Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

No broken images on BB, ever!

I have installed a product which takes all remote images and hosts them on our own server, automatically and seamlessly.

What does this mean? It means that even if you have an old thread, with images that were linked that were taken down, you will still see them. We will have no gaps in content like other forums, pretty sweet right?

This is all done automatically, you don't need to do anything and you likely won't even notice it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Awesome Sticky, I hate dead links/pictures!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

sweet!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

two thumbs up
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

nice mod... just kidding, you fail.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

FWIW some of us do not prefer this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    FWIW some of us do not prefer this.
    Why?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

that's great but I rehost my images so they dont fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Fails is not fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Got PSI Click here to enlarge
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RfsQkzyp4t.../red+x+001.gif

nice mod... just kidding, you fail.
    Don't get it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why?
    Because some of us like link-backs. I like to see where all my images are being referred to, and if it downloads and hosts them then it won't be a reference back to my site. Likewise, part of the copyright is the original host, but if your site takes the image and puts it on your server then it's not linking back to the original site, which means, in some terms, I "submitted" my image to your server, but I didn't I just posted it.

For instance, I never, ever "attach", I always *img*. If I want to update the image (could be a list of things, a picture, a diagram, etc.) I want to be able to remove it and rehost it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Because some of us like link-backs. I like to see where all my images are being referred to, and if it downloads and hosts them then it won't be a reference back to my site. Likewise, part of the copyright is the original host, but if your site takes the image and puts it on your server then it's not linking back to the original site, which means, in some terms, I "submitted" my image to your server, but I didn't I just posted it.

For instance, I never, ever "attach", I always *img*. If I want to update the image (could be a list of things, a picture, a diagram, etc.) I want to be able to remove it and rehost it.
    Well, when you put that image up here you are essentially submitting it to us as it is part of the post. No, you won't have linkbacks. But, our old threads will always be relevant and not be broken.

Also, it isn't something that happens instantly, it happens to older posts over time in the background. From my perspective, it is a positive, it also means we won't lose images just because someone takes them down so we will always have an image database to reference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Don't get it?
    Click here to enlarge

Good mod though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

TL DR but that $#@! is weak. your example is weaksauce. give respect where respect is due without being a weak ass small5smallprick. learn how to post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Good mod though!
    why are you an admin?? you don't do $#@! to contribute to this forum. you can go suck on that GTFO sauce too.

your posts are weak

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, when you put that image up here you are essentially submitting it to us as it is part of the post. No, you won't have linkbacks. But, our old threads will always be relevant and not be broken.

Also, it isn't something that happens instantly, it happens to older posts over time in the background. From my perspective, it is a positive, it also means we won't lose images just because someone takes them down so we will always have an image database to reference.
    Yeah, except you're really not putting an image up here if you're simply linking to it. That's the idea. I often overwrite my images with updates ones during a build thread or such. Further if your forum does expand more you will need way more disk space. Sounds easy/cheap up front but its not. Part of taking down images is that you don't want them up any longer Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    TL DR but that $#@! is weak. your example is weaksauce. give respect where respect is due without being a weak ass small5smallprick. learn how to post.
    Wow man, 5 sentences overwhelms your mental capacity. Learn how to post? Learn how to read. Your car is slow, sucks man. I feel bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yea but my cock is huge and I brag about it in my sig. I'll send you some pics to fap to.
    And I'll leave you a link so you can backtrace them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    Yea but my cock is huge and I brag about it in my sig. I'll send you some pics to fap to.
    And I'll leave you a link so you can backtrace them
    Thanks, I passed it along.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Yeah, except you're really not putting an image up here if you're simply linking to it. That's the idea
    Technically, you are, read the copyright. It doesn't only govern uploaded images so, sorry. This is why some sites have to take links down.

Further if your forum does expand more you will need way more disk space. Sounds easy/cheap up front but its not. Part of taking down images is that you don't want them up any longer
    Are you paying for it or am I? I'm not worried about it, why should you be? I like that all data will be preserved, I don't want threads to lose their images and for it to end up an empty shell like dtmpower for example where nothing is there anymore because all the hosts are long gone. I'll gladly pay to keep everything there for the users to reference, no problem with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

speaking of images have you considered adding a forum for photos and videos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    speaking of images have you considered adding a forum for photos and videos?
    Not necessary, we have media covered in the forums we have. What I have considered adding is a media page to link them all together though, kind of a BBtube type thing.