Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Overpriced IMOP , I would get these for $1500 , tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Overpriced IMOP , I would get these for $1500 , tonight.

And your point of this response was.......................

If you have something meaningful to the thread to contribute, then by all means. But if you are going to tell my customer that he overspent on a set of turbos, then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol Matt stop being like in that comercial Click here to enlarge , I'm just saying in my opinion it's overpriced, and in many cases it's just because it's a bmw, if it was a porsche it would probably cost 6k just because it's for a porsche you see where I'm going. maybe I'm wrong I don't know =\

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont believe there is any BMW tax involved in this....is there a fee for 'being one of the first ones out with it'? most likely. The first few always pay a little bit more. You got to pay to play with the big boys on the block.

Any really good turbo manifold + a decent turbo is going to run you $2k plus as well. My own manifold for my M30 is $1200, plus prolly another $1200 for the turbo....no BMW tax involved in that..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe you're right , but there should be always one company that does it by quantity not by a high price lol for $1500 there would be much more customers , but anyway I wasn't thinking that my comment would be taken serious, I just wrote what I've felt at the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Maybe you're right , but there should be always one company that does it by quantity not by a high price lol for $1500 there would be much more customers , but anyway I wasn't thinking that my comment would be taken serious, I just wrote what I've felt at the time.
    you can probably get it done in China for 1500 usd. We are talking about 2xturbos that need to be worked on as hybrids , not a single one.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok...i think i have the right values now....jpsimon feel free to correct me if im wrong....and now please tell me what the heck im looking at if you all may Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ultimateendz; 10-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here are my settings btw enrita Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks man was about to type that haha
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    thanks man was about to type that haha
    lol...so can anyone help me interpret this?...cause im lost as hell right now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    anybody?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you click with the pointer on the analysis you get a bar that you can slide and shows you the values. would be interesting to see Ignition advance before the shift for example. I am a newby to so maybe jpsimon or shiv can comment on it. from my poor knowledge it looks ok ?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol...so can anyone help me interpret this?...cause im lost as hell right now
    You aren't the only one.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You aren't the only one.
    lol...guess ill wait for the log gurus to show up...tick tock tick tock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your timing looks good after the first shift but drops down to 0 after the second shift, and then ramps up to 10 by the end of the gear. I'm curious why it pulled timing, and the knock value looks stable.

I would show IAT as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Your timing looks good after the first shift but drops down to 0 after the second shift, and then ramps up to 10 by the end of the gear. I'm curious why it pulled timing, and the knock value looks stable.

I would show IAT as well.
    ok thanks...whats the name for the IAT value in the logging?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ok thanks...whats the name for the IAT value in the logging?
    Not sure, I don't own a Procede. Probably has IAT in the name, or air temp, something along those lines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure how to move the reference line (red vertical line) but thats how you read the value @ target point.

Timing looks good in 3rd, but not so in 4th, you said you do or dont have meth?

Did you let off at the end of 4th gear in that log? boost drops significantly but rpm is still climbing, but throttle looks to be not 100% also.. very curious about that..

whats "boost control set point"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Timing in 2nd gear looks good, 3rd looks a bit off for the first half of the rpm band. Boost is nice and stable, looks like autotune is settling at your max boost which is a good thing in terms of running knock free...

I believe can knock is actually your a/f ratio from one of the stock widebands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty sure boost control set point is the target boost, boost in the first graph is actual boost. It's useful to show these on the same graph so you can see how close you are to hitting the target. Harder to see when the lines are on different charts a few rows away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    4th gear timing looks pretty low post shift. I would definitely spend some time tuning in that area. And why is boost set to taper to 8psi at redline? Almost stock boost levels up there? I don't get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP - did you log throttle as well? Would be good to add that to the same graph as the can dbw throttle. Might explain some of the throttle closure and boost taperClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    OP - did you log throttle as well? Would be good to add that to the same graph as the can dbw throttle. Might explain some of the throttle closure and boost taperClick here to enlarge
    I thought I did log throttle on there...*disclaimer* I have no clue as to what I'm doing when I'm logging so any suggestions will be promptly taken into consideration. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are 2 parameters - one called can dbw throttle which shows the throttle blade activity and one called just 'throttle' which shows the tps value (what your right foot is doing) It's helpful to show both if you logged them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    4th gear timing looks pretty low post shift. I would definitely spend some time tuning in that area. And why is boost set to taper to 8psi at redline? Almost stock boost levels up there? I don't get it.
    im starting to think that i may have the wrong map loaded...if so thats obviously completely my fault....and would explain the extremely low boost tapering....Terry, is there anything else that looks a bit off that could be because of the wrong map loaded?
    i did...im gonna try to get this template right if it kills me...lol
    There are 2 parameters - one called can dbw throttle which shows the throttle blade activity and one called just 'throttle' which shows the tps value (what your right foot is doing) It's helpful to show both if you logged them.
    ok will do...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast