Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Track day disappointment!!!

So i have a M6 that i have been modding for a couple of years now and lets just say everything has finally came together. I have a track day scheduled tomorrow that i have been waiting for the perfect weather, new clutch, and a few other small things. I have a very "healthy" car and I was all excited to challenge for the fastest m6 i know of in the country 11.86 on drag times, and the fastest in the world is 11.60. I took my car to the shop today to get the DR mounted just to find out they dont clear my brakes!!! >=(. These rims were ordered from Tire Rack specifically for my car so i had no reason to test fit and to make matters worse they were ordered about a year ago. So now i have my street tires on that have like 3000 miles left in them and im so down. I work like 50 hours a week and i have a 9 month old so its not as easy as just going some other time, especially cuz i went to pocono on tuesday and im going to vegas this tuesday. Oh well cheer for me fellas!! I will be at Atco 9:00 in the am

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it a 17 inch that you went with? Surprised Tire Rack didn't catch that it wouldn't clear.

Any of your slips thus far to post?

What is your mod list again?

You will be able to sell the drag radials, no problem.

Without the proper tires you won't be able to do much tomorrow.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had gotten a set of 18s with mt dragradials on them and I have pretty much every bolt on intake,headers,pulley,stage 2 tune, straight pipes with no resonators or any of the 4 cats. I went 12.19@ 121 when she was a virgin, went 11.97 at a runway event with timing equip<don't count that>

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I had gotten a set of 18s with mt dragradials on them and I have pretty much every bolt on intake,headers,pulley,stage 2 tune, straight pipes with no resonators or any of the 4 cats. I went 12.19@ 121 when she was a virgin, went 11.97 at a runway event with timing equip
    Glad you don't count the timing equipment at the runway Click here to enlarge

18's don't clear? That is weird, an 18 should clear the rear.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My empathies for the bad luck, but goodluck for the run. Maybe someone will have a set to loan you for a couple passes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I had gotten a set of 18s with mt dragradials on them and I have pretty much every bolt on intake,headers,pulley,stage 2 tune, straight pipes with no resonators or any of the 4 cats. I went 12.19@ 121 when she was a virgin, went 11.97 at a runway event with timing equip<don't count that>
    ok, spill it. when and where are these runway events? if your close enough to Atco then your right near me..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ok, spill it. when and where are these runway events? if your close enough to Atco then your right near me..
    lol that was with exotics rally down in miami, we all shipped our cars so the whole weekend was a fortune but worth it lol....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Local to me to.