Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NYYSR Click here to enlarge
    my friend you are speaking from what you have read in mags im speaking from what i KNOW as ive owned these cars not read about them.
    but just to clarify some points for you.
    Well I don't have a brother who owns a Gallardo collecting dust but there are members with Gallardos here. Their perspective is different yet they speak from experience.

lotus has lost their roots? again have you own or drive one? do you know anything about lotus history? if you did you wouldnt make such a statement.
    I know a thing or two about Lotus history,

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Colin Chapman
    Simplify and add lightness.
    The Elise is a car close to the Lotus roots. 3600 pound GT's and heavy sedans are not. You'll notice all these concepts are high weight, high complexity, high HP cars?

ummm you do know you have 6 months warranty on a lambo dont you, i guess the mags left that one out.
    That's weird because in the US Lamborghini authorizes dealers to offer 2 years, 24 months. I might have done some market research, that one is just from experience at the dealer.

let me ask you, when was the last time you saw a lambo or ferrari at a open track day NOT sponcered by either brand
    Do these count?

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...ighlight=track

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...ighlight=track

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...ck-videos.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...day-video.html

last but not least. The '07's are quite reliable you say really? so no starter problems, no fuel pump issues no intake starvation problems hummm must be a flook then.
    guess thats y lambo scraped their motor and went with the audi V10........you know cauzz their motor is so reliable
    I think you may be confusing the Gallardo and the R8 sharing the 5.2 direct injection V10. The Gallardo's original V10 was also an Audi designed motor. Since you imply the Audi V10 is reliable, you are quite correct, it is. No, there are no intake starvation problems I am aware of, sounds like a "fluke."

for the record i dont currently own a porsche but i did have a 1988 944 turbo for the track 2 years back.
    but i am currently looking for 2001-2004 911 turbo
    Excellent, I wish you luck in your search. I mean you no offense, but due to your general level of knowledge and writing style I can't help but think you are a young guy portraying himself as something that may not be entirely accurate. The fact you don't believe Scuderia's, Superleggera's, or Challenge Stradale's get tracked is rather mind boggling since that is their design and exactly what many of the owners do with them. As a matter of fact, the clientèle is so into tracking that the manufacturers are able to charge far more for far less creature comforts in hardcore, focused track machines.

If you need any help looking for your turbo from someone with a lot of experience researching that platform, don't hesitate to ask. Great choice by the way!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i would love to see an exo with a motor half as strong and durable for the same price.
    Ferrari and lambo make good looking cars but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    they are built for the guy who wants to look good and drive on the weekends NOT track days.
    if you want a good track car you can trash on the track then drive home you go Porsche or lotus simple as that.
    One of the editors of the British car magazine EVO has a Murcielago. It's part of their long term test fleet. He owns the car and drives it all over Europe, plus it's used as part of a fleet of "dream cars" that people pay to drive at track events. This guy's Murci just crossed 165,000 miles. I repeat - 165,000 miles. Many, if not most, of those miles being on the track. According to the owner there are 5,877 people who have beaten on that car at various events. The car has been run off the track, banged up, driven hard as hell, and it has never needed anything more than tires and various wear components like clutches, shocks, ball joints, brakes, etc. The owner said he's about to take it in to get the top end of the engine rebuilt, which is going to cost 15,000 UK pounds. That's it. After 165,000 miles of being ripped on by nearly 6,000 people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    That looks like a lambo. The original esprit will have something this will never have. I dont know what is up with all the new car designs today, its like people are only using rectangles and triangles to design $#@!. Not a fan of the looks or price tag, the original esprit was supposed to be and affordable exotic in its day. Cheaper than a ferrari but more expensive than your average sportscar, it had a lot of class. This thing just looks like another run-of-the-mill sportscar, IMO, not worth the 175.
    Cars are looking more and more similar because their designs are more and more governed by wind tunnel results combined with various laws regarding bumper height, pedestrian crash protection, etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure the the Gallardo has used the same V10 for its entire run. They bumped the displacement to from 5.0L to 5.2L is all. They didn't replace it with a different V10.

And around here (California) you will see plenty of Ferraris and Lambos at non-brand associated track days.
    Last edited by fstop7; 10-02-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so you found one heavy lotus and that means ..................................what?

as i said before, show me where EXOs goto track days NOT i repeat NOT sponsored by them.
    im speaking in a privately sponsored owner/op YEAR or SEASON round situation.
    yes yes i know you may find a few but on a whole its less than .01%

all you did was post a few ferrari track days and a solo F40 run, not sure why.

as for being some kid, you couldnt be more wrong, i dont need to prove who or what i am and i could care less about my internet writing as i left school 21 years ago lol.

you are right about the warranty tho, my brother got his new used and for some reason i thought thats what they came with, my mistake and i stand corrected.

if your local to NYC let me know ill have him take you for a spin.

Fstop7 im not so sure the 5.0 was an audi motor, from what i know it was a lambo motor updated by audi till audi put in a new 5.2 V10.
    i may be wrong as i am no lambo expert but one thing i do know is the 5.0 has a boat load of problems.

did not know about the EVO Murcielago, if thats true then thats impressive as hell to say the least.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exotics are a lot less fragile than they used to be. I won't get into the Ferrari v. Lambo debate, but I will say that Audi has injected a level of reliability into the Lambo cars that I'm not sure Ferrari has yet achieved. The F430 seems to be pretty solid, but the whole fire recall on the 458 seems like Ferrari is back to its old ways. That said both the F430 and 458 are way ahead of the F355 and even the 360.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    Exotics are a lot less fragile than they used to be. I won't get into the Ferrari v. Lambo debate, but I will say that Audi has injected a level of reliability into the Lambo cars that I'm not sure Ferrari has yet achieved. The F430 seems to be pretty solid, but the whole fire recall on the 458 seems like Ferrari is back to its old ways. That said both the F430 and 458 are way ahead of the F355 and even the 360.

i could not agree more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You do make a point about exotics on track days. Around here you will never see one going around the track on any given open day. I did see one or two parked at Limerock for the ALMS a few years ago but the owners had roped off their vehicles and were a bunch of arrogant snobs that drove the 'parade' laps and then boasted to each other about how 'they have track time and they are very experienced'. I did track support for many teams and Ive been to all sorts of racing, from DE to Club Racing up to Grand Am and GT/Daytona Prototypes. Other than the Ferrari camp at ALMS going head to head with the Flying Lizards, that was about it for exotics pushing the rubber around.

MCA, which is a local exotic car auction shop down the block from us, buys and sells Lambos all the time....all of them have something wrong. Most have had one or more throttlebodies replaced. They get stuck and hang open at 1500rpm. One had a glitch in the engine harness. Couldnt get it ready for state inspection, kept throwing the check engine light...they replaced the engine harness and it solved the problem. I would not buy one for track use, as far as support on the outside you are looking at a big bill to prep one. I have a friend that raced for Team Green Machine in the Asia GT3 series, with a Lambo. They placed 1st and 2nd, and were always high up on the ranks...but they were factory sponsored I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    Cars are looking more and more similar because their designs are more and more governed by wind tunnel results combined with various laws regarding bumper height, pedestrian crash protection, etc.
    Overall I understand where you're coming from, wind tunnel testing and crash test requirements will dictate 'some' of the design, but $#@! some of these cars rolling off the assembly line look like carbon copies of eachother. One good example of a design that is functional and unique is the 458, it is new, probably has gone through extensive wind tunnel testing and passes all crash code yet looks unique, new, amazing etc...

A good example of what your talking about is in practically all automotive sports, drag racing, road race, Formula competitors in those sports all have nearly identical body shapes because they probably all did their own independent tests for each sport to arrive to the same conclusion, the optimum shape. Problem is when you want to sell a car there is something you have to give up a little, optimum shape for some unique and good looks. I think the 458 barely gives up any on the optimum shape while looking great in doing so, a little italian design goes a long way!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good point, DBIFI. that reminds me how the old elise, the countach and also the Bugatti EB 110 shared a resemblance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12