Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok...i think i got it right this time...once again...let me know if the logs are done wrong or if anything looks off...Click here to enlarge

autotune off
    Click here to enlarge

autotune on
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    boost and timing looks off, make sure you have the right file uploaded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    boost and timing looks off, make sure you have the right file uploaded.
    pretty sure those are the right files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i still see the same thing.. 100% throttle, rpms climbing, but throttle blade is closing and boost is dropping.. i dunno.. not my tune of choice, never ran it so i dont know what to tell ya..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i still see the same thing.. 100% throttle, rpms climbing, but throttle blade is closing and boost is dropping.. i dunno.. not my tune of choice, never ran it so i dont know what to tell ya..
    hey LM, does my full boost and rpm look around what is the same on yours? full boost (17+psi) at around 4000rpm?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like something bad is happening on that higher gear. Throttle is closing, boost is dropping, but the ign advance keeps running up strong. You can see the ignition advance drop sharply once in the longer gear with auto-tune on. With auto-tune off the ignition timing doesn't get as high so it doesn't have the dropout.

Both times have throttle closure, I don't like that. Ultimateendz, I would ask Shiv what is going on and maybe run a bit less boost for now, unless that was you letting up early on the pedal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have the wrong firmware/map loaded all sorts of things can be off! Click here to enlarge So definitely check that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's worth emailing Vishnu, but it also looks like that event (throttle closure/boost taper) is happening in the last 200-300 RPM before redline anticipating the shift, but the scaling makes it look disproportionate. You car is 6AT right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok...so i did have an older map loaded onto the V4....this one is a new map...autotune on...fyi...i do let off the throttle while im saving the logs i do....so i guess thats what your seeing?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    It's worth emailing Vishnu, but it also looks like that event (throttle closure/boost taper) is happening in the last 200-300 RPM before redline anticipating the shift, but the scaling makes it look disproportionate. You car is 6AT right?
    yes im 6AT...and apparantly the ONLY 6AT on upped turbos with a V4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i have AT too :-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i have AT too :-)
    i stand corrected Click here to enlarge

i think i was the only one while yours was being rebuilt that was sending him logs...but having more than one 6AT should be beneficial nowClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i stand corrected Click here to enlarge

i think i was the only one while yours was being rebuilt that was sending him logs...but having more than one 6AT should be beneficial nowClick here to enlarge
    deifinetely thats why i was interested in your logs. i have sent mine to Shiv and they looked fine. He is probably the best to answer about them till you get a grip on them. I cant drive now (no driver license.....) so i cannot log much.
    One thing i did not like with the AT and how the boost builds on the procede was some bogging when shifting which has been now resolved by setting the Boost response to 50% , try it out its quite nice.
    Also the overboost delay should be set to 10 on the AT , i saw you had 5 on map 1 and 10 on map 2.
    you should slide the slider on the graph before the shift so we can see timing at redline.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok...so i did have an older map loaded onto the V4....this one is a new map...autotune on...fyi...i do let off the throttle while im saving the logs i do....so i guess thats what your seeing?

Click here to enlarge
    ill have to check on my logs.

but again, its the same thing here as well, 100% throtle but boost and throttle blade are not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The boost is dropping in each log. Something is not right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey LM, does my full boost and rpm look around what is the same on yours? full boost (17+psi) at around 4000rpm?
    i looked and the answer is no, 4k is about that vanos transition. If you recall the JB's logic, tq is boost below 4500 and Hp is boost above 4500, im sure you rmember seeing the small boost drop at the transition.

with that being said, as ive posted numerous times, i dont want full boost that low as i dont want/need it there, so i keep it @ 15/16 psi, and then let the boost rip up to howver high in the upper rpm range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OK - so I took a look at some of my logs (I have 6AT as well) and they are consistent with yours when I shift past 6500RPM. There is a very quick boost drop/throttle closure that precedes the shift. I'm guessing that was the trade-off for having no boost taper pre-6500RPM to prevent misfires on 6AT cars (Vishnu would need to confirm)

In the logs where I short shift (before 6500RPM) there is no boost taper at all and no throttle closure.

Short shift @ 6450
    Click here to enlarge

Shift at 6800 (you can see here that there is no boost drop or throttle closure until after 6500 (where I have the red line in the pic)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK - so I took a look at some of my logs (I have 6AT as well) and they are consistent with yours when I shift past 6500RPM. There is a very quick boost drop/throttle closure that precedes the shift. I'm guessing that was the trade-off for having no boost taper pre-6500RPM to prevent misfires on 6AT cars (Vishnu would need to confirm)

In the logs where I short shift (before 6500RPM) there is no boost taper at all and no throttle closure.

Short shift @ 6450
    Click here to enlarge

Shift at 6800 (you can see here that there is no boost drop or throttle closure until after 6500 (where I have the red line in the pic)
    Click here to enlarge
    i dont understand. Whats the benefit of having more boost to "redline"if your not actually holding to redline or have to shift @64/6500 rpm anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu would have to chime in to validate, but I believe the older maps started to taper boost at 5800rpm. So new maps have additional 700rpm of full boost, which allows you to shift at higher rpm, but before the stockers run out of wind at redline. Pretty sure common practice is to shift at 6200 with stock turbos - no idea what the optimal shift point would be with upgraded turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu would have to chime in to validate, but I believe the older maps started to taper boost at 5800rpm. So new maps have additional 700rpm of full boost, which allows you to shift at higher rpm, but before the stockers run out of wind at redline. Pretty sure common practice is to shift at 6200 with stock turbos - no idea what the optimal shift point would be with upgraded turbos.
    ok, i wasnt sure if i was understanding correctly. thank you. I would think then, that maybe Dan doesnt have upgraded turbo maps loaded???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dan supposedly has his own map from Shiv to accommodate the turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Dan supposedly has his own map from Shiv to accommodate the turbos.
    So... not auto-tuned eh? Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So... not auto-tuned eh? Click here to enlarge
    LOL..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well the auto tune thing works well for street use...but Shiv said to try turning auto tune off to see if it would make more boost up top...which the car stepped in an pulled timing on it's own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Well the auto tune thing works well for street use...but Shiv said to try turning auto tune off to see if it would make more boost up top...which the car stepped in an pulled timing on it's own.
    So what is this talk about direct timing control when it seems he is relying on the ECU to pull timing to compensate?

This auto-tuning stuff just keeps seeming to have a lot less "auto" to it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast