Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Brilliant White from SEMA to the Track!

It was truly a great experience with everyone in Las Vegas for SEMA! Click here to enlarge I really had a blast meeting some Forum members and the M-Fest family was fantastic. I felt like I had been in the fam for years! Thank you to Chris for making it happen for all of us and thank you to the fam for making some great memories.

So Saturday after SEMA I drove back to San Diego and then Sunday drove up to Irvine to OC Racecraft for their track event. It was my first time there and the instructors put on a brief overview and safety course. After a few laps by an instructor I was out on my own to tear it up. After the first couple of sessions Earl, another instructor there and Palantirion on other boards, took me out to show me some tips. After his tips I was taking a much better line, smoother and hitting more speed all around the track. Due to the great instruction I really stepped up and improved by the last session. Click here to enlarge

Now to the car's performance. The new KW Clubsports and RD Sport sway bars completely changed the handling of the car. The car felt completely planted on all the corners and I had much more confidence going into the corners. The ESS S/C performed flawlessly. I tried sessions in A5 mode with DSC on, A5 in MDM mode and then in S5 in MDM mode. The car's power and transmission took all the different settings with ease and hammered the power down! The car is an absolutely beast coming out of the corners and down the straights! Click here to enlarge I went to the track with a mix of 100 and 91 octane and the added octane was noticed for sure. It had a little added pop and where better to try it out than the track. The ESS Brilliant White Beast just begs for more laps! Also, the Brembo BBK was up to the task as one section requires you to drop down to 30mph from almost 130mph! There was no fading or spongy effect either. The track is changed a little for each event and it was pretty demanding with over 20 turns. A great place to put the ESS Brilliant White Beast through its paces.

There were some great cars there headlined by a 1971 Ferrari GTB/4. It was absolutely flawless and he hit the track too! Other cars included Porsche 4S, GT3, TT and a couple of track prepped Porsches. Palantirion had his Z4 M-Coupe that is also ESS boosted, a Audi S4 running meth and a Mitsu Evo to name a few others. Almost all of them flocked to my car when I arrived wondering what I was running. They were all impressed and even more impressed once I took to the track. They loved the sound of the exhaust note and loved how the sedan lapped the track.

I would recommend OCRC to anyone that wants some track time. For me being in SD it is pretty close, so it worked out nicely.

Enough of my rambling on, so check out the pics and vids!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biglare Click here to enlarge
    There were some great cars there headlined by a 1971 Ferrari GTB/4. It was absolutely flawless and he hit the track too!
    Wow man, I would be surprised to see something like that at the track. It's beautiful! I'm going to look over all the vids now, nice post.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

was that at the ET airbase in Irvine?? looks like a blast
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    You mean roadcourse laptime?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Orange County RaceCraft is at El Toro(ET) airbase in Irvine. It was a blast and then some! With the S/C I reached speeds of 130 and there were over 20 turns! An awesome experience and highly recommend the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You mean roadcourse laptime?
    no. by ET i meant el toro

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biglare Click here to enlarge
    Yes, Orange County RaceCraft is at El Toro(ET) airbase in Irvine. It was a blast and then some! With the S/C I reached speeds of 130 and there were over 20 turns! An awesome experience and highly recommend the track.
    so close by, one day i'll try it out
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

no. by ET i meant el toro
    Me and drag racing Click here to enlarge I see ET and I start thinking timeslips, my bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

haha yaa i knew the abbreviation ET was relevant to somewhere, i just forgot when i replied Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge