Close

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Yep! I think we might get the dude himself to enlighten us all Click here to enlarge
    You mean Adrian?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Yep! I think we might get the dude himself to enlighten us all Click here to enlarge
    no way, he'll just ignore it most likely,as thats what he does when he cant spin it to make him look like the good guy, or option B. randomly come in and say "oh i dont come here so i never saw it". which is BS because you know his minions have already called/texted to alert him to it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no way, he'll just ignore it most likely,as thats what he does when he cant spin it to make him look like the good guy, or option B. randomly come in and say "oh i dont come here so i never saw it". which is BS because you know his minions have already called/texted to alert him to it..
    He's viewing this right now.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quite a circle-jerk you guys have going on here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Quite a circle-jerk you guys have going on here.
    Now now, let's not be spiteful:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

option C. acknowldge seeing it and ignore

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Giggity Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure the "haltech" logo on the V4 board confirms a lot of the speculation LOL
    There is no Haltech logo on the v4 board. It is not a Haltech product. Do you need a statement from the owner of Haltech saying the same thing? Or does the fantasy of me being nothing more than a marketing device make you guys sleep better at night. If so, I wouldn't want to get in the way of your beauty sleep Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

There is no Haltech logo on the v4 board. It is not a Haltech product. Do you need a statement from the owner of Haltech saying the same thing?
    Is there a Haltech logo on any product Vishnu has sold in any area?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Haltech clearly explained the relationship and history which I summarized -- funny there is still such denial by some. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Haltech clearly explained the relationship and history which I summarized -- funny there is still such denial by some.
    Well what the hell, it's right there. Just because he got Haltech to take the logo off for the newer boards so he could avoid that direct reference does not mean Haltech does not have their hand in it as they have clearly in the past.

Shiv, I'm a bit disappointed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Early Rev.1 units had a Haltech logo on the PCB board because we based the early Procedes on a Haltech Interceptor, but running proprietary source code, firmware and software. This means that users could not convert one to the other in the field. The other option, at the time, was to sell resistors as tunes.

Since 2007, we have been developing the technology independently of Haltech. Technology which we own. As I'm sure Haltech will confirm if asked. These are the facts and I cannot change them. Try as you may.

Cheers,
    shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

The question was asked and answered by a Haltech executive at the show. They build the hardware and license it's use to Adrian who had designed it as a Haltech employee. Adrian then writes the firmware software for it when not working at his day job.

FWIW their newer stuff seems quite a bit more advanced. Makes sense given the vintage nature of the Interceptor that the Interceptor Platinum was based on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

but running proprietary source code, firmware and software. This means that users could not convert one to the other in the field.
    Why not? I'm willing to bet if one had access to the software they could, as that is all that you were offering, software to interface with the BMW using Haltech hardware, right? You can just upload the new firmware, what is the big deal really?

Since 2007, we have been developing the technology independently of Haltech. Technology which we own. As I'm sure Haltech will confirm if asked. These are the facts and I cannot change them. Try as you may.
    I could care less if you use Haltech or not Shiv.

Does developing technology outside of Haltech mean that you have a former Haltech employee working directly with you? If so, the "technology" is based on Haltech and you are skirting the question by technically claiming you are working outside the Haltech framework with Adrian directly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TerryBMS Click here to enlarge
    The question was asked and answered by a Haltech executive at the show. They build the hardware and license it's use to Adrian who had designed it as a Haltech employee. Adrian then writes the firmware software for it when not working at his day job.

FWIW their newer stuff seems quite a bit more advanced. Makes sense given the vintage nature of the Interceptor that the Interceptor Platinum was based on.
    bzzt... wrong. I'll ask the president of Haltech to clarify things for you and for everyone else you purposely misled. Sticky could use the extra traffic. Back to work for me...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Sticky could use the extra traffic.
    Maybe Adrian could help me with that in his spare time?

Feel free to clarify any of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Oh I got my lube ready for this...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

First page has some wonderfully wrong assumptions and misconceptions. Good drama though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terry,

There is an art as you know to designing your own hardware, your own circuit boards and so forth. Not everyone is cut out for that. Its not a bad thing for them to use someone elses work, just sucks that they take credit for it.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    First page has some wonderfully wrong assumptions and misconceptions. Good drama though.
    enlighten us plz to clear anything up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    First page has some wonderfully wrong assumptions and misconceptions.
    Such as?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

bzzt... wrong. I'll ask the president of Haltech to clarify things for you and for everyone else you purposely misled. Sticky could use the extra traffic. Back to work for me...
    For example Haltech said they assemble the boards. Are you telling me this is not true and that the Haltech executive lied to me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    enlighten us plz to clear anything up
    I'll let the thread run it's course makes for a good read. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Listen regardless of whose right or wrong in this topic you have to admit that the procede is a far superior product on the rest of the competition in many ways and it will make you go fast. who cares who's effin name is on a computer board. is everyone that pretencious that you rather worry about who's working with who then getting in your machine and beating the $hit out of it for all its worth. If its a good piece of equipment, buy it. if it sucks, dont. But dont loose sight of our goal here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zolop8 Click here to enlarge
    who cares who's effin name is on a computer board
    Shiv? Makes it difficult to take credit when you aren't actually doing anything other than posting about how great you are.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zolop8 Click here to enlarge
    Listen regardless of whose right or wrong in this topic you have to admit that the procede is a far superior product on the rest of the competition in many ways and it will make you go fast.
    Well that's the thing, that isn't the topic.

Isn't integrity important as well? Do we want someone who is just willingly to blatantly lie about the product to get support? Doesn't credibility matter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Isn't integrity important as well? Do we want someone who is just willingly to blatantly lie about the product to get support? Doesn't credibility matter?
    lol.. waitasec. You're referring to me?? Oh the irony. Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast