Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Google cp-e they have a stand back 2
    CP-E is also a vendor here and we have some threads on the standback as well.

I think for this particular user though an entry level system with good support would be the way to go. Something safe, easy to use, and a good value.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You can blow up with any system if you abuse it. A $349 (or $1095) tune does not turn the N54 in to an AMG killer without some risks. As long as you use the systems within their suggested power ratings and guidelines you'll be fine. If you push the boundaries in to uncharted territory then you pays your money and takes your chances. I think the score in terms of blown engines is 3 for the PROcede and 2 for the JB3. But remember we have many more tunes in use and in both cases the cause was the user pushing things further than they should have.
    thanks for explanation, so as i understand everything comes in 1 unit i mean jb4 lets say and i install and GO? Autotuning does all the job? No need any laptop for changing maps on a FLY? Or does maps can be changed only when car is off or how? tell me more please Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by moon999 Click here to enlarge
    thanks for explanation, so as i understand everything comes in 1 unit i mean jb4 lets say and i install and GO? Autotuning does all the job? No need any laptop for changing maps on a FLY? Or does maps can be changed only when car is off or how? tell me more please Terry
    Nope just install and go. Hidden tuner codes delete themselves and you can switch maps driving around using the steering wheel controls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope just install and go. Hidden tuner codes delete themselves and you can switch maps driving around using the steering wheel controls.
    thanks do u have all options listed that jb4 will have? so price will be same as jb3 pnp? install also the same? what about cable from jb4 to glove box will this needed? What about controlling ignition timing are u planing this?

Thanks for support

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

JB3. We have done tons of them with no issues. Great product, and the support is second to none. If you want a fully tuneable solution, the cp-e Standback is a great option as well, but more expensive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    JB3. We have done tons of them with no issues. Great product, and the support is second to none. If you want a fully tuneable solution, the cp-e Standback is a great option as well, but more expensive.
    thanks for answering, i just would like to know more about jb4 that is going to be new product soon, what i am missing is speed delimeter option if all those options would be i definatelly buy JB4, so maybe Terry will post what will be included into new G4, that would really help decide what to buy, because in other words look at procede it cost 945 and all included if JB4 will cost 529 usd and there wont be speed delimeter so i will need to buy it for 150 usd so i want to know what JB4 will include does those all options will be listed:

-AutoTuning
    -User Adjustable
    -On Dash mapswitch
    -DME Code Clearing
    -DME Code Reading
    -CANbus datalogging
    -Custom Tunable
    -Map updating via laptop
    -High Speed datalogging
    -Built-in o2 modifier
    -Speed delimiter
    -Valet speed limiter
    -Active Dash Displays
    -Oil Temp monitoring
    -Warm-up Protection
    -Methanol Compatible
    -Full Ignition, Fuel and Boost control

what g4 will have that procede wont or they both will be equal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

We don't have a delimiter option on the G4 at this time. May add one. But worst case is our $80 add on delimiter. We don't suggest exceeding the factory delimiter if under warranty for obvious reasons. BMW will know if push comes to shove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We don't have a delimiter option on the G4 at this time. May add one. But worst case is our $80 add on delimiter. We don't suggest exceeding the factory delimiter if under warranty for obvious reasons. BMW will know if push comes to shove.
    terry can you answer my post more detailed THANKS about delimeter if my cars warranty is over so i no need to worry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha, i had the same questions as you did, I eventually came to get the JB3, but I think Sticky had a good point as to picking your ultimate goal and then going with what fits those goals the best. As far as I've read, BMS's solutions take care of a lot of the tuning desires of most users. I almost went with the PROcede V4 but with the price difference and really looking at what I wanted, the JB3 took care of all my needs. I looked at the delimiting options too but to be honest 945 for the PROcede vs. 529 for the JB3 and 80 bucks for the BMS delimiter Click here to enlarge...I'm never going to push the boundaries and I'm never going to be one of the guys on the horsepower forefront, but I do want my car to be a quality and fun car to drive and after much chatting with Terry from BMS (sorry about asking about the release date for the JB4 btw :\ hahaha) I'm glad I went with the JB3, especially looking at the install time and the ease of use. If I had to make this choice again, I would go with BMS everytime...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sticky stay out!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky stay out!!!!
    I'm out, sorry.

Let me know when I can come back...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm out, sorry.

Let me know when I can come back...
    Haha does he know who I am?? I'm sorry moon back to the topic Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Proceed support is generally very good, but consider the majority of users tend never to need it.

Until the new JB4 is actually released the feature set will not really be known so if specific features are important to you then better to wait until they are confirmed. For instance the JB3 was marketed as having a specific feature, when this was proven not to exist the manufacturer claimed they were doing something secret in regards to that feature. Independent tests showed it was simply relying on the factory systems ... SEARCH is your friend.

On the current platform (Proceed V4 vs JB3) the engine count is not as indicated in this thread, do some searching (Enrita for one) and make your own conclusions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

enrita was running 20 plus pounds of boost on pump gas and not enough meth correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

enrita was running 20 plus pounds of boost on pump gas and not enough meth correct?
    He was running the knock inducing aftermarket plugs and 20psi on pump and Sevak, who I really don't know what the failure was aside from loss of compression in one cylinder, was running 18.5+psi on a modded board with too little meth, pump, and a misconfigured and sometimes disabled failsafe system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ thanks T too lazy at the moment to look all that up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I cant really understand what you are saying. But wait for the G4 then compare the JB3 and PROcede, get what you think will be the best for your car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it looks like i need to wait for jb4 then i see what features it will offer, aboutdelimeter maybe you are right i am not going to go more than 250km no roads etc and safety is Number 1. Also about these guys enrita and sevak that blow engines using jb3, if i will wont use meth i only install jb4 and go i am not going to change anything using laptop or so on so autotuning will do a job for me as i understand maybe i will be safe enough....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are safe on jb3 too... Those two guys you stated were using map1 which is a custom map and they chose to run the boost they were... If you use any of the street maps and have the proper bolt on's there is no issue Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by mazdaspeed6; 11-09-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

You are safe on jb3 too... Those two guys you stated were using map1 which is a custom map and they chose to run the boost they were... If you use any of the street maps and have the proper bolt on's there is no issue Click here to enlarge
    Exactly...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can shiv answer does map 1 is safe if i have dci only to run and i no need to go into some settings with laptop just install and go? because i really dont want to do some things with laptop connecting and checking it i am not so good at it... as i understand settings are set to safe mode car adopts to it with autotuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by moon999 Click here to enlarge
    can shiv answer does map 1 is safe if i have dci only to run and i no need to go into some settings with laptop just install and go? because i really dont want to do some things with laptop connecting and checking it i am not so good at it... as i understand settings are set to safe mode car adopts to it with autotuning?
    Since I'm not a vendor here, I probably can't say too much without getting my post deleted. But yes, either Map1 or Map2 will be fine to use. After a several runs of autotuning, both maps will end up at the same boost/timing values (whatever is ideal for your mods/conditions/octane). The only difference between map1 and map2 is that map1 starts autotuning with a starting point of at 13.5psi. While map2 starts at 14.5psi. I recommend starting off conservatively (map1) and letting autotuning do it's thing. No laptop required.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Troll?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Troll?
    That's what I thought at first but seems to be a legitimate just a user from another country who is "learning."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dude, how can you suggest to this guy to get the CPE standback 2? Thats like giving a razorblade to a toddler.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast