Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Many? I don't know how many but encinitas for example recently made the switch right here.
    meaning Procede to JB3 hasnt happened many times recently it seems.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

encinitas made the switch from a v4 to a jb3? He must be one of 2 or 3 that I heard off in the past year. 90 percent of the time, its the other way around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    meaning Procede to JB3 hasnt happened many times recently it seems.
    But I'm telling you it just happened...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    encinitas made the switch from a v4 to a jb3? He must be one of 2 or 3 that I heard off in the past year. 90 percent of the time, its the other way around.
    I think it is true it mostly is the other way around but there are examples from both sides.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Well, there are examples for both, but majority rules. If shiv is such an $#@! as viewed here, why are people still making the switch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Well, there are examples for both, but majority rules. If shiv is such an $#@! as viewed here, why are people still making the switch?
    Shiv can be an $#@! and that is why people have made the switch in the other direction.

I don't know if majority rules but sure, most people probably proceed (haha, get it?) in the other direction. My point was to show it is not one-sided.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

50/50 is not one sided. 60/40 is not even really one sided. Based on forum responses its more 90/10 in the switch department, that to me in considered one sided.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

50/50 is not one sided. 60/40 is not even really one sided. Based on forum responses its more 90/10 in the switch department, that to me in considered one sided.
    There is no way to know the real numbers all we know for sure is that both happens. But saying the switch goes only one way is one-sided, that is the application in which the term was used.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

If oakland blows out denver 59-10, was the game one sided? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It can be used in that sense as well, sure. But the point seemed to be all or nothing more than proportion. By stating there is a proportion in of itself proves it is not completely one sided Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

yes and as a result Brandon Lloyd scores me $#@! in fantasy.

f Oakland.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Rt now, V4 Drives way smoother and more powerfully after plugging it in initial autotuning / adaptation. (Jb3 - V4- Jb3 owner). I truly hate saying this.... and at this point the truth does hurt. However, CPE will soon be in my car. Also, No matter what one thinks about the JB3 - the JB4 will be hurting someone's sales.

so if the V4 drives better AND is more powerful why did you put the JB3 back in? Sell the procede to get the Standback?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

so if the V4 drives better AND is more powerful why did you put the JB3 back in?
    Because Shiv was an asshat to him so he did not want to give him his business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JB3 FTW !!!!
    1. more power
    2. FASTER
    3. CHEAPER
    4. TOO FAST !!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Because Shiv was an asshat to him so he did not want to give him his business.
    I dont care what a person does, if they sell a vastly better product I want it.

What did Shiv do? Kick his kid?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by greatest335i Click here to enlarge
    JB3 FTW !!!!
    1. more power
    2. FASTER
    3. CHEAPER
    4. TOO FAST !!!
    are JB3 owners given a cheat sheet w retarded comments to post on the interweb when they purchase a tune from Terry?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forgive me, my knowledge regarding our cars is admittedly a lot lower than most of the rest of the people's on this board and on n54tech.

(Read: I'm humble and I have every reason to be...)

Currently, I'm letting go of the JB3. Once upgraded to the G4, the buyer will most likely find it excellent, especially because it will have most features that the V4 has, along with a developer that is actually exceptional at helping people out regarding his product.

I've said it on here before - I actually enjoyed driving the V4 for many reasons more than the Jb3 - this will again be remedied for all of the BMS crew soon.

I would stay with it, but, I am looking forward to working with CPE. Again, please feel free to correct me, but, it is my understanding that it will be pretty much the same technology as the V4 with the added benefits of being able to have more control over things. I'm not going to be dumb enough to start tweaking things on my own - that's what knowledgable friends and a helpful company like they are will help me do.

Especially for people with upgraded turbos in the future - more control over boost, fuel, etc. is going to be something desirable.

I lol at how a certain vendor tried to get in good with AR on their post on E9$. Andrew may rub people wrong around here - but he has been an excellent vendor to me. What I'm going to find interesting is if a certain person that accuses another of always reverse engineering, is himself going to reverse engineer the SB2 when he sees how well people take to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Forgive me, my knowledge regarding our cars is admittedly a lot lower than most of the rest of the people's on this board and on n54tech.

(Read: I'm humble and I have every reason to be...)

Currently, I'm letting go of the JB3. Once upgraded to the G4, the buyer will most likely find it excellent, especially because it will have most features that the V4 has, along with a developer that is actually exceptional at helping people out regarding his product.

I've said it on here before - I actually enjoyed driving the V4 for many reasons more than the Jb3 - this will again be remedied for all of the BMS crew soon.

I would stay with it, but, I am looking forward to working with CPE. Again, please feel free to correct me, but, it is my understanding that it will be pretty much the same technology as the V4 with the added benefits of being able to have more control over things. I'm not going to be dumb enough to start tweaking things on my own - that's what knowledgable friends and a helpful company like they are will help me do.

Especially for people with upgraded turbos in the future - more control over boost, fuel, etc. is going to be something desirable.

I lol at how a certain vendor tried to get in good with AR on their post on E9$. Andrew may rub people wrong around here - but he has been an excellent vendor to me. What I'm going to find interesting is if a certain person that accuses another of always reverse engineering, is himself going to reverse engineer the SB2 when he sees how well people take to it.

cool, the SB2 sounds like its going to work great, wish there was more end user data at this point though Click here to enlarge

so JB3 -> V4 -> JB3 -> SB2

would it be fair for you to say that the V4 was better than the JB3?

i'm interested to see what you have to say about the SB2 being you've used the other 2 tunes already.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I love my JB3 PnP, but I have heard great things about the proCEDE.
    Both are similar in that they are piggybacks and that they both just catch the ECU signals and change them or something like that.
    Both platforms have shown that they are very capable, and support a plethora of mods. I know turbo upgrades have been run on both.

I personally bought the JB3 over the proCEDE because it was cheaper, had an awesome map switching feature with the gas pedal, and had 7 set maps which pertained to your mods/gas. With the procede it is pretty much necessary to run with a laptop and usb cable to set $#@! up, the JB3 was out of the box self adapting and working.

Once again, I may sound retarded in my writing because I am currently procrastinating studying for an econ mid term and just dont wanna put a lot of thought into this, however both are great and should not be bought new because they can be bought used on forums for almost half price in perfect shape.

peace out
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the v4 better than the jb3?

I'm a nobody. People shouldn't care what I have to say on a technical level.

I've done my research on what the SB2 and I'm stoked to work with it and learn a lot from CPE and other people that are knowledgable about proper tuning in the process. I will ask for them to speak for me regarding their product. I know that there is a huge reason why AR, Unfor, & even Terry himself say that it will be a go to for people that want to really dial things in (tuning by dyno or with a passenger on the road).

If you search my posts you will see why I left the v4. The tune itself is great Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I dont care what a person does, if they sell a vastly better product I want it.
    I agree with this and I usually am the same way but if something is personally insulting to me I will avoid that product and seek out an alternative even is an inconvenience. I go to friends for business even though there are cheaper/better alternatives all the time as some things are a matter of principle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I agree with this and I usually am the same way but if something is personally insulting to me I will avoid that product and seek out an alternative even is an inconvenience. I go to friends for business even though there are cheaper/better alternatives all the time as some things are a matter of principle.
    agreed on both counts.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it me or do I see more jb dyno's than procede dyno's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Is it me or do I see more jb dyno's than procede dyno's?
    I see more JB dynos but we have more JB users so that would make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

The JB3 G3 is a great tune and the most popular in use today by far. I think people tend to forget many of the people running them buy our pin out model for $349 new. It's extremely affordable and high on value. No it doesn't offer everything the $1000 tunes do but for what you pay it's a great product. Having said that you guys will be *very* impressed with the G4 (which will still be at $349 and $529 for the PnP). The part throttle is so much stronger and more refined, and the CAN features really fill in the areas the G3 is lacking. The new absolute targeting and autotuning makes life much easier. Even the DPFIX is built in now.

Also as of right now if I was doing a large turbo project I'd look no further than CPE. Hands down the best option for custom tuning and its backed up by some real professionals.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast