Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Guys any updates on Sev's car? Im dying to see more pics Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So it appears it will not be the first ever tuned S54 turbo in the USA, b/c they just ordered a AEM piggyback setup...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    So it appears it will not be the first ever tuned S54 turbo in the USA, b/c they just ordered a AEM piggyback setup...
    Yep, that is what I read as well. Wish Gintani would keep us informed on this kind of stuff.

A bummer, really, as a lot of time was wasted trying to do this. Oh well, the AEM style setup is tried and true and apparently the way to go. They tried, I commend the effort, clearly not easy.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, that is what I read as well. Wish Gintani would keep us informed on this kind of stuff.

A bummer, really, as a lot of time was wasted trying to do this. Oh well, the AEM style setup is tried and true and apparently the way to go. They tried, I commend the effort, clearly not easy.
    Its awesome that they tried, however people have tried 3 years ago bro.... Its just easier to go with the AEM and you get better tuning capabilities from what ive been told. You can only flash the ECU a number of times before its history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Its awesome that they tried, however people have tried 3 years ago bro.... Its just easier to go with the AEM and you get better tuning capabilities from what ive been told. You can only flash the ECU a number of times before its history.
    I agree with you. Wanted to see it happen, we all did.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Curious, TazaM3 does your car run the same AEM engine management system that HPF uses?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I think he does run Stand alone
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I think he does run Stand alone
    He has a standalone and the factory DME.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another question, does your car run without a check engine light? That is one thing about the HPF turbo system that I don't care for is the engine light, I understand why its on, but I still don't like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adgar Click here to enlarge
    Another question, does your car run without a check engine light? That is one thing about the HPF turbo system that I don't care for is the engine light, I understand why its on, but I still don't like it.
    i dont believe that taza's car has a CEL on. AA has the ability to turn it off. HPF does not have the ability to touch the stock ECU, that is why their kits have a CEL on.
    Garage Queen LSB 2001 M3 | VF Engineering Stg 1 | Black out package | Depo Smoke corners | LED smoked Tail lights | UUC short Shifter | UUC RK5 shift knob | Vorsteiner V-CSL Vented Race Hood | CF windshield washer grill | H&R Springs | HRE C21, black center with custom LSB colored Lip | BSW Stg 1 Speakers | BSW Dual 10" Sub setup
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Bro our HPF car has NO check engine lights!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Did you send your ECU to anyone to turn it off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

No bro, I will double check but i recall no check engine lights of any sort ON. I am messaging the customer now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did you have anyone turn it off? because from what i know HPF cars has a the yellow SES light on. your guage pod typically gets in the way and blocks it. HPF chris has confirmed this several times over the internet so i know its on. unless you had it turned off by someone, then that would explain it. from what i know, the SES light is on because the factory DME is no longer controlling Vanos, per chris at HPF. they sacrified having the light stay lit in order to acheive 30-40 more whp throught out the power band.
    Garage Queen LSB 2001 M3 | VF Engineering Stg 1 | Black out package | Depo Smoke corners | LED smoked Tail lights | UUC short Shifter | UUC RK5 shift knob | Vorsteiner V-CSL Vented Race Hood | CF windshield washer grill | H&R Springs | HRE C21, black center with custom LSB colored Lip | BSW Stg 1 Speakers | BSW Dual 10" Sub setup
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Im double checking now. will let you all know, i could be wrong but i dont remember it being there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by finger123 Click here to enlarge
    did you have anyone turn it off? because from what i know HPF cars has a the yellow SES light on. your guage pod typically gets in the way and blocks it. HPF chris has confirmed this several times over the internet so i know its on. unless you had it turned off by someone, then that would explain it. from what i know, the SES light is on because the factory DME is no longer controlling Vanos, per chris at HPF. they sacrified having the light stay lit in order to acheive 30-40 more whp throught out the power band.
    CONFIRMED! No CEL! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CONFIRMED! No CEL! Click here to enlarge
    someone must of turned it off in your DME. obviously chris at HPF is not going to give misinformation about his product and not jus that other HPF owners has confirmed that yes the SES light does exist. thats why scott, the first person with the stage 2.5 developed his own way of hiding the ses light.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by finger123 Click here to enlarge
    someone must of turned it off in your DME. obviously chris at HPF is not going to give misinformation about his product and not jus that other HPF owners has confirmed that yes the SES light does exist. thats why scott, the first person with the stage 2.5 developed his own way of hiding the ses light.
    Well the car is an 05 ZCP and i def didnt turn off the CEL on the car and neither did the customer. HPF did not misinform people, this might be a freak occurence. Were just lucky i guess. I did flash the OEM ECU to the latest software though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I can turn mine off but it comes back 15-20 tops. Did he just unplug light.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I can turn mine off but it comes back 15-20 tops. Did he just unplug light.
    Nope no one unplugged anything.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very weird, something is wrong with the light or something. Do you know how many error codes the ECU is reading with the kit on? ALOT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the car is an 05 ZCP and i def didnt turn off the CEL on the car and neither did the customer. HPF did not misinform people, this might be a freak occurence. Were just lucky i guess. I did flash the OEM ECU to the latest software though.
    definately strangre bro.. your the first hpf owner that says they have no SES light lit and nothing was done to it. very wierd. not saying your wrong bro, just that i know for a fact that HPF cars do have a lit SES light. but oh well.. if your car doesnt have it, so be it. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

LOL yeah im happy its not there though. Car is working 100% and its a customers car from Kuwait who'll join up and chime in as soon as he can. The car will be here with me in 2 weeks to do the HPF reinforcement kit and then i can show you guys pics and vids etc.

Just called HPF and they thought it was fracking weird but all we could do was laugh! Click here to enlarge I'll give them more details so they can check it out once the car is in Bahrain.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's probably just unplugged.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast