Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    Some form of traction control maybe?
    Possibly, we need more details. If it is a standalone many support such features.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont think he has traction control enabled, but obviously by the secrecy of the owner, we dont know the facts.

Another thing i wanted to mention is the dyno sheets above. He used 3rd gear, which is odd and he also used 8f mode on the dynodynamics. That mode is meant for FI cars with 8 cylinders not 6. I dont know enough about dynodynamics but its annoying how you can manipulate numbers, more so then a dynojet.

Also he definitely changes his turbo's or the numbers don't make sense. The 2 dyno's posted have the worst powerband ive ever seen! They make peak horsepower at over 7500rpm then die off. Before 7000rpm hes not making much hp at all. That is why he connected nitrous and thats why the vbox looks like he used nitrous. Also notice in his 2 videos, the 1st video the car doesnt seem to be making as much power as the 2nd. I know traction will be the excuse but i dont think thats the answer here. The car sounds much different in the 2nd video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I dont think he has traction control enabled, but obviously by the secrecy of the owner, we dont know the facts.

Another thing i wanted to mention is the dyno sheets above. He used 3rd gear, which is odd and he also used 8f mode on the dynodynamics. That mode is meant for FI cars with 8 cylinders not 6. I dont know enough about dynodynamics but its annoying how you can manipulate numbers, more so then a dynojet.

Also he definitely changes his turbo's or the numbers don't make sense. The 2 dyno's posted have the worst powerband ive ever seen! They make peak horsepower at over 7500rpm then die off. Before 7000rpm hes not making much hp at all. That is why he connected nitrous and thats why the vbox looks like he used nitrous. Also notice in his 2 videos, the 1st video the car doesnt seem to be making as much power as the 2nd. I know traction will be the excuse but i dont think thats the answer here. The car sounds much different in the 2nd video.

i was looking at the graph too. why a third gear pull thats not a real like 1to1 scale of the engine power the gearing is different. idk about the dynodynamics and the changes between the modes..

the second video did look/ sound crazier like went all out. the first video was soo subtle didnt even seem like a twini turbo car to be having aroung 1000+bhp
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Absolutely, I'm starting to hate that dyno.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely, I'm starting to hate that dyno.
    Agreed, you can make it read super low or super high its ridiculous. Also for turbo cars you can even make it spool much differently, again causing more/less power. Just too many conditions that change the power numbers imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Agreed, you can make it read super low or super high its ridiculous. Also for turbo cars you can even make it spool much differently, again causing more/less power. Just too many conditions that change the power numbers imo.
    Exactly why I prefer dynojets for looking at graphs. If people want to tune on a DD it's fine but you can't do much with the numbers. I don't even like the way their graphs look compared to how dynojet does it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly why I prefer dynojets for looking at graphs. If people want to tune on a DD it's fine but you can't do much with the numbers. I don't even like the way their graphs look compared to how dynojet does it.
    Ya for tuning its cool, although I still think you can put too much load on it and tune it, it wont do good on the street.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Ya for tuning its cool, although I still think you can put too much load on it and tune it, it wont do good on the street.
    Well of course, but that is why you have a good tuner. The argument can be made it is more difficult to simulate various load on a dynojet so a DD tune should be in theory be better for the street.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also don't think he used any kind of traction control, that would only slow you down...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well of course, but that is why you have a good tuner. The argument can be made it is more difficult to simulate various load on a dynojet so a DD tune should be in theory be better for the street.
    A good tuner can manipulate it as well, mustang is the way to go for tuning from what ive heard. Dynojets are good as well, never heard of any issues because of load. The rollers are 2500lbs or so.

The DD puts too much load and i think it simulates beyond street conditions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

mustang is the way to go for tuning from what ive heard.
    Eh... I don't know. The mustang would be better than the dynojet but I think the DD is probably the top of the game in this area. That is just what tuners have told me but many have their own dyno preference.

The DD puts too much load and i think it simulates beyond street conditions.
    Isn't it adjustable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh... I don't know. The mustang would be better than the dynojet but I think the DD is probably the top of the game in this area. That is just what tuners have told me but many have their own dyno preference.

Isn't it adjustable?

Ya ive heard the same story, some tuners love dynojets...

Yes its adjustable but Im not sure how you can accurately establish the rates and loads. I dont know enough about it to correctly talk about it... All i know is there are MANY different adjustments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all i can say about it is, when youre going for a vbox record and your car has a race gas map with methanol you use it, if your car has nitrous you spray it. you dont go for a record by leaving power "on the table". now it doesnt take away from the record or make the car any less impressive, but it would be nice to be told the truth about how the power was made.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    all i can say about it is, when youre going for a vbox record and your car has a race gas map with methanol you use it, if your car has nitrous you spray it. you dont go for a record by leaving power "on the table". now it doesnt take away from the record or make the car any less impressive, but it would be nice to be told the truth about how the power was made.
    As I have said before, the owner can not be trusted based on his past history.

So, go by the logical assumption that nitrous was used. If nitrous was not used, the burden of proof is on him to show us. Since he has not, I am going to continue to believe nitrous was used until it is proven otherwise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Having this joke Mert on list makes me
    not even take that serious anymore. I just don't see how you can have a valid time
    with no info on the car. Just doesn't seem right to me. We should have all info so we can all compare setups. Personally I don't Trust this mert guy at all. He would go out of his way to make a bogus vbox time.

I've been around long enough to know about this JOKER. Same guy who filled his trunk with cement to try and get traction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    not even take that serious anymore. I just don't see how you can have a valid time
    with no info on the car. Just doesn't seem right to me. We should have all info so we can all compare setups. Personally I don't Trust this mert guy at all. He would go out of his way to make a bogus vbox time.
    This is all true, but he ran the time. What can you do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nothing you can do. To me it just kinda a ruined the times for me. That's me tho. I just can't believe one word from the dude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Nothing you can do. To me it just kinda a ruined the times for me. That's me tho. I just can't believe one word from the dude.
    Me either and people are actually kissing his ass over this time and overlooking the history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Forums are gettng lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Forums are gettng lame.
    Sometimes it is good to take a break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'll always lurk. You know there's another new forum? Bimmerplanet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'll always lurk. You know there's another new forum? Bimmerplanet
    There are dozens out there and new ones all the time, few good ones. Just more of the same, good luck to them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not even take that serious anymore.
    Based on his history, I am 100% in agreement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Based on his history, I am 100% in agreement.
    Nothing can be done guys, it is the record.

I don't like when thieves or just deplorable people get rewarded but the fact is the time was run. We can't ignore it based on who it is as that sets a dangerous precedent of keeping people off a list due to personal feelings instead of an objective look at the subject matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12