Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Evo 8 650 hp vs. Bolt on E60 M5

M5 gets crushed:

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've run a couple 400whp/400wtq EVO 9's I've tuned and they are heads up with my bolt on E92 DCT. Fast cars with the right mods with stock like spool. High 11s@119 mostly for them. 600whp cars are no exception expect for the supra like powerbands or the crappy 5th gear in the 5speed GSR cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

They're cheap to mod - most bang for your buck deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    They're cheap to mod - most bang for your buck deal.
    meh an evo x loaded cost as much as a 135i...base model..

They're not that cheap to mod..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

LOVE EVO's...a few of my friends had them....great car for the money or just great car...and they are cheap to mod. Upgrades cost nothing compared to
    Z' Germans.

I swear a EVO with a tune and exhaust can smoke anything thru some tight canyons
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    LOVE EVO's...a few of my friends had them....great car for the money or just great car...and they are cheap to mod. Upgrades cost nothing compared to
    Z' Germans.

I swear a EVO with a tune and exhaust can smoke anything thru some tight canyons

if you're comparing to a gt3.. yea its cheap. if you're comparing to a car that is more than twice what the car is worth, like that obviously. but still doing mods to a 135 and and evo x. are basically the same pricing. intake is like 4-5 bills for the evo compared to 300 for 135 etc. their tunes are the same price a little over 600$ (vishnu) downpipes etc...

hondas, scions,toyota thats cheaper than anything else.

but still and evo x will rape in canyons. totally agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

if you're comparing to a gt3.. yea its cheap. if you're comparing to a car that is more than twice what the car is worth, like that obviously. but still doing mods to a 135 and and evo x. are basically the same pricing. intake is like 4-5 bills for the evo compared to 300 for 135 etc. their tunes are the same price a little over 600$ (vishnu) downpipes etc...

hondas, scions,toyota thats cheaper than anything else.

but still and evo x will rape in canyons. totally agreed.

can you delete the other post, I thought i was logged into my account.. sorry sticky
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    can you delete the other post, I thought i was logged into my account.. sorry sticky
    Why more than one account anyway?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

no lol, you misunderstood. i was on my friends computer and i didnt log off his account. I thought i was on mine. thats his own account.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

no lol, you misunderstood. i was on my friends computer and i didnt log off his account. I thought i was on mine. thats his own account.
    Ah, got it. Might as well leave it, not hurting anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stock turbo Evo VII - IX just fall over so hard after 3rd or 4th gear, depending on if you have the 5 or 6 speed. My IX MR was a rocket from 0-120 and then it was just.. pbbt. To get big top end meant something like a GT35R, which = bad turbo lag on the stock 2.0L. So to recover some low end torque you need to do a 2.3L stroker... so now you're spending $10k+ in mods or more on a $25k-$30k car. You also had to run a $#@! ton of boost, which means your margin of error for tuning is narrower and you have to watch things like A/F ratios and EGTs like a hawk. One bad tank of gas could = doom. I was running 25psi of boost on my stock turbo and I knew guys with big turbos on 2.0L motors running over 30psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    Stock turbo Evo VII - IX just fall over so hard after 3rd or 4th gear, depending on if you have the 5 or 6 speed. My IX MR was a rocket from 0-120 and then it was just.. pbbt. To get big top end meant something like a GT35R, which = bad turbo lag on the stock 2.0L. So to recover some low end torque you need to do a 2.3L stroker... so now you're spending $10k+ in mods or more on a $25k-$30k car. You also had to run a $#@! ton of boost, which means your margin of error for tuning is narrower and you have to watch things like A/F ratios and EGTs like a hawk. One bad tank of gas could = doom. I was running 25psi of boost on my stock turbo and I knew guys with big turbos on 2.0L motors running over 30psi.
    evo9 with a 6speed with mivec and cams and bolt ons with proper tuning (by me) have good top end. We have them neck and neck with E92 M3's and E60 M5's up top past 120 here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

meh an evo x loaded cost as much as a 135i...base model..

They're not that cheap to mod..
    referring to the the VIII and IX - but yes, any car that you want to do any major tuning is going to cost a good amount, however, there is always the premium we pay with our brand Click here to enlarge