Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Question, is there any diffrence between DVs and a BOV?

Planning on getting a stett charge pipe, but should I go for DVs or a BOV, is there any difference except the sound?

Help Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, function wise, yes. The diverter valves will release the pressurized air in your charge-pipe straight into your intake on throttle close, while a BOV will just throw it straight out to atmosphere.

Is there any performance difference on the N54? If there is, it is small and hard to quantify. Being MAP sensor based for fueling, the BOV will not cause any overly rich or lean condition on the N54.

Quality BOVs like the Syncronic, SSQV or Tial may resist leaking better than your stock diverter valves at 18psi. In that case, there would be a performance benefit. I know the Syncronic has a 17ms response time, which if better than stock (I'm sure it is) should allow for a faster transition into boost from off throttle and may result in better boost holding and faster spooling during and after the shift for manual transmission users.

I've never tested any aftermarket diverter valves, so I can't comment on their boost holding ability.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, I also wondered about meth being in the charge pipe at the time of valve opening, is there any risk venting pressurized air mixed with meth under your hood? And for the diverter setup, is there any thing (good or bad) with dumping air+meth into the intake (pre turbos etc.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not sure about the diverters, I'm sure it depends on your water/meth ratio but I would think that it all would have changed phase to gas before hitting your compressor wheel.

I highly doubt you will be under any hazard by running the BOV.