Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    The valve works on a dutycycle base. the longer it is open the more pressure has time to build up and the more flow. The quicker it opens and closes the less pressure has built up and less flow.

Again, you are not getting 160 psi to the injector. Put a pressure gauge there and see. Make sure you are sitting down.

CM
    Same could be said with a fuel injector. The 160 psi head pressure is behind the valve. What you pulse depends on DC. You are DC controlling a pump 10 feet away from your nozzle. You can't honestly be saying this is ideal.

I have a thread running - you should come in on a more technical discussion and say these things.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1548570

I should get Richard from Aquamist to school you.

Kind of disappointed that you think this is ideal. Then again, I guess thats why Aquamist has been in WRC for years and .... coolingmist/snow/devilsown/AIS have not....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Same could be said with a fuel injector. The 160 psi head pressure is behind the valve. What you pulse depends on DC. You are DC controlling a pump 10 feet away from your nozzle. You can't honestly be saying this is ideal.

I have a thread running - you should come in on a more technical discussion and say these things.

I should get Richard from Aquamist to school you.

Kind of disappointed that you think this is ideal. Then again, I guess thats why Aquamist has been in WRC for years and .... coolingmist/snow/devilsown/AIS have not....
    im not a vendor so I cant post there. I dont "think" I know. Its a matter of fact. You are buying into his marketing and I really feel sorry for you. Why not put a pressure gauge before and after the injector and post the video. I think all of us need to see this. Just make sure your sitting down because your world may come crashing down.

Flow is a calculation of pressure. You are making a fool out of yourself.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're not a member there because you can't hang with people who are clued in. Post as a user. Make an anonymous name. I am not believing his marketing, I know what a proper fuel system is like and its not arbitrarily spraying at a boost level. You're crazy if you think that. Spraying based on boost is a horrible idea and makes your kit no better than a snow kit. If I ran your $#@! and trigger 100% at 28 psi I'd be running the same amount of methanol at 7000 RPM as 5200 RPM.... yet my motor needs more fuel at 5200 RPM than 7000 RPM. Great idea!!!!!!!!

Was hasn't Coolingmist been exclusively used in in WRC and other chapters of racing.. hrmmm....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're not a member there because you can't hang with people who are clued in. Post as a user. Make an anonymous name. I am not believing his marketing, I know what a proper fuel system is like and its not arbitrarily spraying at a boost level. You're crazy if you think that. Spraying based on boost is a horrible idea and makes your kit no better than a snow kit. If I ran your $#@! and trigger 100% at 28 psi I'd be running the same amount of methanol at 7000 RPM as 5200 RPM.... yet my motor needs more fuel at 5200 RPM than 7000 RPM. Great idea!!!!!!!!
    Great way to change the subject. Take the 10 fastest N54s in the world and you will find a few interesting facts.

1) most of them run a coolingmist kit
    2) those that dont run a boost based kit
    3) I dont know any running your kit, clue me in if you have one or 2.

Was hasn't Coolingmist been exclusively used in in WRC and other chapters of racing.. hrmmm....
    Maybe its because They are in Europe and I am not? Maybe its because we dont use a printer actuator out of a ink jet printer and call it a "high speed valve" ? Lots of reasons.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol Laloosh you're the man bro , I've also got a nice response on the other forum :

However, I suppose the default values for progressive could also be somewhat unsafe depending on your tune. Somewhere in response to Sevak's engine failure, I believe on Terry's forum, are comments suggesting that ramping meth too slowly can be dangerous. At low flow rates it may not get distributed to the far cylinders, whereas seeing flow the JB will switch maps and advance timing immediately. So in short you have to understand what you're doing when running meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10 fastest running coolingmist lol... isn't this the marketing hype you were talking about. For instance, here is a 335 owner who has a clue....

Here's a quote from A32guy who is not a nut swinger:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by a32guy Click here to enlarge
    Have you seen the cheesy coolingmist CMGS or whatever the hell its called? Its hilarious, just watch one of their videos for programming it. Absolute mess.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by a32guy Click here to enlarge
    So many clueless folks over on E90 post. I really can't even go in there.

They're all brainwashed with these made-up terms that the tuners throw out there. All the lemmings follow the words of Shiv, and end up with some mickey mouse "plug and play" methanol system.

So funny, and true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe its because They are in Europe and I am not? Maybe its because we dont use a printer actuator out of a ink jet printer and call it a "high speed valve" ? Lots of reasons.
    CM
    LOL fully programmable IDC unit with map switching... and you're comparing your cheesy kit - cmon man. Maybe its because you're not making any real exciting power. Somehow I didn't have to tune a thing and cranked out almost 700 rwhp on a 2.8L lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10 fastest running coolingmist lol... isn't this the marketing hype you were talking about. For instance, here is a 335 owner who has a clue....

Here's a quote from A32guy who is not a nut swinger:

So funny, and true.
    I cant help it if he is not technical enough to change 3 params on a gauge. And why do I care what thinks? We made a single gauge that can do many things. Its more flexible than other controllers on the market. Those that just want to use the gauge to inject progressively without the failsafe, dont need to do any "programming" at all. Just plug and play.

CM

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    30k posts on the other forum.....how are you still so stupid to misunderstand basic pressure concepts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL fully programmable IDC unit with map switching... and you're comparing your cheesy kit - cmon man. Maybe its because you're not making any real exciting power. Somehow I didn't have to tune a thing and cranked out almost 700 rwhp on a 2.8L lol.
    I have not been comparing anything. I am simply saying that you keep changing the subject. Facts are that your kit has a huge pressure drop and the pressure changes to change flow. You cant grasp the fact that to change flow, somewhere along the line after the solenoid the pressure changes. Simple fact.

All your other stuff is you trying to change the subject because you were either mis-informed or just plain lack common sense.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have not been comparing anything. I am simply saying that you keep changing the subject. Facts are that your kit has a huge pressure drop and the pressure changes to change flow. You cant grasp the fact that to change flow, somewhere along the line after the solenoid the pressure changes. Simple fact.

All your other stuff is you trying to change the subject because you were either mis-informed or just plain lack common sense.

CM
    OMG my fuel injectors have a pressure drop on the outlet side too! OMG OMG OMG! That's called an injector. A valve is always going to have less pressure behind the switch than in front lol. The fact that you think this is some sort of "gotcha" is comical. $#@! so my 3 bar fuel pressure is less on the outlet side of my fuel injector? $#@!! What am I going to do?! Oh, I know! I'll just control the speed of my fuel pump and leave my injectors wide open.

LOL

too funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OMG my fuel injectors have a pressure drop on the outlet side too! OMG OMG OMG! That's called an injector. A valve is always going to have less pressure behind the switch than in front lol. The fact that you think this is some sort of "gotcha" is comical. $#@! so my 3 bar fuel pressure is less on the outlet side of my fuel injector? $#@!! What am I going to do?! Oh, I know! I'll just control the speed of my fuel pump and leave my injectors wide open.

LOL

too funny.
    you said that your kit stays at a constant 160 psi and that is crap. Your pump may but your fluid pressure after the solenoid does not. You do not have 160 psi going to your injector. Your valve has a massive pressure drop.

Lalooshes kit and others have much higher pressure and its significant.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its a constant 160 psi head pressure. Do you know what that means?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only constante PSI you have is 160 psi to the pump. Thats not a bad thing, but that is where it ends. From the valve to the injector has a significant pressure drop due to the flow restriction of the valve. From there as you PWM the valve the pressure changes further, that is how you increase the flow rate. If you put a pressure gauge between the solenoid and the injector you will see as the flow rate changes, so does the pressure.

Thats all I have to say.

CM
    Last edited by coolingmist; 10-26-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dave is VC2 compatible with the way the Procede incorporates progressive meth mapping ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes the vc2 when used with the procede and setup for the procede is identical in every way. We simply do the same thing the procede failsafe does, give .1 volts for every 100 ccm of flow. When used with the Jb3 you set the vc2 up different and it works differently.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're not a member there because you can't hang with people who are clued in.
    This isn't necessarily fair. You are attempting to invite someone to your "turf" to get back up in a sense from people you speak to all the time. So you may feel a bit out of place not having a group who might blindly agree with you here. There is some truth to both aspects as there are a lot of knowledgable guys on bf.c and I really wish to bolster the S50/S52 segment in particular as we are much more focused on newer FI options.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys could really do some great stuff that would be a valuable resource to read btw without constantly calling each other idiots.

Same team guys, come on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sticky do I get an award for the most extreme threads started ? lmao ;]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    sticky do I get an award for the most extreme threads started ? lmao ;]
    Heh, maybe, keep it going.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only constante PSI you have is 160 psi to the pump. Thats not a bad thing, but that is where it ends. From the valve to the injector has a significant pressure drop due to the flow restriction of the valve. From there as you PWM the valve the pressure changes further, that is how you increase the flow rate. If you put a pressure gauge between the solenoid and the injector you will see as the flow rate changes, so does the pressure.

That's all I have to say

CM

Yes. You've said this and you still don't seem to understand. Let me explain something that might make more sense. My fuel pump runs at a given pressure behind my fuel injectors which are in my fuel rail. They spray fuel into my intake behind a fast acting valve (we call these specific valves fuel injectors). Therefore, in my fuel system the fuel pressure between the pump side of the rail system and the outlet of the injector (identical to a solenoid or DC operated valve) is different - gasp! It's almost like an Aquamist HFS-6 operates as a supplementary fuel system, pulsing the valve (insert the word injector here) rather than modifying the speed of the pump. The line volume behind the valve is very low, hence the importance of a short line length (4mm by the way, not huge 1/4" lines with tons of pressure drop) in order for the fuel to be distributed at a proper rate. The fuel injectors pulse at 40% DC, and the HFS-6 valve pulse at 40% DC, because it's modeled off of fuel injector flow and jetted in the proper ratio. When fuel demands elevate, methanol supply elevates - there is nothing linear about spraying "100%" pump speed at 3000 RPM and 5000 RPM - if you fail to see this you should never speak again.

So rather than point a high pressure garden hose into my intake that blasts off the same flow at a given PSI regardless of what power the engine is making through the RPM range, I have a more proper supplementary fuel system that models its flow off of fuel injector demand.

By the way - anyone running an M10 nozzle is running roughly 1100CC/MIN through a single orifice. The Aquamist kit is engineered better by running dual or triple small nozzles to preserve atomization at high flow volume. All 4mm lines so the pulsing accuracy isn't sacrificed, digital I/O for logging of flow module and duty cycle output, tunable ramp rates, gain, threshold... and in fact, if you're stupid, they allow you to change a jumper to spray based on PSI if you really want to cripple your unit.

I'll take that over "the system sprays a $#@! ton of fluid into the intake.... but the engine closed loop adjusts for it" lol.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This isn't necessarily fair. You are attempting to invite someone to your "turf" to get back up in a sense from people you speak to all the time. So feel a bit out of place not having a group who might blindly agree with you here. There is some truth to both aspects as there are a lot of knowledgable guys on bf.c and I really wish to bolster the S50/S52 segment in particular as we are much more focused on newer FI options.
    No - I want him to go over there because we have a multitude of fluid engineers who are all prepared to laugh at him and his "mickey mouse" setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. You've said this and you still don't seem to understand. Let me explain something that might make more sense. My fuel pump runs at a given pressure behind my fuel injectors which are in my fuel rail. They spray fuel into my intake behind a fast acting valve (we call these specific valves fuel injectors). Therefore, in my fuel system the fuel pressure between the pump side of the rail system and the outlet of the injector (identical to a solenoid or DC operated valve) is different - gasp! It's almost like an Aquamist HFS-6 operates as a supplementary fuel system, pulsing the valve (insert the word injector here) rather than modifying the speed of the pump. The line volume behind the valve is very low, hence the importance of a short line length (4mm by the way, not huge 1/4" lines with tons of pressure drop) in order for the fuel to be distributed at a proper rate. The fuel injectors pulse at 40% DC, and the HFS-6 valve pulse at 40% DC, because it's modeled off of fuel injector flow and jetted in the proper ratio. When fuel demands elevate, methanol supply elevates - there is nothing linear about spraying "100%" pump speed at 3000 RPM and 5000 RPM - if you fail to see this you should never speak again.

So rather than point a high pressure garden hose into my intake that blasts off the same flow at a given PSI regardless of what power the engine is making through the RPM range, I have a more proper supplementary fuel system that models its flow off of fuel injector demand.

By the way - anyone running an M10 nozzle is running roughly 1100CC/MIN through a single orifice. The Aquamist kit is engineered better by running dual or triple small nozzles to preserve atomization at high flow volume. All 4mm lines so the pulsing accuracy isn't sacrificed, digital I/O for logging of flow module and duty cycle output, tunable ramp rates, gain, threshold... and in fact, if you're stupid, they allow you to change a jumper to spray based on PSI if you really want to cripple your unit.

I'll take that over "the system sprays a $#@! ton of fluid into the intake.... but the engine closed loop adjusts for it" lol.

No - I want him to go over there because we have a multitude of fluid engineers who are all prepared to laugh at him and his "mickey mouse" setup.

I understand more than you know. I dont care about your fuel injection setup. You made it clear that your "system" injects at 160 psi. I made it clear that your system injects at far less pressure.

You can write a dozen paragraphs, I dont care. It does not change the fact you have to change the pressure to change the flow, something you cant seem to grasp.

your idea about being able to run multiple injectors at better atomizion is wrong as well. Its all about pressure. If his system has the same nozzle with higher pressure, it will atomize better, period. You can take any system on the market and run multiple small nozzles. This is not some great feat invented by your kit maker.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I didn't say it was a great feat - this is not the only meth kit I've run CookingMaster. I have had a Snow kit as well - the fact that you think your kit controls adequately is great. I love it - I can't wait to run a 335 running your setup so I can lawlz at the fluid washing down his cylinder walls as I wave into the sunset.

Just testing out my CM kit:

Click here to enlarge

And whats comical is you think your pressure is so great - guess what happens why my fuel injectors go 80 - 90% DC? The water injection valve goes 90% DC... and guess what that means? 160 psi and 1200cc of flow... WHEN IT COUNTS.

Congrats you inject your fluid at full blast at 2000 RPM rofl.

You're a joke - hope your customers don't see these statements. Though, they're probably too naive to notice or care.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But you are speaking for them. How do you know they will find the comments laughable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    because I am talking to them in IMs but CM won't go over.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast