Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    I dont think you can relate. I know many people who got a BS felony record by simply hanging around he wrong crowd when young. If you had a company, who would you hire, the ones with or without?
    You don't just get a felony by accident, especially if you have a prior clean record. They understand what that means.

I wouldn't hire anyone with a felony, just not worth the risk.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't just get a felony by accident, especially if you have a prior clean record.
    not that it really pertains to what is being discussed here BUT one of my very good friends got a felony conviction by "accident" with a clean record......he is now branded as a sex offender as well. while we were in high school he was 17 and his gf was 16, he turned 18 before she turned 17. he cheated on her, her parents got pissed and pressed charges against him for carnal knowledge of a minor(felony). it stuck, he was convicted and branded a sex offender for the rest of his life. and all he did was something millions of teenagers across america do every weekend........have sex with his GF, who was only 1 year and a few months younger than him.

/end rant.....lol
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you hangout with sex offenders? EEeewwww..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    not that it really pertains to what is being discussed here BUT one of my very good friends got a felony conviction by "accident" with a clean record......he is now branded as a sex offender as well. while we were in high school he was 17 and his gf was 16, he turned 18 before she turned 17. he cheated on her, her parents got pissed and pressed charges against him for carnal knowledge of a minor(felony). it stuck, he was convicted and branded a sex offender for the rest of his life. and all he did was something millions of teenagers across america do every weekend........have sex with his GF, who was only 1 year and a few months younger than him.

/end rant.....lol
    Things like this happen unfortunately but damn, he must have had the worst lawyer in the world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not really, just cause kids do it, doesnt mean its not illegal. anyone of us, (except you sticky-need to have lost your virginity for this one), could have been caught under that one.. And there is nothing you can do, its in black and white..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah, he had a good lawyer, unfortunately the law is the law, and it was illegal. This also was during the time when they were instituting the whole "registered offender" process and for the most part i think they made an example out of him.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't just get a felony by accident, especially if you have a prior clean record. They understand what that means.
    But things are always much more complicated. $#@! happens. It doesn't mean they are stupid or not super intelligent. Im not saying all are without fault either. BTW, I don't mean to imply that I've experienced it, but mainly because of my line of work, I come across many different types of people that under similar or different circumstances, have been through it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    But things are always much more complicated. $#@! happens. It doesn't mean they are stupid or not super intelligent. Im not saying all are without fault either. BTW, I don't mean to imply that I've experienced it, but mainly because of my line of work, I come across many different types of people that under similar or different circumstances, have been through it.
    I'm not calling him stupid, but I'm not calling him smart either. This was not some savvy business ploy it leans much more toward right place, right time, and a roll of the dice.

The system isn't perfect, clearly, but usually to be a felon you have to do something seriously wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i thought with statutory rape if you are within a certain age of the person that is under 18 it doesn't count, i dont remember if its within 1 year or if it is even 2 but im sorry that story just doesnt sound correct, he must really have had the worst lawyer, cuz if that were the case and if person A turns 18 a month later than person B it would be considered statutory rape the courts would be flooded with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    yeah, he had a good lawyer, unfortunately the law is the law, and it was illegal. This also was during the time when they were instituting the whole "registered offender" process and for the most part i think they made an example out of him.
    That is just a weird situation, obviously I don't know all the details but I'm surprised to see a felony conviction for something like that.

Example? Ya, I would say so, damn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    i thought with statutory rape if you are within a certain age of the person that is under 18 it doesn't count, i dont remember if its within 1 year or if it is even 2 but im sorry that story just doesnt sound correct, he must really have had the worst lawyer, cuz if that were the case and if person A turns 18 a month later than person B it would be considered statutory rape the courts would be flooded with them.

thats just it, if cops were called/alerted, it could be and would be persued, unless of course they have parents consent.. and then who knows what $#@! would stir up like that, but who would alert the cops other than the parents.. but yea, 18 is 18

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good thing the magic age here in CT is 16!!!!

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12