Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    ASR Engineering has been removed as a vendor

    Click here to enlarge

    ASR Engineering is no longer a supporting vendor at BimmerBoost. There are several reasons for this and this is being brought to your attention in order to prevent our members from incurring losses. There have been several issues with ASR that are simply inexcusable and we can no longer in good conscience endorse their business. The only reason ASR ever was a vendor here in the first place is due to a pre-existing arrangement with two members on the staff before this site came into existence. This arrangement was honored in good faith but simply, enough is enough, and the reasons why are below.

    You may have seen recently where user George Smooth posted his experience with ASR. This is just a bad situation in which Abid simply has shown no heart, doing absolutely nothing to resolve it. There is $3320 that Abid took for an exhaust that he did not deliver. If this was not bad enough, it has caused issues for George in his home country of South Africa. These issues prevent George from taking his family on vacation out of the country or ordering certain parts from overseas. All it would take to correct this is $100 and Abid won't even do that. To put it simply, Abid has no conscience. If it isn't bad enough he has stolen over three grand, he does not even have the decency to put up $100 to help George resolve his banking situation. Low class, despicable, and something we will not tolerate.

    We wish this was the only story, but it isn't. Some users may be familiar with GT3 Ranger who in good faith sent Abid his M5 to do a twin turbo project. Well, we have been in contact with GT3 Ranger from the beginning of the project and warned him that Abid could not deliver something so complex. Ranger pushed ahead anyway and now can not even get a hold of Abid after spending... well, not our place to say. We won't go much further as we do not wish to violate Ranger's confidence but obviously the twin turbo has not been completed and he ended up having to buy another M5 while this one collects dust. Abid promised him the world and did not deliver and Ranger simply has no choice but to eat the cost that Abid pocketed and has lost complete faith in this ever being completed or even getting any money back.

    ASR has been removed from M5board for scamming people on exhausts. ASR takes deposits, and does not deliver the product. Abid refuses to answer phone calls, return e-mails, or communicate in any fashion with those he has scammed or even anyone else for that matter. If you are in the Florida area you are likely safe as you can meet him face to face. But as you just read with George, if you are overseas, forget it.

    ASR Engineering is not to be trusted, they simply can't be. The customer service is poor, they have scammed our members, and simply are a bottom tier BMW shop if even that. Installing nitrous on a car does not make you a world class tuner capable of doing custom twin turbos on a BMW M5 S85 V10. I pointed out on M5board that I would not trust Abid to tune my radio and that this V10 project was beyond his abilities. For that, I was temp banned as Abid forced Gustav to do so ($) and I'm sure Gustav is preparing his apology. History has shown ASR's true colors and ASR will not be endorsed here. BimmerBoost will also pony up the $100 to resolve George's situation and if Abid has even a single honest bone in his body he will do the right thing. He has had since January of this year to do that though, so no one hold their breath.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    743
    Rep Points
    1,050.8
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Class A D-bag. Dispicable business practices. Karma will kick his ass one day.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,052
    Rep Points
    2,782.6
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Big ups to BB for hooking up Georgesmooth

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/ve...os/asrlogo.jpg

    BimmerBoost will also pony up the $100 to resolve George's situation and if Abid has even a single honest bone in his body he will do the right thing.
    This is totally not necessary. Its a legal issue and the funds have to be returned by the company I sent them too. As a update to this post as well Abid did call me last night to resolve our issues. I will update this thread as well once the funds are returned.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    15.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Bimmerboost influence FTW Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    Bimmerboost influence FTW Click here to enlarge
    He actually called me yesterday before this occurred. I think oddjob spoke to him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Too late IMO.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Too late IMO.
    For Abid or us?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    He actually called me yesterday before this occurred. I think oddjob spoke to him.
    How did the conversation go?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I never saw a single product from this people.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    He actually called me yesterday before this occurred. I think oddjob spoke to him.
    Too late for this, is what I meant. He should have acted sooner, not waited until crash/burn before picking up a $#@!ing telephone.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Too late for this, is what I meant. He should have acted sooner, not waited until crash/burn before picking up a $#@!ing telephone.
    Exactly, but let's just hope the $100 issue gets resolved. I mean, holding a few grand from George for a whole year and delivering.... nothing? Letting it get to the point it affects his family? I mean, what excuses are there? What is there to explain? It is ridiculous.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i talked with abid today, once you guys hear the real story it may all make sense. it will probably never change your (anyone on here's) opinion of the company though, it never does really. especially for people who have never heard of asr, first impressions matter. i wont try to explain it myself as abid may have left out crucial details or i may not convey the right message or what not. i dont want to be the middle man. but the cliff notes are the funds were returned a while ago, the money is being held up somewhere in bank limbo.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    262
    Rep Points
    161.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Anyone that makes an authentic and thorough attempt to make things right deserves a chance to not be thoroughly crucified, IMHO. However, it sounds like he has more than a few issues to try and rectify.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Anyone that makes an authentic and thorough attempt to make things right deserves a chance to not be thoroughly crucified, IMHO. However, it sounds like he has more than a few issues to try and rectify.
    Absolutely, the issue though is that this is not once, not twice, but multiple times with multiple people and the custom service clearly creates far too many issues to be regarded as dependable or trustworthy.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i talked with abid today, once you guys hear the real story it may all make sense. it will probably never change your (anyone on here's) opinion of the company though, it never does really. especially for people who have never heard of asr, first impressions matter. i wont try to explain it myself as abid may have left out crucial details or i may not convey the right message or what not. i dont want to be the middle man. but the cliff notes are the funds were returned a while ago, the money is being held up somewhere in bank limbo.
    Oddjob, I have tremendous respect for you. I believe you are an honest person, a true enthusiast, and someone with a good heart. I value your opinion and value you as a member here.

    There is much here I can not post. Namely things involving GT3 Ranger. This is not simply a mistake. This is a repeat pattern with many people and we are not talking about small money here. There is no excuse, none, for what George in particular has gone through. There is no excuse for not getting back to people and all the customer service issues that have existed for YEARS, not recently.

    I believe you have gotten a good product from ASR. I believe their nitrous kits are solid. I even believe their exhausts are well made. A good product does not excuse terrible customer service and ripping off members. It does not excuse taking people's money and leaving them out to dry for an extended period. There simply is no justification for it and clearly there are issues.

    We would like to see all these issues resolved, ALL OF THEM, and until they are, we simply can not support ASR. I hope Abid does the right thing, he certainly has the opportunity to do so.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^Thanks and good post Sticky. I hope so too. The products do speak for themselves, and like you mentioned, you need good customer service in order to sell and have happy customers, that's a given and abid has come up short on a few occasions already, especially exhausts from what I've heard.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    ^Thanks and good post Sticky. I hope so too. The products do speak for themselves, and like you mentioned, you need good customer service in order to sell and have happy customers, that's a given and abid has come up short on a few occasions already, especially exhausts from what I've heard.
    +1

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    Rep Points
    8.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    This is totally not necessary. Its a legal issue and the funds have to be returned by the company I sent them too. As a update to this post as well Abid did call me last night to resolve our issues. I will update this thread as well once the funds are returned.
    Hi George, i'm glad Abid has finally step up and return your call. There are few others including me who is still waiting for Abid to reply our email and refund our downpayment from his exhaust groupbuy. I'm also glad he is ban from this forum so we can prevent other members from getting scam by a nasty vendor like him.Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gasterus Click here to enlarge
    Hi George, i'm glad Abid has finally step up and return your call. There are few others including me who is still waiting for Abid to reply our email and refund our downpayment from his exhaust groupbuy. I'm also glad he is ban from this forum so we can prevent other members from getting scam by a nasty vendor like him.Click here to enlarge
    He hasn't returned your money yet either?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    Rep Points
    8.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Unfortunately, yes I'm still waiting for my refund. Last I heard from Abid is on March 2010. He has told me countless times that a credit was being issued, but I receive none. If he is really having issues with his bank, why only the international customers have not received the refund? It sounds more deliberate than coincidence.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gasterus Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately, yes I'm still waiting for my refund. Last I heard from Abid is on March 2010. He has told me countless times that a credit was being issued, but I receive none. If he is really having issues with his bank, why only the international customers have not received the refund? It sounds more deliberate than coincidence.
    This right here highlights our concern, it is not one person, it has been a large amount of time, and it is a repeat issue.

    I wish there was something else I could do to help you but really Abid should have fixed this a LONG time ago.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    5.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, I guess it will be my time to get my money back from ASR. I have refrein from posting anything about my issues with ASR and Abid, but with reading this post I have to do it...enough is enough!!!!

    I ordered a full turbo upgrade for the N54 335 for one of my customer...
    I paid in full for the complete kit: Turbos upgrade, clutch/flywheel, meth kit. 7500$ + $$ in August 2009 Click here to enlarge
    Well at that time it was suppose to take 3-4 weeks to get everything..... Ya!!! right...
    After that no news, no e-mail, no phone...So I am getting a little worried and pissed off, so I hop on a plane and fly down to Miami in January 2010..(note that I am from Montreal, Canada)

    Wow, to my surprise Abid is there to greet me and a buddy of mine.. after 3 hours of bull$#@! I was not able to get my money back but a bunch of promises...
    So Abid made sure I got all the parts except the turbos cause they were not ready... (meth kit, clutch/flywheel/ procede) in a very fast way. Wow! I was glad and my confidence came back..ok. I got parts to show for.

    He also gave me a check for 3000$ just as if I gave im a 1500$ deposit on the turbos, that i could deposit is the date we set on the arival of the turbos came up...fair enough.

    I leave ASR a happy fellow... Now months go by and NO NEWS!!!! So I get pissed once again, go to the bank as decide to deposit the ASR 3000$ check...no luck, NO FUNDS!!! So I am screwed again with 4500$ at ASR and NO turbos.

    So I keep sending e-mail, phone messages with no answers. I decide to go legal.

    A bounced check is fraud and I got my attorney checking out the process for me to get my money back.

    2 months ago I suddenly get a message from ''Robert'' the ASR sale rep saying the the turbos will be ready soon and I can get them. By that time I have already purchased a set from Turbo Dynamics in the UK and I am not interested in ASR anymore, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! So I get a reply from''Robert'' saying that Abid is out of the country but they will issue a refund as soon as he is back....

    I'm still waiting and I, once again, can't reach them.

    Man that sucks.....

    I WANT MY MONEY, whatMs so hard with this concept?

    Anyway I am looking for a plane ticket to make a little visit south as it is getting cold up here.

    First stop Police station for fraud and the US attorney I met at the racetrack.

    One more stories for this tread....
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmershop Click here to enlarge
    I leave ASR a happy fellow... Now months go by and NO NEWS!!!! So I get pissed once again, go to the bank as decide to deposit the ASR 3000$ check...no luck, NO FUNDS!!! So I am screwed again with 4500$ at ASR and NO turbos.

    So I keep sending e-mail, phone messages with no answers. I decide to go legal.

    A bounced check is fraud and I got my attorney checking out the process for me to get my money back.

    2 months ago I suddenly get a message from ''Robert'' the ASR sale rep saying the the turbos will be ready soon and I can get them. By that time I have already purchased a set from Turbo Dynamics in the UK and I am not interested in ASR anymore, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! So I get a reply from''Robert'' saying that Abid is out of the country but they will issue a refund as soon as he is back....

    I'm still waiting and I, once again, can't reach them.
    Not surprised, it just continues.

    I hope everyone understands our position clearly now...

    I'm sorry about your experience, let us know if it does get resolved or if you are kept hanging indefinitely like the others.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    84.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky... by removing him... did you return funds or will you stiff him like he has so many others??

    Medicine doesn't taste so good when it's forced down your throat... lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •