Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

5mall5snail5 E34 dyno numbers

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 503Alex Click here to enlarge
    Didn't you teach him the secrets of the MSS54?
    Oh so you're the one mocking me on bfc.... I gotcha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Alex how iz u? It is good to see him not using a piggyback. The training part was a joke, and he knows it. Some of the slower humans have a hard time keeping up with such jokes. I hope you dont fall into the latter group. Please allow the OP to answer the questions. It seems like questions are not liked by certain humans as well. I hope you dont fall in that group as well. BEEP.
    Your jokes are too complex. It is hard to keep up. Try to make them easier for us idiots to understand. Kthxbai.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Oh so you're the one mocking me on bfc.... I gotcha.
    Mocking? I'm offended. I'm trying to help you pioneer your new method of measurement which will be the end of dynos as an accepted measurement of an automobile's abilities.
    Click here to enlarge
    1977 S30Z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 503Alex Click here to enlarge
    Your jokes are too complex. It is hard to keep up. Try to make them easier for us idiots to understand. Kthxbai.

Mocking? I'm offended. I'm trying to help you pioneer your new method of measurement which will be the end of dynos as an accepted measurement of an automobile's abilities.
    Fine, since you like conventional methods hows this for metering my cars performance.

Click here to enlarge

gasp!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, new thread created for this since it was taking over another one.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fine, since you like conventional methods hows this for metering my cars performance.

Click here to enlarge

gasp!
    Do you actually have a relevant, complete graph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you seriously posting a tease half dyno sheet right now? Come on man.... Im glad you dyno'd, now show us. With all that talk and calling people out I think you should be gladly showing your dyno now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you actually have a relevant, complete graph?
    Absolutely I do. But this is more fun. For all the $#@! talkers around I figured I'd get my kicks in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Are you seriously posting a tease half dyno sheet right now? Come on man.... Im glad you dyno'd, now show us. With all that talk and calling people out I think you should be gladly showing your dyno now.
    I don't get it, why does it take forever to try and even get a dyno out of these guys? Talk and talk and talk and talk, measuring bumpers off the ground, no 1/4 miles, no 60-130's, no dyno's, nothing. It is rather absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't get it, why does it take forever to try and even get a dyno out of these guys? Talk and talk and talk and talk, measuring bumpers off the ground, no 1/4 miles, no 60-130's, no dyno's, nothing. It is rather absurd.
    Because this is a street car man. I literally rolled the car into the dyno room after my friend was finished, turned the datalogging on, and did 6 - 7 pulls without any tweaks. I think I pulled 3% fuel in the 25 psi region just to bring it into the 11.3:1 area. This means I street tuned the car over the last while, and rolled onto the dyno to see what it makes. I am not trying to impress people (and I don't really enjoy going 130mph + on the street). So, to each their own yeah?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because this is a street car man. I literally rolled the car into the dyno room after my friend was finished, turned the datalogging on, and did 6 - 7 pulls without any tweaks. I think I pulled 3% fuel in the 25 psi region just to bring it into the 11.3:1 area. This means I street tuned the car over the last while, and rolled onto the dyno to see what it makes. I am not trying to impress people (and I don't really enjoy going 130mph + on the street). So, to each their own yeah?
    To each their own is fine which is probably why you chose the vehicle you chose.

I just don't see how that applies to sharing dyno results. My car is a street car, Taza's is a street car, 99% of the cars on the site are street cars but they share their info and don't string people along for kicks.

It's fine if it is a work in progress, so what? Whose car isn't?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely I do. But this is more fun. For all the $#@! talkers around I figured I'd get my kicks in.
    I get you but come on now, you bash on my dyno and you post half yours?

So is mine. My car was actually tuned in half a day. My dyno AFR values are even richer then yours. Posting half your dyno sheet is just gay.

Just post it up, im sure its impressive. Tell us the specs as well, boost (in psig), gas etc...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To each their own is fine which is probably why you chose the vehicle you chose.

I just don't see how that applies to sharing dyno results. My car is a street car, Taza's is a street car, 99% of the cars on the site are street cars but they share their info and don't string people along for kicks.

It's fine if it is a work in progress, so what? Whose car isn't?
    Exactly! I even posted my really bad 60-130 time's which were done with every worse case scenario.

Whats worse is how he dissects people's dyno's but doesn't post his...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Whats worse is how he dissects people's dyno's but doesn't post his...
    This is a valid point with truth to it.

I just don't understand how we have the same few guys with older BMW's who constantly are talking down to people with newer cars yet they show nothing of any merit themselves. They seem to live vicariously through what others are doing.

I'm not saying that is what is going on here, as this car is extremely nice. I really like the build and the attention to detail. If he doesn't want to post dyno's that is his business, but that sure does weaken his position when he "dissects" others as you stated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am just the underdog here. No company built cars. This was built in a driveway, tuned on the street, and laid some nice numbers down on pump gas, stock non vanos head and cams. Let me bask Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am just the underdog here. No company built cars. This was built in a driveway, tuned on the street, and laid some nice numbers down on pump gas, stock non vanos head and cams. Let me bask Click here to enlarge
    You will bask more with the dyno out in the open, people can actually give you props. Like this it wont be anything but negative. Also the way you talk to everyone you make sure to make your point that you know better then most. You have discredited lots of people's car's including mine and now you are telling people your car is not as good because you built it.

As BMW FI enthusiasts we definitely want to see it with details. What are you afraid of?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SLOW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nd laid some nice numbers down on pump gas, stock non vanos head and cams. Let me bask
    I'm very curious as to what the numbers are, let us bask too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

This is a run on 93 octane pump gas, 50:50 water/meth, stock M50 non vanos head and stock M50 non vanos cams.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have the run file? Would be great to see RPM.

I'm also not going to jump on you for not having a proper torque curve posted, I could have sworn I saw people doing this to HPF recently but we are above that.

Nice peak power, seems to lag a bit though but that invalid torque line is throwing perception of rpm off as the cross isn't accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I f'd up - we were dynoing an OBD2 car and we clamp a wire on his coil, did the same for me but it obviously wasn't the right inductive source. I believe this pull was 5th gear. I believe its making 650 hp at the 5200 mark. It doesn't lag as bad on the street - inertia dyno doesn't build load like the street does unfortunately. I have been struggling with a boost creep issue, so when I run a .9 bar spring I make like 18 - 20 psi, so the wastegate is opening at 13 psi or so, and venting off, yet the boost pulls well above. This doesn't help spool at all because the WG is open longer than intended. If I step up spring sizes, the same effect happens just at higher and higher boost. Revision on the manifold is planned this winter.

Edit: I am rusty on HPF power but since you mentioned it, I think its making more than their stage 2.5 on race + meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I f'd up - we were dynoing an OBD2 car and we clamp a wire on his coil, did the same for me but it obviously wasn't the right inductive source. I believe this pull was 5th gear.
    No big deal, do you mind setting winpep to RPM?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No big deal, do you mind setting winpep to RPM?
    Don't haz - I asked, dudes dyno is like super old school computer. Actually was running Windows 95 which worried me initially. He said the WinPEP file is older and they didn't make a viewer that was compatible. The newer one won't work (his words). Not trying to hide anything, my buddy Jay and I both asked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't haz - I asked, dudes dyno is like super old school computer. Actually was running Windows 95 which worried me initially. He said the WinPEP file is older and they didn't make a viewer that was compatible. The newer one won't work (his words). Not trying to hide anything, my buddy Jay and I both asked.
    That's weird, I don't get it. The run file is going to be the same format regardless of the version of WinPEP. You should be able to take the file and run it with a new viewer and change it. At least this is how I understand it but no big deal, might want to consider dyno'ing somewhere else next time. Win 95? Heh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's weird, I don't get it. The run file is going to be the same format regardless of the version of WinPEP. You should be able to take the file and run it with a new viewer and change it. At least this is how I understand it but no big deal, might want to consider dyno'ing somewhere else next time. Win 95? Heh.
    Yeah its old school. But, the nice thing is, I think the dyno is UNDERESTIMATED. The friend I dyno'd with had made 560 hp / 590 torque on a DynoJet in CT with stock S52 cams a couple years ago. He swapped in Bavarian Solutions turbo cams and they made a huge difference in logging and butt dyno, and yet he dyno'd today at.... 560 hp (647 torque though). So likely the first dyno a couple years ago was inflated, or this guys dyno is deflated (or perhaps truthful), either way, car scooots and lifts the bumper 6" off the ground Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge We chose this dyno because its < 1 mile from the shop we build our cars in, so should anything bad happen........ ...........

But, fwiw, drove the car 70 miles to the dyno and then 70 miles home Click here to enlarge

Pump gas warriors unite.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressive. How much boost?

What are your gear ratio's? Whats the redline on this dyno? Final drive and 5th gear ratio's specifically. Also tire diameter size. We can chart the rpm's and TQ pretty easily.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast