide. Motor is out...

I want to see what it can do and I'm curious. With 600 whp being done repeatedly now at around 8-9 psi of boost on stock internals, imagine what a built motor with 20+ psi is capable of?
    that would be every interesting would be a rare monster in the world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    that would be every interesting would be a rare monster in the world.
    I'm hoping that built motor boosted S65's become more common but thus far... where are they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm hoping that built motor boosted S65's become more common but thus far... where are they?
    i know here on the east coast its rare to see a s65 s/c but their are becoming more common maybe in a year or 2 more people who are boosted want more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Doesn't tightie have a stage 3+?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't tightie have a stage 3+?
    Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes.
    I think I remember him saying months ago he would do a full write up on his car. I guess he ran into some problems with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I think I remember him saying months ago he would do a full write up on his car. I guess he ran into some problems with it.
    I think those problems were all solved from what I understand, just issues with belts I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hear that they were having a hard time finding a belt that wouldn't slip. But that's just what I hear
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    I hear that they were having a hard time finding a belt that wouldn't slip. But that's just what I hear
    Yes, hence a change to cog drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

dont they have a tensioner for them? or is that only for roots blowers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

As i have heard as well. Problem with the belt slipping. i think i heard it ripped onced but i cant confirm that.

do you know what the stage 3 engine build for Gintani Consists of?

or in general what the basis of an engine build for this car would be needed
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    As i have heard as well. Problem with the belt slipping. i think i heard it ripped onced but i cant confirm that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    dont they have a tensioner for them? or is that only for roots blowers?
    There is a tensioner but it doesn't change the issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The Stage 3 is built low compression motor + larger blower.

So new rods and pistons + different supercharger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

ahhh, so it IS bigger SC. got it. I knew the pistons and rods thats pretty much any regular job for an engine build. no crankshaft no cams no valves?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

ahhh, so it IS bigger SC. got it. I knew the pistons and rods thats pretty much any regular job for an engine build. no crankshaft no cams no valves?
    Heads, cams, and crank all stay stock for the Stage 3. Displacement is the same.

I am thinking about increasing displacement so for a Stage 4 or 5 it would be new crank. I'm not sure if the valves are modified, Alex told me something about the valves once but I don't know for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Heads, cams, and crank all stay stock for the Stage 3. Displacement is the same.

I am thinking about increasing displacement so for a Stage 4 or 5 it would be new crank. I'm not sure if the valves are modified, Alex told me something about the valves once but I don't know for sure.
    yes you're right i remember now. i beleive the stage 3 just has a different Bore diameter too.

stroke and bore(stage 4..), yea new crank pistons and rods. as far as valves i mean i forgot this car already revs so high so i dont even think valves are needed maybe just like a ceramic coating or something to keep it from cracking or something ive read somewhere.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

yes you're right i remember now. i beleive the stage 3 just has a different Bore diameter too.
    You are right on the bore, forgot to mention the block is sleeved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

woahh, they bore it. and then they sleeve it back up? does it make it stronger engine block or something then? to be able to hold the extra power and boost.

and i never thought this but.. why doesnt their stage 1,2,+ engines have the "slipping belt" syndrome. does the stage 3 have a different set up as well.. i mean i couldnt really tell a difference. or is it cause of the power.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What size pulleys are these kits running? And, what is the redline again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

woahh, they bore it. and then they sleeve it back up? does it make it stronger engine block or something then? to be able to hold the extra power and boost.

and i never thought this but.. why doesnt their stage 1,2,+ engines have the "slipping belt" syndrome. does the stage 3 have a different set up as well.. i mean i couldnt really tell a difference. or is it cause of the power.
    My understanding is it is the setup up ratio of the blower used. The blower is known for belt slipping issues on all platforms.

When sleeved yes, it is much stronger and it is bored just a mm or so, nothing major.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    What size pulleys are these kits running? And, what is the redline again?
    Don't know what size pulley but redline is 8400 rpm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast