Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    sorry that link does not work.

Also, when going to the forum index, it does not show up as far as I can tell and I have searched in the past and found nothing. Maybe you can tell me what Im doing wrong..

I tried to post the link in this reply but due to my status I am not allowed.
    Link works for me? What is the error you are experiencing?

On the forum index just go to the forum: Forum Announcements, Support, Rules, and Feedback

The vendor guidelines are stickied.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its the link to know where, it just never loads. I found it now and read it. I have followed those guidelines to a tee. Glad to have just re-confirmed it.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Its the link to know where, it just never loads. I found it now and read it. I have followed those guidelines to a tee. Glad to have just re-confirmed it.
    Not sure why it doesn't load for you, really, no idea.

Glad you have followed them (the board kind of makes you Click here to enlarge ) so this one should not be a surprise any longer: Guest vendors are NOT allowed to post links or create threads on their product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not sure why it doesn't load for you, really, no idea.

Glad you have followed them (the board kind of makes you Click here to enlarge ) so this one should not be a surprise any longer: Guest vendors are NOT allowed to post links or create threads on their product.
    Are you implying that I wanted to post links to my product or threads on my product? To be clear, I wanted to post an external link to help a member with a question. Had nothing to do with our product. You made it clear thats against the rules to helping a member by posting a link. I said its a stupid rule, you said you cant moderate everything someone posts and I said thats fine and apologized for being a bit brash in my original comment.

I hope that sums it up and makes it clear that I am not looking to post links to my product.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Are you implying that I wanted to post links to my product or threads on my product
    No, I'm telling you that in the vendor rules it clearly states that you can't post links, which includes e-mail addresses so that explains why you can't post anything with the @ symbol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, I'm telling you that in the vendor rules it clearly states that you can't post links, which includes e-mail addresses so that explains why you can't post anything with the [AT] symbol.
    Yes, thanks for pointing that out its greatly appreciated. I can offer you a suggestion as to what I would do, if you care. Instead of looking at just the "at" sign, look for the "at" sign and a "." in the same continous string. That way if someone has the "AT" sign in a screen name it should allow you to quote.

also, when quoting someone elses post and they have a link in the post it does not let you quote it. Check the quoted post using the same algorithm that you use to to prevent guest vendors from posting links, to allow that from being quoted.

I know that does not sync with your business plan, but I thought it would be good suggestion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Yes, thanks for pointing that out its greatly appreciated. I can offer you a suggestion as to what I would do, if you care. Instead of looking at just the "at" sign, look for the "at" sign and a "." in the same continous string. That way if someone has the "AT" sign in a screen name it should allow you to quote.
    I'll see if I can tweak it.

also, when quoting someone elses post and they have a link in the post it does not let you quote it. Check the quoted post using the same algorithm that you use to to prevent guest vendors from posting links, to allow that from being quoted.
    No guarantees, but I'll try.

I know that does not sync with your business plan, but I thought it would be good suggestion.
    Not sure exactly why it would not sync, the intention was not to prevent guest vendors from quoting posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll see if I can tweak it.

No guarantees, but I'll try.
    Not sure exactly why it would not sync, the intention was not to prevent guest vendors from quoting posts.
    This is why I like your forum. You are fair.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

This is why I like your forum. You are fair.
    I know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456